Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kainser posted:

I don't really care since we got Black^

He's bad though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

how me a frog posted:

Where are you getting three? I'm counting five. That's 5 x 3 x ~45 / 60 = 11.25 hours, assuming all series go to three series and assuming average game length is 45 minutes, but at the same time this is ignoring possible delays and technical difficulites as well as assuming one game starts as soon as the last ends, no time for drafting either. One thing that is certain is that they cannot delay the actual tournament because whoops we didn't get done with the wildcard games.

The first two bo3 are concurrent. There are two games going on right now.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

how me a frog posted:

Dude are you for real, the entire post was about WHY they are concurrent.

Please don't expect me to actually read the posts in the pro dota 2 thread before replying to them

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

emdash posted:

goons are insanely salty about rtz so you probably won't find any people who want to give him a break here

Watching him fail while ping ponging between Secret and EG is pretty fun though.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Why would they continue going for rosh after that

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Craptacular! posted:

Was Wings just too wacky this game? You have to wonder if they picked that Magnus with confidence or with, uh, over-confidence.

For Wings confidence and over-confidence are the same thing

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

That was some lockdown

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Libertine posted:

Out of curiosity, are there any favorites in this year's tournament or is it a pretty wide open field? I recognize a lot of the names/teams from last year but I don't have any idea about the relative merit of these teams presently.

OG/Liquid/Newbee/Wings

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

scuz posted:

Has there ever been an accurate prediction for the winner/top finishers of TI?

Also Fear is still good at dotos, cuz of course he is :corsair:

Alliance.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Wait, TNC beat Wings 2-0?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

botany posted:

lmao i went to bed yesterday here in euroland, i wake up and somehow secret lost everything. any games (secret or otherwise) i need to watch?

Watch all Secret's games.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Quincy Smallvoice posted:

are wings like the most inconsistent team on the planet or what lol

yes

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

botany posted:

he was no worse when he was a pubstar. he's been highly regarded for years and has influenced builds and playstyles for a long time.

You'd think he would have gotten on a non-garbage team before OG then.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotaVods/comments/4vzj8x/the_international_2016_group_stage/

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

drunken officeparty posted:

it seems silly to have the games run during business hours on weekdays and completely skip the weekends. it wouldnt all fit in 2 days whatever but this is the entertainment industry at least play something on saturday sunday

They are just playing to their core demographic of sad unemployed nerds who live in their mother's basement.

For real it's pretty stupid though.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Elyv posted:

I agree that it's stupid to not play anything this weekend but I don't think the exact time they play matters that much since they're broadcasting to a global audience (and actually, I'd bet that they would get more viewers from China/SEA or Europe than the US, anyway)

The games are going from like 7 pm to 7 am in Europe. These are not good times for us.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Taffer posted:

Timezones obviously cannot please the whole world, but it is very WTF that the entire event, group stage + main event, is all during weekdays. You'd really think that at least the last two days of the main event would be saturday/sunday, but nope. I really wanted to be able to watch it but i might not be able to. Along with probably hundreds of thousands of other people.

I'm pretty sure the final is on saturday.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

TheRat posted:

Upper bracket TI6 mate

"lucky B-tier" then

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Elyv posted:

Liquid is HQed in the Netherlands

The ultimate betrayal

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The REAL Goobusters posted:

so who thinks is gonna disband after this tournament? I think liquid will if they don't get top 8.

Secret (again)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

attackmole posted:

nerds will never learn that being shrill and annoying and loud =/= automatic humour and excitement

Unfortunately for a large part of the viewership being annoying and loud IS automatic humour and excitement

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Secret owns because trainwrecks are really entertaining to watch

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Meat Recital posted:

He played League and Heroes of Newerth competitively for a while too. Dude loves gaming.

Is he going to play a good game at some point?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Objective gaming isn't bad.

It's boring

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Four out of five players on DC are European but who cares about that poo poo anyway. The nationalism is pretty dumb when most of the teams are just a hodgepodge of people from different countries.

Just root for the players/teams you like.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Aug 10, 2016

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Drunk Canuck posted:

I don't see Miracles mom sitting behind the casting desk. :patriot:

She disowned her son after the shameful performance against Jimmy

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Zurreco posted:

What are the games today?

http://www.liquiddota.com/calendar/

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

TheRat posted:

Someone tell him to play path of exile, an actual good game!

Are you one of those weird people who doesn't think Diablo 3 is good?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Xtanstic posted:

Like everyone who jumped on the hype train during launch?

Who cares about the launch? It isn't 2012 anymore, it's a totally different game now.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

How can Wings not be your #1 team this year?

There's no Jimmy in Wings

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

No Safe Word posted:

Twitch is only a handful of the streams though. The Chinese streams are elsewhere. Last year's grand finals had almost ~5M people watching streams.

Dota 2 also has a sizeable number of people watching in client.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Frijolero posted:

DC already 2-0'd Fnatic in the group stage. And MVP is hyped garbage imho

Liquid also 2-0'd Fnatic in the group stage.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Voted Worst Mom posted:

I really dislike mvp's draft

I don't like it either so MVP is probably going to stomp fnatic.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

mikeraskol posted:

Two NA teams in the top 4 mother fuckers.

75% of the top 4 are NA/SEA. Swindlez was right.

DC doesn't count

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Looks like secret to MVP winning fights is whiffing the chrono

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kainser posted:

Hope you are looking forward to OG.Arteezy in a month

Please don't even joke about that

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Radical posted:

i cant believe fnatic actually brought it together after a whole year of loving up

Yeah it's pretty nice to see them playing well after being underwhelming for so long

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Love Stole the Day posted:

Everyone is strongly for the protection of personal privacy and common decency until a celebrity gets exposed by hackers or paparazzi. I strongly doubt the person leaking this is one of the participants of that alleged conversation.

edit-- if i'm wrong nvm but in that case they're 99% cherry picking poo poo that only makes the other guy look bad

Counterpoint: it's funny.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sab669 posted:

Where will I be able to watch a rebroadcast of today's games? I'm unable to watch them live :(

Any time, either on youtube or using twitch vods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

Slacks is going to be on a TI winning team before RTZ

It's not like that's particularly difficult since RTZ is never winning TI

• Locked thread