Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Radical
Apr 6, 2011

wheres the mozart picture???

edit: i played vainglory on the bus this morning, ironically at first, but its probably the best MOBA ever made in that the match lasted 10 minutes and i could buy items

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

nahaz is gonna sub in for swindlemelonzz and col will easily win the wild card

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i guess there wont be as many immortal 3s in circulation as the others huh? i almost have whatever level you get the permanent terrain at (125?) and i had 1 immortal 3

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

last time we talked about the mysterious female hoodie i looked at the size chart and it was the same as the men's clothing in the chest at least

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i dusted them and got more loving synderens

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i was really hoping to get a golden jimmy ho

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

yeah OG are a pretty safe bet which is why im expecting them to go out 7-8th to TNC

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

its almost as if these tournaments have multiple teams with similar group stage performances that didn't have to play each other to establish a clear top team early on so depending on which side of the argument you favor you can cherry pick teams that were a favorite and won or a favorite and lost

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

"favorite" means youre not darer is what im gathering here

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

ti2 is actually hilarious to look back on because ixmike complexity and demon EG were both near the top of their groups and got blown the gently caress out by china immediately in the main stage games.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

TheRat posted:

I wasnt here at the time, but this sounds really strange to me. Chinese dota was super-strong in both 2010 (dota 1) and 2011 (dota 2, ti1) was it not? I'll openly admit that my only knowledge of that period is from legends of EHOME and TI1 videos on youtube.

yeah, ti1 was a bit of an outlier at that point because none of the chinese teams had as long to practice in it. this probably sounds like a massive excuse but i remember watching a dota1 tournament shortly after ti1 with a bunch of chinese teams and basically not a single meta pick was in dota2 at that point (chaos knight, bounty hunter, brewmaster, shadow demon, etc.) if you go back and watch ehome vs navi pretty much everyone on ehome looks loving lost for a good reason, they were picking poo poo like safe lane doom bc they had no idea what the meta looked like and just got that far because most of the western teams were godawful full stop.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i still think its pretty funny that LGD won 19 games in a row at ti2 and then tilted right out of the tournament

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i stand with jimmy.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

im not sure if the axe counts as a pocket pick since its puppey's most played hero this patch in comp

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

things to know:

☑ Navi back
☐ Alliance back

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

only the fiercest of competitors can survive the canada cup

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

:smuggo:

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

nahaz isnt even the most insufferable canadian economics professor ive ever met

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

my fantasy team for the wildcards is 5 ehome members and i dont have any other cards for any other teams so if they suck it up im gonna be real upset

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

id take slacks over charlie i think

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

pflax still posts on SA so i would place him above Larry David, but thats just me

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i didnt realize petite korean woman was an option, can i change my vote

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

warlock sven pheonix is extremely my kind of draft

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

oh god ehome just wiped

my fantasy points...

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

botany posted:

doesnt matter in a bo3 the two best games for the heroes you're running get counted. they just have to play well next two games.

i was kinda just hoping ehome would stomp them

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

looks like gogey was right about china

maybe hes always been right

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

how me a frog posted:

is there a channel on synirc or something for ti? I do like a bit of chat for this kind of thing, but not necessarily twitch chat... for reasons

those boys over at #dota love talking about dota, just ask for my man Shawn Wilkes Booth and tell him old Radical sent ya

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

*nods sagely*

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

EorayMel posted:

naga pickers ehome :barf:

they're gonna farm some fantasy points for me and i think thats pretty cool and good.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

statistically when your mid gets solo killed its very hard to win

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Power of Pecota posted:

I haven't paid any attention to dota since the qualifiers, why is Ogre Magi being picked now? I assumed it was just a Synderen thing.

cool new arcana

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

dang did i really miss COL getting 2-0'd by SEA dota during my commute home

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

lol, yeah i just saw they got to pick the meepo too after ehome had banned it. tbh after the esc/col shitshow i thought exc might have a chance but two 20 minute games wasn't what i was expecting.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

*gogey voice* Antimage.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

ehome are already home, when u think about it

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

lol

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

hes been doing pretty well so far

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

man gently caress escape, i want the dota dad and the meepo kid to win

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

all i ever wanted was a Gold Jimmy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

yeah i looked at the games being played today and there was a bunch and my eyes instantly rolled back into my head and i just put the only gold card i had in (fnatic better not suck) and a bunch of cool dudes i had silver cards for like dendi and notail

• Locked thread