Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
good job on the OP majuju

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Radical posted:

nahaz is gonna sub in for swindlemelonzz and col will easily win the wild card

he cant be much worse

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
i loving need that bane immortal

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

botany posted:

i loving need that bane immortal

update: spent money, have bane immortal. gonna play some bane now to celebrate

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
im all in on wings lets loving do this :getin:

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
yeah im expecting OG to take it but im rooting for wings IN MY HEARTU~

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
i thought the main complaint with ratting was alwas thta it was super unfun to play against, not that it was boring to watch. i love watching good splitpush games!

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Arzachel posted:

Bring back support mids

EG did lm ao

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Majuju posted:

going back through old threads, can't believe there was a point when I thought death prophet was more fun to watch than invoker smdh

oh yeah cool invoker ResidentSleeper

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Zurreco posted:

Predictions for finals standings:

1. OG
2. WINGS
3. EG
n+1: Secret
n: Jimmy

pretty sure you're overrating complexity there

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Zurreco posted:

coL went further than Secret last year and that was before EE was able to throw games for Puppey.

4 position Axe is the pocket strat that Secret is relying on and teams will have it figured out. coL have no strats aside from Wisp Tiny so there is no good counter

CoL's best recent result was a 4th place in the prestigious "dota 2 canada cup", where they fell to such luminaries as Void Boys and FDL. Last place in Starladder, next-to-last place in ESL One Frankfurt, next-to-last place in the Manila Major. they are very obviously poo poo right now and might well not make it out of the wild card stage.

edit also lmao at the "4th position axe pocket strat" that secret are relying on. as in, they played it exactly once in starladder while they were cruising through the upper bracket, only to pull it out twice against navi when they were losing to them.

botany fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Jul 30, 2016

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Looke posted:

Secret as we know it will disband, with Puppey looking for 5 new dota players with attitude to take up the mantle

loving finally ixmike's time in the spotlight has come!!

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

TheRat posted:

And he doesnt like unions so he can gently caress off

wait really? i take back everything positive ive ever said about nahaz

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Majuju posted:

it's not that he dislikes unions necessarily, it's that he's an insufferable pedant

https://twitter.com/NahazDota/status/703200517984555008

okay thats actually completely harmless, phew

edit: of course how you get "he doesnt like unions" from that is beyond me but goons will be goons

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Defiant Sally posted:

Ehome are winning the wildcard right?

ye

TheRat posted:

I only saw this.

yeah thats not helping you lol

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Bardeh posted:

How does Nahaz have so much time to stink up DOTA streams if he's a professor. Isn't that the kind of job where you're busy a lot with grading and planning and lecturing?

depends on the specifics of his contract really

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Schnorkles posted:

what I'm getting from this is that someone should give nahaz a swirlie and probably take his lunch money

im sure he'll give you his lunch money when you serve him food in the fast food restaurant you're forced to work at because of your disgusting anti-intellectual attitude :boom:

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Internet Kraken posted:

Did Techies ever get buffed after that patch that completely gutted them?

no theyre still poo poo

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Majuju posted:

2GD's arena shooter is up on Kickstarter.

not dota related, reported and unfollowed

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
yeah is there any info yet regarding times? i want to know how late i need to stay up in euroland :suicide:

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
lmao the client just crashes now whenever i click on the bracket tab in the compendium, good job valve

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
so EHOME - execration should be a 2:0, right? ESC - CoL will hopefully end 2:1, but more likely 1:2 if CoL decide to actually show up for once.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Radical posted:

my fantasy team for the wildcards is 5 ehome members and i dont have any other cards for any other teams so if they suck it up im gonna be real upset

im running a silver qojqva cause the card is good and i was considering running yapzor too. bot other than that im all in on ehome

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
goddammit pflax stop breaking things :mad: can't let goons anywhere

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

how me a frog posted:

I really think much of the slacks hate is due to the fact that sunsfan is such a cretin. On his own slacks is just a goofy dude who is astoundingly comfortable on camera and clearly and openly engaging with whoever he's talking to, I dunno what more you could want other than him being an attractive petite korean woman, but that's just me. v:shobon:v

yeah whats happening here

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
EHOME warlock :getin:

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
execration winning despite their slardar trying his best to lose

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Radical posted:

oh god ehome just wiped

my fantasy points...

doesnt matter in a bo3 the two best games for the heroes you're running get counted. they just have to play well next two games.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Radical posted:

i was kinda just hoping ehome would stomp them

me too. here's hoping they wake the gently caress up in games 2 and 3

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
EHOME - execration game 2 so far is just a match of who can wipe the hardest while pushing too far.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
Get hosed complexity :q:

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

IcePhoenix posted:

After CoL loses to Excecration I hope Swindlezz replaces Charlie on the panels.

i hope he goes home and is never seen or heard from again

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

hey now, they hired nahaz after their performance at manila, they were poo poo before

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Power of Pecota posted:

I haven't paid any attention to dota since the qualifiers, why is Ogre Magi being picked now? I assumed it was just a Synderen thing.

it's a meta thing. strong roamers were / are super strong and ogre is good against that.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

extra stout posted:

They needed a father figure to help out Era when he gets a panic attack because he suddenly gets hit with the knowledge that the universe has no center and no edges, reality is arbitrary, and swindlemelonz is his team mate in a 20 million dollar tournament

lol

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
man morph is a dirty hero

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
:stare:

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax