Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Time to move TI back to europe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Kibner posted:

Wouldn't Russian players then have the same kind of trouble?

No, not really.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ambivalent posted:

idk, I just remember everyone talking about how chinese teams wouldn't be able to adapt or were outdated or were still getting used to dota 2 or w/e

I wasnt here at the time, but this sounds really strange to me. Chinese dota was super-strong in both 2010 (dota 1) and 2011 (dota 2, ti1) was it not? I'll openly admit that my only knowledge of that period is from legends of EHOME and TI1 videos on youtube.

Pyrion Flax posted:

TI3: CHINA IS AN UNSTOPPABLE FORCE THEY CAN FARM ALL DAY AND NEVER MAKE MISTAKES WHAT DO WE DO

Alliance are Swedish, mate.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Yeah no one remembers cool poo poo like the liquid mid Earth Shaker that destroyed teams in group stages at ti4. Rip
Was that cockva? I seem to remember cockva ES mid.

Or the c9 meepo game against VG that poo poo was so hype.

Singsing :swoon: :allears: :smith:
(yes, I know that game was a bone7 game, let me have my moment)

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Pyrion Flax posted:

There was a fear that the Chinese would just outfarm and outbore everybody. I know people think of Alliance as being boring to watch, but I personally really like split push games because they build momentum to a point where there are crazy desperation pushes, buybacks and baseraces. NaVi were the favourites as far as I can tell but there was also a concern that that opinion was just people being anti-chinese.

I think you're mixing up a bit here. Alliance at TI3 was the infinite effiency eveyrthing timed to perfection team. They werent really ratting at all, except for like two games where they fell behind but managed to win anyway (lgd, navi). Alliance were also massive favorites to win the tournament even before it started.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Qmass posted:

Hes a professor of economics so 100% yes.

And he doesnt like unions so he can gently caress off

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

botany posted:

wait really? i take back everything positive ive ever said about nahaz

He had some pissy comment when people were talking about making a players union where he said he thought the word union was really problematic and they should call it something else.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

botany posted:

edit: of course how you get "he doesnt like unions" from that is beyond me but goons will be goons

I only saw this.
https://twitter.com/NahazDota/status/703194486441164801

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

botany posted:

ye

yeah thats not helping you lol

He's either an insufferable twat for disliking unions or an insufferable twat for arguing weird semantics. Either way you interpret it, he's an insufferable twat.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

holy shitballs that meepo play was insane :stare:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

MOTHER COMES

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Mother came, and brought a storm

https://twitter.com/theAllianceGG/status/760888675697909761

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

alliance is fully in the dumpster for sure

LUL

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Alliance you glorious loving bastards

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/FollowAkke/status/761262467397718016

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

ElNarez posted:

can someone explain why n0tail would go for Pike over Veil or Agh's?

Probably to save the huskar, it has a very low cooldown

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Group A is turning out to be pretty loving close

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

drunken officeparty posted:

Did Complexity really not make it???

Complexity were literally eliminated by a 15 year old boy playing meepo

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I didn't get to watch the wildcards so explain in great detail to me because lmabo

A 15 year old boy went 18-0 on meepo and completely crushed complexity in the deciding wildcard game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2yBs9brZes

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I'm surpised that this lady caster who's name I can't remember right now on stream 3 was invited to cast TI. I've only ever seen her do like tier 8 na casts at 3am with 100 viewers

why her over Llama

Because she's good

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

This draft is loving weird

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Secret are getting sunsfanned

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/PaulChaloner/status/761410730021138433

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

Puppey really wants to make Kunkka work but he has not played it nearly enough.

Kunkka has 80% winrate so far at TI

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

"TrueSkill is a Bayesian ranking algorithm developed by Microsoft Research and used in the Xbox matchmaking system built to address some perceived flaws in the Elo rating system. "

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The Real Foogla posted:

some very bad ships by alliance, compared to fly it seems like a me-too pick

The ship is more about the rum buff than actually hitting the enemy.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

whats happening

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

botany posted:

he was no worse when he was a pubstar. he's been highly regarded for years and has influenced builds and playstyles for a long time.

Uh, cr1t hardly fits the definition of pubstar. And he definitely wasnt "one of the best in the world" until he broke through on OG. The only thing I remember him for pre OG is support kunkka on a danish team. Are you thinking of slahser?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

That was pretty clutch from cr1t. Predicting that dendi would euls himself when miracle jumped and using it as a setup for earth splitter

e: dendi isnt n0tail

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

LODA LONE DRUID INTO LAST PICK BROODMOTHER :stare:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

?????????????

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

gently caress me sideways what the loving gently caress

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/EvilGeniuses/status/761663208696455168

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I caught the last 30 seconds of that game where eg were all dead then alliance went and killed lion and won what happened

Alliance diebacked on s4 and bulldog, eg went for the throne. Loda/akke/egm killed them with the throne on like 5% hp

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://clips.twitch.tv/dota2ti/DeterminedSnakeOhMyDog

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Yes, alliance are guaranteed at least tiebreaker.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

that one guy posted:

If EG had taken 5 seconds to murder those 3 heroes attacking them they would have won. So crazy.

They tried, they went on loda with the lasso before that clip started but didnt kill him, and then sumail got blown the gently caress up with abyssal and fear got dingdingdinged

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

botany posted:

FIRST PHASE BROOD :psyduck:

bulldog has picked brood into every counter you can think of, he doesnt give a gently caress

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Craptacular! posted:

TNC! Locked into the upper bracket.

?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

ROFL

• Locked thread