Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

IncendiaC posted:

Is there a way to trade individual cards? I've got the entire OG roster twice over (including gold and silver Moonmeanders) but practically nothing else; do I just dust the dupes?

I'm told you can steam trade them, I've got a lot of silver duplicates if you want to swap post your steam name, also someone who is very smart and knows about digital video game trading cards should even make a thread about it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Toes posted:

Why is Nahaz a coach?

They needed a father figure to help out Era when he gets a panic attack because he suddenly gets hit with the knowledge that the universe has no center and no edges, reality is arbitrary, and swindlemelonz is his team mate in a 20 million dollar tournament

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

No Safe Word posted:

Era's on Escape dawg

I gotta admit it is very hard to make jokes about all of the teams I don't care about this year, but I fuckin love ehome

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

drunken officeparty posted:

pflax tell ld to post in this goddamn thread i know he reads it

I asked LD one time why he doesn't post on something awful anymore and he said "too many flamers and haters" so he definitely should be fired for his anti-gay and his anti-hate agenda.

And yeah Diabotical is going to own, and I hope someone manages to plug it at TI6 for the wronged and betrayed James '2GD' Harding, maybe even our local hero Pyrion Flax.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Craptacular! posted:

Uh, you may have forgotten, but they tried to pay people with residuals from signed hat cosmetics. And the community went nuts. Especially since Valve still keeps most of that money, too. (edit: iirc James was one of the few people who actually had a salary, everybody else was being paid with 25% virtual hat-bux until James spoke up that he felt like poo poo being a salaried man among slave laborers.)

Someday gamers will be convinced to drop PayPal and actual monetary currency with Steam Transactions where you give your friend :10bux: and he gets $2.50 and Valve gets $7.50. They'll all accept this willingly because Half-Life was a totally awesome game.

Valve is a great company and the fact that they fired 2GD from a tournament Gabe didn't even want to fly out to after he protested to help Valve hired workers to be treated like human beings, well those are all unrelated to each other. Also, despite paying 10 bucks for a compendium I for one am glad 90 percent of the good rewards cost a dozen additional donations, and I'm glad that the 'trading cards' still a week later cannot be traded because the player, team, and even rarity do not load in Steam's trading window.

Also a random fun fact: 420BootyWizard the guy who sat next to Dendi for the big fun match last year, made an AMA where he confirmed he nor the other players actually ever got their prize despite giving their Steam IDs to Valve employees. 7 bucks saved again by Valve, the most efficient company ever.

The one thing I'm not sarcastic about : Every time Alliance does something perfect in a game for a 20 million dollar tournament I feel really good and nostalgic and laugh at everyone who compares them to a fully dead team like Na'vi. That comeback over EG must be the best game of the pre-tournament.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

dicks assassin posted:

cool racists behind the panel

costumers who paid for the servers and programmers: "i want people to stop lying about which language they plan to speak before they click the language filter"

you: "racists!!! sexists!! islamophobes!!"

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

IcePhoenix posted:

Why do only people that make costumes matter, shouldn't we be thinking of everyone?

o lord i gotta get some sleep, free 2gd and stop making fun of pyrion flax

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
surprised the funniest version of this has not been posted yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ94-sUfjrk

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
even if ad finem win a game, this will be the outcome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlTukY9fV9Y

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Looke posted:

he's such a rapey oval office though

The pros have gotten a lot more handsome these days

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Craptacular! posted:

Guy in the middle looks like he saw The Outsiders last year and decided, "yeah, I look enough like Rob Lowe. I can pull it off."

"Soda Pop...what's it like to go to TI?"

"I dropped out in Kiev 'cause I'm dumb"

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Craptacular! posted:

Another year of encouraging you all to vote for Puck.

I don't know what it would look like, but it would probably involve rainbows!

Since the compendium is 16 minigames most involving gambling I haven't mastered arcana voting yet, is the goal for this week to make sure heroes no one likes win, so that they will lose to puck once it's puck week?

Also I am curious as poo poo about what "golden card packs" contain, just a guaranteed gold or what?

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

The REAL Goobusters posted:

SA's very own LD got 3 voice clips in there. Making us proud

LD personally told me he's never posting again because the forum has "too many LD haters"

And where's Pyrion? I'd like to trade both of our Dota celebrities for 1 cool younger James 2GD Harding please

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

a witch posted:

Get this: S4 is the best player of all time.

Another vote for this, he won a TI with Loda years past his prime and a guy who knew three heroes

He isn't as famous or as sociable and cheerful so he'll never be some kind of twitch chat icon but who cares about that poo poo

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Is this a false flag cringe moment to distract us from the reality of Purge being a paid Valve employee?

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

cerious posted:

Man this Aui tree is busted

Aui stomped on tree or got stomped? Link?

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

Siltbreaker is so terrible, everything does a gently caress-ton of damage and all my teammates only speak in spanish or loud static, how is lil' old Sven supposed to do well???

You don't have to worry about the campaign because the last patch tonight just disabled all treasures and quest npcs from working.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
twitch chat:

bards322: THIS IS WORLD WAR 2 QUALITY AUDIO SOUNDS LIKE A HITLZER MAKING A SPEECH

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Knowlue posted:

Well he was also on complexity so you gotta pity the kid.

Also supposedly no one besides Cancel was willing to draft

I think sing is a funny cool dude but 'could have drafted better' is an undeserved compliment, the reality is I was watching him play some 5 dollar summer sale steam game during the entire draft of one game

He said he'd play any hero and bulldog said 'get me furion or lone druid' in the game I watched, so as an up and comer trying to draft his final few chances, small as they be into a TI it must have been a horrible feeling realizing your pros are just hoping to get a few donations and new followers on twitch out of the deal

funmanguy posted:

Dang, cancel is a likeable dude, but if you throw your hopes behind a team with two people who actively don't want to be pro players, you gotta know how it will end.

This is the most honest description, I don't think sing or bulldog really want to put major effort and time into an idea that at very best possible outcome means they make it to Seattle and immediately get knocked the gently caress out

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Nasgate posted:

Ck was truly useful as a split pusher, but iirc illusions got nerfed on doing damage to towers. I don't think he has ever been good as a pos1(without old io) but he can't farm jungle, he can't survive or farm offlane, he's too vulnerable mid, and his Mana is too garbage to roam.

I think some of the worst patches in the game involved hard carries with countless illusions, especially PL, so if he really isn't a good roamer now even with shrines then they should just lower his mana costs

The sound effects on chaos knight are too good to not have him in the TOP PICKS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Ubiquitus posted:

?? Diretide was amazing, who the gently caress hates on free hats

Super polished mini games are for wc3

Pretty sure the post was pointing out the only reddit mega complaint thread that didn't get a positive Valve response was the begging for Diretide to come back

Also speaking of mini games: I hate siltbreaker and don't play it and everyone would be way more happy and have like 5 more gigs of hd space if they just had us play pudge wars for loot

• Locked thread