Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Groovelord Neato posted:

remember the very first game of pro dota. they should've been disqualified for playing like that at 5 loving am.

i wish tournaments including ti switched to proper brackets. no winners and losers you just get seeded based on record in that opening round and go from there like real sports do.

nerds can't handle tournaments that aren't double elimination brackets for some reason. it's the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
reverse captains mode would be a lot of fun to see in this patch now that a lot of heroes are out of garbage tier

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
baffling.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
good job salvaging the panel there, Ted. way to step up :)

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
will arteezy actually stay on this EG roster or will he jump ship again? I hope he stays because EG sucks and they deserve each other.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
this crowd owns

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
what happened to the other 698 dotas hohohoho

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

EorayMel posted:

And why do you think that is, JPJ? Surely it's all on their end!

Anyway, let's take bets on the new hero that will be the new timbersaw/sd/od? In no particular order, I will say:

Kunkka (maybe the 3 years of steady buffs or however long it's been will finally make it so in the pro scene)
Chaos knight (much of the same + hilarious oddball aghs upgrade because its icefrog)
Crystal Maiden (new item that makes her too good + meta shift)

maybe you missed the kunkka phase we had but he already got needed m8

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Xtanstic posted:

Does this mean wards no longer take item slots or is that probably just courier items?

that's whatever the gently caress the "backpack" is

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
I'm not gonna poo poo my pants about the talent tree stuff but most of them aren't even interesting, or worse, they're garbage compared to the other choice.

+8 to all stats who gives a gently caress smh

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I hope the suggested picks thing will be like Overwatch and prevent the 3 HC and a Jungler thing that has completely overrun the mmr dregs since I've started playing again. But probably not because I actually think a good portion of pubs only know how to play like 5-10 heroes.

In 7.00 if you have an Sniper Luna PA team the game should just close your client if you try to pick Jungle LC.

the jungle changes mean jungle LC is dead, right? please god say yes

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
one of the bug fix patches last night dropped my fps to single digits and I couldn't fix it even after disabling all of the Graphics™ does anyone know if it's fixed

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
I haven't lost a single game since the patch dropped. granted I've played like 5 but IMO it's a good patch

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Geight posted:

I still occasionally get a hitch while playing Dota2 that isn't present in any other game that I play, but that was present long before 7.00 and seems less frequent since the patch if anything. Whenever that's not happening though I have fantastic performance with everything maxed cause I spent too much money on a PC.

Yesterday all three of my games were against a Monkey King and my pals kind of suicided into his lane repeatedly while I did my own thing on the midline, is that hero actually super OP or am I just getting a distorted view since I can never fight one without at least a 5-kill gold/xp lead on me?

MK's laning phase is very very strong and you must respect it or you will die to him a lot

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
please shut up before you get this thread gassed, too.

mods ban blackbabygoku from this thread pleaae

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
necro's not any worse than he was before but he fits a fun new niche of dumpstering physical carries who think they can jump on him. he's kind of a different flavour of pugna now, but lacks the strong tower damage that hero brings. I imagine you'd pick him in a scenario where you want to really win a lane and the enemy have a scary core. he also brings a lot of sustain to pushes and team fights.

Martian Manfucker fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Dec 21, 2016

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
uh draskyl plays good music on his streams......

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
please don't laugh at me, I'm not that old....

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
when is the next dota tournament worth watching going to happen

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Fat_Cow posted:

So did I already miss the drama about the team manager with the admin APK?

it's just more boring ruru drama

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
it's more about the CD reduction combined with the +2s chains talent than lovely flameguard damage.

you build dagon and spam remnants and chains all over the enemy team until they abandon

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
please come back birdgang

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

RisqueBarber posted:

Lone druids talents are loving broken right now. +200 range at level 10, -50 seconds respawn at 20, and -10s savage road cooldown at 25. With talents like that, why put anything besides boots and oov on the bear?

the power jump at 15 with +65 damage is the big one IMO

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
BRAP-BRAP-BRAP-BRAP-BRAP-BRAP-BRAP-BRAPO

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
the only bad thing about wings winning TI is that they're auto-invited to everything and I can't watch more games of them in qualifiers

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
glad NiP got a regional invite.

not sure about newbee on the direct invite list but they're such a forgettable team it's possible I missed them being good at some point

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
SEA lobby chat is the best, it's like an abbot and costello routine

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
god stop picking Lina mid, China. I've been watching DPL and it never loving works. ever. just stop.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
eg are so bad and it makes me so happy that all you have to do is not ban or pick alchemist and they will own themselves with it every game

go home eg you suck

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

lol

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
what an odd way to open a video games tournament

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

botany posted:

gonna be honest, not super psyched about the phone number thing

yeah, guess I'm done with ranked

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

i don't wanna give my phone number to the dota 2 team, mostly

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
lol arteezy gonked himself. iceiceice is the best.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
where are vods being posted that aren't twitch replays

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
o segredo está fora

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

I wonder who's gonna keep playing. faith_bian, and shadow would both do well on another team, I think.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
I'm not reading all that and I don't care

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
wow siltbreaker is really not fun. like at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
lmao eg you idiots

"we can totally beat wisp, let's let them have it."

17 mins later

"hmm......."

• Locked thread