Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TI4 favorites were definitely EG + DK. There's a reason there's a loving comic depicting their grand final match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Radical posted:

ti2 is actually hilarious to look back on because ixmike complexity and demon EG were both near the top of their groups and got blown the gently caress out by china immediately in the main stage games.

EG shoulda won their series against iG but EG demon.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ambivalent posted:

reminder that synderen has come in last place at like 4 out of 5 TIs

hes like crash davis

the only one he didn't get last place in was the one he wasn't at.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Luna Was Here posted:

wasnt heatran one of those really loving stupid and convoluted process ones from diamond/pearl?

also friendly reminder that if your two pour to get the immortals of your dreams im giving away a bunch here

Sorta. You had to complete your sinnoh dex to get access to the new map and then you basically just walk into the mountain after talking to a guy.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Luna Was Here posted:

i remember having a hard time trying to get the trash butterfly thing because you had to get a female version of a burmy (?) and then you had to evolve it but burmy's only appeared on trees you put honey on and they had like a 95% chance of being male and I got tired of save scumming a tree after an hour and then I walked like 5 minutes away because there was some other place I wanted to check and I hit a trainer I had never battled before and low and behold first pokemon that pops out loving trash butterfly

i spent way to much time in Pearl

You're probably thinking of Combee. Burmy was real easy to get and turn into a Wormadam.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Michaellaneous posted:

is there a scrubstream for scrubs like me or did they fire pflax?

not until the main event

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TheRat posted:

Group A is turning out to be pretty loving close

Group A will have all the americans at the top. (So will Group B)

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

El Golden Goose posted:

Hahahah EG are actually bad apparently

top of their group currently facing 2nd in group

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

drunken officeparty posted:

lmfabo why did he have two dragon lances why did he even have one does it even do anything on meepo

the str and agi on a character that wants the str and agi.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

drunken officeparty posted:

I'm surpised that this lady caster who's name I can't remember right now on stream 3 was invited to cast TI. I've only ever seen her do like tier 8 na casts at 3am with 100 viewers

why her over Llama

cus llama sucks and annee is actually listenable

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Questionable PPY drafts and standard EE baffling plays.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TheRat posted:

Upper bracket TI6 mate

1 game away from having to tie break with Jimmy Demon Ho

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

NmareBfly posted:

As a representative of people with stupid eyes, I always wonder why the broadcasting default isn't color blind mode. It's like 8% of people or so and that's a pretty significant chunk of viewers -- teamfights are hard enough to parse already. Yeah I can watch in client but then I don't get to see the production values or player cams or anything. Seems like a pretty easy toggle to increase appeal at the click of one button.

It was turned on but people cried and whined about it.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Alighieri posted:

wait, there is a guy named iceice and also OG iceiceice?

ice iceice iceiceice icy winter

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Remember that escape game? Lol that was a depressing way to go

Synd keeps up his tradition of last place at every TI he's gone to as a player.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Luna Was Here posted:

wait i just saw the ar stage stuff with the heroes and poo poo, are people in the stadium seeing that or is that a broadcast only thing that they were seeing on the bigscreens?

just big screens + broadcast. not as cool as first assumed but cool nonetheless

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Skuto posted:

That just stops the combo from being too cheesy.

But if you already have a Drow in the lineup (which is common now), the question is why Visage isn't picked more as a support. You do get the extra free damage bursts from the Drow.

cus visage is bad. 0 armor 0 magic resist hero thats only "good" when drow aura is up.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Is League of Legends more popular than Dota?

probably but they're losing players to overwatch + their bad matchmaking among other things.

e: For reference 45% of people were playing LoL at PC Bangs. Its down to 25% with Overwatch at 35%.

Kild fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Aug 11, 2016

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Zurreco posted:

Yeah, I caught whatever was going around the arena and I'm feeling like poo poo. Still gonna make it to the last two days so I can die knowing EG got the repeat.

Thanks for being sanitary, prodota fans!

lan flu

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Asiina posted:

I don't get it, what's the wooing?

Are people just yelling WOO! and people are mad about it?

Have these people never been to a sporting event? poo poo gets loud.

Imagine people howling like a monkey and doing it during the whole game even when poo poo isn't happening.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ramagamma posted:

Hahaha, I love that the chinese players were all impressed by the fountain hooks despite being the victim, ppd and notail think its just part of dota's makeup, dendis just laughing his head off about it, puppys all 'whatever:' and loving Loda is losing his mind, gently caress Loda

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3nI5FOKdjM

He loving tried and failed to do it 2 months before TI3 against a T3 team.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

NmareBfly posted:

I mean it's not the end of the world but I've been to more than a few Live Real Sporting Events and I can't say this is normal: https://clips.twitch.tv/dota2ti/ComfortableShrewShadyLulu

quoting for new page

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Reminder that Wings was going to get bought out by Tempostorm (Reynad)

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

nice hotlink

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

they should just do both jugg and wisp arcana

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Taffer posted:

I missed the racist signs people are talking about, what did they say?

"Make America Great again, Build a Firewall"

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

w33 played like complete garbage in game 2-4

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

not riot but the company that bought out alliance/elements

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Love Stole the Day posted:

Yeah when Zoolooman stopped modding that's when this community became insufferable and I started contributing elsewhere. I think it's just a correlation, though.

you abandon everything tho

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Secret is always going to have puppey on it.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Radical posted:

hows he gonna have time to play dota when hes president of estonia?

he'll just divert all decision to putin

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Unfunny Poster posted:

Will there be another Nahaz freakout? There needs to be for it to count.

he's not there

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

http://www.dota2.com/darkpurpose/

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Nanomashoes posted:

If EE joins EG after DC break up then im gonna go back to another 6 months of not caring about pro dota.
Don't do this to me peter, clinton.

https://twitter.com/FearDotA/status/766978704496955393

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Radical posted:

every blizzard game has a "comp scene" before the game even comes out of closed beta because everyone is expecting the next league of legends but blizzard has never really been able to hit it big in esports without korean support

well korea loves overwatch rn

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

Why do people think Pit Lord is an offlaner

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

There's zero indication as to whether or not that is solo offlane or a duo kill lane so its meaningless.

I really doubt Pit Lord is succeeding as a solo offlaner with skills that push the lane out. I guess he could firestorm the pull camp though.

"why do people think he's an offlaner" *shows highest winrate in offlane* ya well that don't matter cus he could have people in his lane I now add the qualifier solo. *is internet kraken*

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

gangnam reference posted:

Chinese American teams flying in players lol.....

will patsoul finally win something??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

gangnam reference posted:

everyone's just jealous of peters gamer girlfriend!!'

the one he cheated on or the one he cheated w/?

• Locked thread