Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
The wildcard group might still be cancelled right? Or is vgr gonna play 4v5 lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Majuju posted:

vgr's not in the wildcard

If a main team drops out there's an extra slot, cmon man this isn't hard.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Red Red Blue posted:

They have a sub, they're not dropping out

Oh ok i thought nono didn't have his visa either for some reason.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Red Red Blue posted:

Even if VGR did drop out there would be 4 wildcard teams and 3 spots to fill, you'd still play those games

Excretion or tnc might not make it at all. Forget which.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

rip synderen

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Luna Was Here posted:

the last three years hasnt it been like impossible for a team to not make it to main stage

whoa really? sign me up then

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Nahaz is out and synderen is in, things are good.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
You could even say things are also cool.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Angrymantium posted:

How does the format here work? Any team that loses the firs Bo3's is out? I mean EG was going to exit at a low place anyway but having to go up against one of the favorites to win TI blows

drat bro how do u manage to even put on pants in the morning lol

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Lol so vgr lost their best player to visa and is now forced to play with nono, who wasn't supposed to play due to "family issues" (i.e. getting benched for being poo poo).

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
It's gonna be funny whether Navi or liquid is eliminated because Navi has tons of fans and liquid was for many a favorite to win it all (since they got second at Manila)

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Radical posted:

i remember pupper before he met envy, he was good then

Envy won a major.

I feel like people keep forgetting this cuz it does feel like a fever dream but it actually happened.

Rtz is the real team killer.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
can't the eyecripples just watch in game with whatever settings they want? colorblind mode is hideous in every game

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Lmao yes glad to see some "whities go home" dotes so early in the bracket, gonna have to catch up mvp vs og but the wings games were great

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Kainser posted:

Really sucks that Yang couldn't make it there, he's arguably the best offlaner in China and the best player on VGR.

They're gonna lose to jimmy ho and everyone on the teams gonna kill themselves over the us immigration department screwing them out of a China escaping sized paycheck.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Um that's mostly because mvp and wings own. There's a reason why they were popular even before they were considered good.

The alliance/eg vs old China games are gonna look like this poo poo.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Yeah I got 5 bucks on secret blowing it!!

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Though i really want to see secret vs dc in an elimination match more than anything.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Voted Worst Mom posted:

I know, that's what I said. mvp and wings playing is going to be the most exciting and diverse for a while

Agreed, my post was more directed at this IDIOT who i should've quoted vvv

botany posted:

yeah the skill difference between upper bracket and this is very very obvious

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Syndstack is going to clownstomp fnatic, actually.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Pureauthor posted:

I hope Na'vi wins this match, mostly because Dendi deserves it.

Actually dendi is poo poo, and liquid is good, but it would be funny for Navi to knock out the Manila major runner ups

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
more importantly, what has only been picked by wings?

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Lmao

I watched until the second game when jimmy was down like 3-17 and thought og would just clean up and sweep game 3 but then some work came up.

Lmao, just lmao eu is so poo poo

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Also there probably would have been more Chinese slots if China didn't collectively poo poo the bed for three majors in a row right before ti.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Internet Kraken posted:

I mean the amount of stuff that can completely block it is pretty ridiculous.

He just needs one good one to win the game though!!

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
I feel good for dc and tnc and wings and mvp all making it so far, and I'm laughing hard at og, secret, and navi all eating poo poo.

This is actually the best ti ever.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Also, rip Canadians. Are there any left?

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Lmao eg gonna win this one easily again like lol if you don't think wings are gonna crumble under their pressure.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
what dota was truly missing: big rear end drums and furries

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

dicks assassin posted:

even the crowd is stunned

stupid idiot crowd doesn't know that now would actually be a good time to woo

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Pinterest Mom posted:

reminder:

the wings gaming

Yea they're gonna lose 1-3 to eg. It's like people don't remember watching ti5 lol.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
dc is picking scared, rip

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
drat so china owns and america is poo poo

but both regions can have a good long laugh at EU

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Zurreco posted:

Somebody on reddit is requesting a Slacks announcer pack and the vast majority of the thread is coming out saying how much they hate Slacks and his voice. Is this the first time that Valve sees that Slacks is only liked by a vocal minority?

can you please stop hating on a TI6 runner up?

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Wha.. both Charlie and slacks are cool irl..? Could it be, maybe, that this thread is just filled with a bunch of misanthropes?

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

Has he "trolled" any lineup other than that one?

This happens every time. Every player is "trolling" lineups on twitter except they're right 95% of the time.

Also no, w33's only mentioned that one lineup.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
EE is a great player and will land on a top team to the dismay of goons itt who will gnash they're teeth for a while and pro dota goes on like always.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
I think that model is total poo poo and only like dotas model tyvm

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
I haven't been following it closely but i just saw an overwatch tourney this weekend and it looked like they just used whatever timing system blizzard made so maybe you're full of poo poo??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
No i mean blizzard changed how comp matches are won/lost like a couple times already and i think the tourney this weekend just let the game decide who won so why would an external timer be needed anymore.

Your vid is from like a month ago.

I could be wrong though i was just playing it on a second monitor.

• Locked thread