Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Captain No-mates posted:

I'm pretty sure they can just walk it in after CoL hired Nahaz and Execration are having visa issues.

Daryl disagrees...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Captain No-mates posted:

2 teams make it to the main stage so I was taking EHOME as a given.

Whoops I forgot they changed that, as you can see Valve has really made everything clear to viewers.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

attackmole posted:

Can DeMoN actually play the 5? I remember seeing him try to carry on some poo poo tier NA teams a year ago and he just did dumb poo poo and fed mostly.

http://www.redbull.com/en/esports/stories/1331807294842/ti6-demons-incredible-wildcard-journey
he says that basically they made him captain and in game leader and that's what lead to their success

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Zurreco posted:

I'd be happy if Valve could divert like 5 grand towards figuring out how to get anything running smoothly and on time. I'm still waiting for the secret shop preorder system to activate even though it was supposed to have gone online 37 hours ago.

TI is just a massive undertaking. People on reddit are all "wtf why don't they hire tournament people" well they're got Wykrhym and Bruno and still do everything late as hell

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

xcore posted:

Can't believe servers are still running like a pile of dogshit and groups haven't been announced when we are 48 hours away from a $20m+ tournament.

Is this your first Valve experience?

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Escape doing what they need to do to turn a 20 minute loss into a 50 minute naga loss.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

wow that's like the first time I've ever seen Miracle make a bad play

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Wings's supports are playing out of their minds, too bad their 2 and 3 positions (doom and void) have been Real Bad

schmitty9800 fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Aug 4, 2016

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr posted:

Miracle is absolutely refusing to mana void the faceless void even when it would get him a kill, its costing OG these fights

He's probably trying to save for the morph but iceice is playing like a wizard

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

top feeders wtf

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

The Glumslinger posted:

So I really don't watch much dota, but there seem to be a lot more early team fights than in previous years? Is that the direction of the current meta, or am I just happening to find aggressive games?

Depends what you compare it to. TI5 had a lot of aggression. TI4 had a fairly low level. As the tourney goes on teams start figuring out how to stay safer from the aggression that teams run.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Either EG wins or TNC wins a 70+ minute naga game. There's no other way.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

emdash posted:

sub-100 gpm on BH and KOTL for TNC

e: kotl has like 101gpm now

supporting Naga or Tinker is the worst thing ever

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Maybe's buying a Maelstrom for himself to clear creeps....instead of giving an agha to tide.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Agressif - what the hell were you guys doing

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Bad Moon posted:

I'm happy Shane is his standard emotive sense. The analyst couch is sometimes a bunch of stiffs.

Maelk has plenty of emotions. Smug, annoyed, um....

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

drunken officeparty posted:

I'm surpised that this lady caster who's name I can't remember right now on stream 3 was invited to cast TI. I've only ever seen her do like tier 8 na casts at 3am with 100 viewers

why her over Llama

who

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

I think this was a good time to bust out CK

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Firebatgyro posted:

He got stuck with CK what do you expect him to do?
code:
        CK sux???
            /

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

BioThermo posted:

Where can one find the stats for picked/not picked heroes and win rates at the international, these days?

http://www.dotabuff.com/esports/leagues/4664/picks

e: actually I think that includes the qualifiers. you'd want http://www.dotabuff.com/esports/leagues/4664/picks?date=week

VVV EFB :mad:

schmitty9800 fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Aug 5, 2016

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

I hope kotlguy gets put with someone not terrible tomorrow

Waga is one of the few casters who will be able to tell you stuff you can't figure out on your own.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

:smith: artour....

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

:smith: :smith: chrono comes off CD just in time for another bad one

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

uhg i cant believe im starting to...gasp...like digital ctrash, a team forever tainted with the memory of Yawar

Only registered members can see post attachments!

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Internet Kraken posted:

I saw her win plenty of games. EE didn't even play bad on her, in fact I'd say he was doing more work than most of his team. They just ended up playing terribly sloppily. RTZ was definitely on full tilt, his chronos were complete garbage in the later half of the game.

He played well but his item build was kind of weird, most people have been doing eblade into dagon and he went shivas butterfly for some reason.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Majuju posted:

56% right now

e: batrider the real trap, most-picked but 45% winrate

meanwhile elder titan 77% winrate in 22 picks

Where are your numbers from because http://www.dotabuff.com/esports/leagues/4664/picks?date=week has those close but a little off

UNPICKED: Arc Warden, Bloodseeker, Centuar, Gyro, Jakiro, Leshrac, Lina, OD, Omni (banned once), Necrophos (banned once), Sniper, Spectre, Techies, Treant, Visage

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Majuju posted:

Ahh, I was using this one http://www.dotabuff.com/esports/events/124/heroes which may be where the discrepancy lies.

Yeah I think the link I had includes the wildcards, as whichever heroes Swindlez mashed his greasy face over might not be relevant to the tournament meta.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Stallion Cabana posted:

So I am an incredibly non-serious DoTA viewer (not even player, really), who is only really watching Stream 1 rather then jumping around to find the best games, but as I'm watching this Wings/Navi thing I'm starting to wonder why Huskar wasn't banned here or whatever. From what the casters have said both this tournament and the last one I remember, Huskar is still really good, and I haven't seen a team with him lose yet; though I may have missed it.

I know what he does and I get that he's strong, but what are appropriate counters for him, or, failing that, why would people leave him up at all to let him be taken when the end result always seems to be him destroying everything.

Huskar has a 46% winrate so far in the groups; check out the games with Huskar here http://www.dotabuff.com/esports/events/124/matches?hero=huskar

He's a classic snowball hero; if you're ahead of the other team, the magic resistance, stacking burning spear damage, and his closing ability end up being too much for an under leveled team. If you're behind, then the other team starts being able to deal with his damage over time (mek, pipe) and Physical damage (his counter) becomes stronger as the opposing carries get items.

Didn't see Wings Navi but looking at the dotabuff there were a lot of early kills for Navi that enabled the snowball...Wings probably didn't realize that their lanes needed to be stronger before they last picked that Alche (who is a really bad laner vs. Huskar). Lifestealer is really good vs. Huskar (another reason Wings thought they were probably covered vs. a Huskar pick) but when you give up a bunch of kills before the 5 minute mark he's going to be playing from behind.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

DC Ehome was like 17-15 at 20 minutes when I turned it on, it's now 17-16 at 29 minutes. Luna and Alche farm fest.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Upper bracket is all but out for Secret, but I'd much rather play Na`Vi or LGD than TnC.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

scuz posted:

anyone have the cliff notes of Lord Gaben's intro speech? missed the whole thing :(

Half Life 3 will be out tomorrow.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

how meme tastic

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

and the stream dies gg

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Internet Kraken posted:

I wonder if Valve actively forbids smiling in these player splash screens

Before they take the pic they remind everyone that they're still waiting on WCA money.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

lamentable dustman posted:

I love team low-rent hontrash but lets go MVP

you mean Miracle +4 hontrash

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

its pretty shameful how little improvements have gone into the in-client stuff since Reborn came out, i want the mockups they showed on the reborn launch page

no but they have this cool VR thing and VR man

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

all right gently caress the stream i'm going in game

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

ArchangeI posted:

I haven't followed pro Dota since the last TI, I thought MVPP had to break up because of national service in Korea or something? Are they still the same?

March had to go military, and they consolidated their 2 squads into one.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

M god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Man, Fly and crit know exactly what the BH is doing at any given moment.

• Locked thread