Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I'm always in the Pro League thread and I don't know poo poo about Dota 2 but this will be my third or fourth year in a row watching this tournament because it's always insane. Can't wait for it to start. Are there any pre-qualifiers or are the wild card type rounds all starting in the second week of August too. Or did that already happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Holy poo poo this Meepo is just going fuckin hard

e: (This kid is 15?!?)

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

This is probably the first of many dumb questions I'll ask as someone who doesn't play DOTA 2: Is this a new map skin and/or are there many map skins? It looks really nice.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Majuju posted:

this is a new skin that you can only get from buying a compendium and raising it to level 125. there are a few different map weathers and terrains but Immortal Gardens is the most dramatic change of them all.

Really cool stuff. Are they going to keep toggling boards to different ones in all the games?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

El Golden Goose posted:

oh my god why did i read the chat during the AnneDroid interview

Don't ever lock eyes with Twitch chat. It's a beguiling devil.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

The OG/LGD announcers are like permanently yelling directly into their microphones. Really abrasive sound quality.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Meat Recital posted:

Screw Navi/EG. Best Team Wings is going to clown all over TNC in a few minutes.

Out of curiosity, are there any favorites in this year's tournament or is it a pretty wide open field? I recognize a lot of the names/teams from last year but I don't have any idea about the relative merit of these teams presently.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Enjoy some pomp guys come on.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Wasn't the first match supposed to start 15 minutes ago? Or is this just standard pre-game competition nonsense?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Elyv posted:

:tviv: what an ending

This game was insane. Just insane. Such a wonderful match.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

eeS. posted:

HOLY poo poo ITS ON

This is going to be awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

DC looks so good. Wonder if Wings can recover.

• Locked thread