Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
undying is pretty terrible in a meta where everyone gets dragon lance (even without that he's a meh pick only used for tri-laning)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Has any pro caster posted their compendium predictions yet I always just copy those because :effort:

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
just go with your silver/gold cards instead of by teams because even if its likely a team may get eliminated the bonuses on cards are just so good for fantasy points

also, can you dust player cards once a team is eliminated and still keep the points?

Edit: Nevermind, it locks cards you used in your drafting

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

botany posted:

that's a good point. i'm still sticking with my two liquid players because the cards are golden and i think na'vi is more likely to throw than liquid, but i'd be interested in how many points people get for their navi cards. learning experience incoming :v:

I got a gold artstyle card with five different stats so I can post what he earns afterwards

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
I was drunk when I did my player cards so I thought only Group A was fighting today and used all the cards with those teams :laffo:

hopefully the game coordinator gets fixed soon. I need to have some more predictions to completely fail at

Edit: Looks like it just came back up

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Well that's a relief. I have a screencap ready for whoever wanted to know about how Navi.Artstyle was going to do in the fantasy draft. Did he really never place a single observer ward? Navi is definitely back...of the point earnings :v:

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
they just released the treasure trove and lockless chests so I wonder how large the prize pool will get now. you get two free levels on your first chest but both chests are pretty much meh.

also what are everyone's fantasy points? It seems the global one isn't updated yet and I just want to see whether I had the luck of the ogre magi or not

Day 1: 440.8
Day 2: 493.14
Day 3: 445.77
Day 4: 345.72
Total: 1725.44

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
it feels weird that we're actually getting monkey king now; I wonder how his kit will differ from phantom lancer (who owns a bunch of sets that would be probably be better fit for mk now)

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
my gold saska card earned me 108.54 fantasy points today :stare:

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

How do I play Sand King and not suck at it

Did he even have any good games this TI? I remember one team getting like 4 heroes killed with a single epi but I think that's because they all jumped the Undying and perfectly set themselves up to be burrow striked like idiots.

You can go solo offlane and max out his passive first (it's good now) if they go two melee but in pubs you can usually get away with iron talon sandstorm jungling (try leeching xp for level 2 sandstorm as level 1 is vastly slower). Buy raindrops with a tp as soon as you can, and then just afk farm and only help your team if someone tries to dive them under a tower. Also buy the flying courier and some wards so your solo support can get some loving boots already

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

cohsae posted:

If my card challenge thing says 95% does that mean I'm a rock star or did I completely blow?

It means you were in the top 5% of fantasy point predictors. I guess a lot of people never bothered with the cards.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
I loved how NP literally wasted an aegis and 5-man push with a fresh brood BKB because EE decided to just keep farming on the other side of the map :laffo:

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

this better not be real because:

quote:

Necrophos:Hero Reworked

Reaper's Scythe Scepter upgrade no longer disables buyback or deals extra damage.
Reaper's Scythe Scepter upgrade reduces cooldown to 55/40/25.
Death Pulse now passively provides 1/3/5/7 HP/MP regen for 7 seconds for each unit you kill (10x for heroes).
Death Pulse damage reduced from 125/175/225/275 to 80/120/160/200
Death Pulse heal reduced from 70/90/110/130 to 60/80/100/120
Replaced Sadist with a new ability, Ghost Shroud. Turns you Ethereal for 3/3.5/4/4.5 seconds and grants you a 600 AoE slow aura that reduces enemy movement speed by 12/20/28/36%. While you are in this form you take 20% more magic damage but any HP/MP you heal is amplified by 50%. Cooldown: 28/24/20/16
Level 10: +40 Damage OR +6 Strength
Level 15: +6 All Stats OR +15 Movement Speed
Level 20: +5% Spell Amplification OR +10% Magic Resistance
Level 25: +400 Health OR -1s Death Pulse Cooldown

this is some ridiculous hate on a hero barely played professionally. whats even the point of aghs on him now?

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
holy poo poo the rubick buffs are amazing. I hope we see him in the mid lane more

Rubick
-----------
* Fade Bolt damage from 75/150/225/300 to 80/160/240/320
* Fade Bolt damage reduction per bounce from 4% to 8%

Level 10: +60 Gold/Min | +50 Damage
Level 15: +150 Health | +15 Intelligence
Level 20: +75 Cast Range | +8% Spell Amplification
Level 25: 20% Cooldown Reduction | +400 Telekinesis Land Distance

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
so is iron talon still worth building now or is it useless?

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
I would like to see a nerf on Naga and Alchemist movement speed so that they are easier to punish and their illusions can't cover over half the map

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

Feels like OG got outdrafted really hard here unless they can somehow stall to like 50 minutes

they really didn't expect the OD last pick. troll is basically useless due to that

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
what was treant doing there running under that tower

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
the amount of lock-down VP has against troll is disgusting

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
i love troll slaughtering everything :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
one of the big problems with bristle is the fact that you now have two ancient camps on each side stackable every minute. if icefrog could return the two-minute timer to just ancient camps he wouldn't be such a ridiculous hero

• Locked thread