Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wezlar
May 13, 2005

That ppd interview was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

N0tail looks shook.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Huskar and TB are both insane here I really like this TNC draft.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

What is OG even doing?

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

botany posted:

um, good morning :stare: anything happen after the EG games i should know about?

Og lost to TNC it was amazing

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

IncendiaC posted:

So the count is now

3 SEA (MVP, Fnatic, TNC)

3 China (Wings, Ehome, Newbee)

3 NA (EG, Liquid, technically DC i guess)

lol EU and CIS

As much as I like making fun of EU DOTA how is Liquid possibly NA?

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

https://twitter.com/EvilGeniuses/status/763586697154203649

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Dagon + Eblade + Soul Catcher + Double Starfall is an insane amount of burst that's like impossible to anticipate. It was a really cool solution to the Timbersaw problem.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Kainser posted:

who cares about usa or eu when wings will win the tournament

https://twitter.com/Peterpandam/status/763602994352889860

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

trw posted:

Wait, if DC is US because the organisation is based in US does that mean Fnatic is EU?

Organization is American, they live in America, they played American qualifiers.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

This interview is so uncomfortable.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Do you salty Euros even support your local soccer teams?

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Congrats Wings fans! TI really is the best event.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I can't imagine PPD would want to pick up EE. He kicked Aui after winning TI5 for constantly questioning his strategies, and Aui is a way more mildmannered dude than EE. Plus, they've already got Fear, one of the most valuable players you could ask to have on your team, so unless he goes back to support it seems pretty unlikely

EE was previously offered a spot in the team but turned it down when he was with C9 I believe?

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

There are so many situations where moving during rupture is correct.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

drunken officeparty posted:

they finally added a new role to mafia thanks for listening ld

but i just turned it on in the middle what does a prostitute do

In case you never figured it out, prostitute is a role blocker. So if they select the cop they blank their checks, if they select the medic they stop their save, and if they select the vigi the shot doesn't work.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

It would be weird if ppd was out given what they've accomplished and also that he said he was going to do some appearances for eg in the coming weeks in his latest vlog but I guess I could see it. Maybe he'll be coaching or taking some other kind of role in EG?

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

He didn't seem very salty on his vlog and tweeted yesterday that he's going to PAX with Universe so I can't imagine that there is too much drama even if they're splitting into two squads

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Knowlue posted:

Singsing saying Kaipi is going to have to go through open qualifiers now because of living legend Pittner "Bone7" Armand messing up.

to be fair, they were probably going to have to play qualifiers regardless.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Knowlue posted:

Escape Gaming. They didn't have qojqva since he was on vacation at the time and I think Limmp was standing in

Also pld was playing for Kaipi when he isn't part of their roster

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Fluff seems like a nice guy and makes some informative videos, I hope he does well with Kaipi, though I think they were going to be a mediocre/bad team with or without him

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

You can be bad at Omni and lose with him. Honestly I think at this point given the recent streak he has been on its even fair to say that Slacks is an above average Omni player. But holy gently caress watch him play Nyx Assassin it's some 1k level poo poo.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

A White Guy posted:

Every Rikki player I've so far encountered is cancer. Literally every single Rikki I've played with I've muted.

Inversely, I had a good game with Pinoys today.

I had a great game where a guy on my team randomed Riki and I took Dark Seer and then the other team had Jungle LC.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

OG and Secret finished 3/4 at MDL they'll probably get invited...

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I imagine Liquid is having to do a pretty big switch up in terms of play style going from fata+jerax to miracle+bulba so it's kind of understandable that it's not the smoothest transition

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I just want to express how happy I am that Slacks will not be on the BTS Boston Major Hub.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

more like dICK posted:

Remember llamadownunder
No thanks

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I think that regional quals make the most sense because of a number of factors (ping time zones etc) and if you're going to make them regional they should actually be region locked. That being said teams should do whatever is in the rules that can get them into the majors, I just hope Valve makes some more concrete rules.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Singsing is actually just a racist dude and deserves to be shut down. Who cares who approved his emotes :lol: he submitted that poo poo in the first place

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

There's no way Gyro is that bad, is there? :ohdear:

I've definitely seen Arteezy play carry Visage for fun on his stream, I assume they're just playing it because he likes it more than they think its good.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

If Slacks wasn't there that lineup would be great!

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

drunken officeparty posted:

What was the point of group stages if it's single elimination anyway

I would think seeding is even more important in single elim?

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Pretty sure WG need to take rax in like two minutes or this game is over (its actually over already)

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

teams just need to ban this hero

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Why is Tobi casting two series in a row did LD not wake up again or something

They sent a message for Cap through Pyrion to go see PGL staff so presumably he's the one who didn't wake up.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Xtanstic posted:

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Take my energy NP つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I don't really play much anymore anyways but I think it's really unfortunate that they feel like they have to make such drastic changes to a game that has existed for so long.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

ZenVulgarity posted:

It is inoffensive though

This kind of goes back to how his stream is boring and shows no personality whatsoever

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Best midlaner w33ha
Best captain Misery
*team doesn't win a single tournament*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Andrast posted:

Why do people even care who is "the best" in a given role when above a certain skill level success is far more dependent on team chemistry.

I mean look at how poo poo Universe looked in Secret and how unimpressive miracle has been in liquid.

I agree, I just think its funny that a team with "best mid" and "best captain" never won anything and a team with none of the best players who was also not the best team won TI.

• Locked thread