Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

forge posted:

No one has the gumption to hold a GvG territory from a guild with 250 members who poopsock all day and feed resources into 5 people. This is the single dumbest fucken mechanic in any MMO to date hands down. The devs continue to defend this mindset as a system that's fair for guilds of 10 to hold territory thus proving they don't even play their own game.. this is a dumpster fire.

Albion Online: Game bad, so what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
well forge, if you dont wanna put in the work heh. let the real men handle this

*stays up for 14 days in a row on meth to hold five zones

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Just make it so you can build your own fortress in black and players can come gently caress up your fortress if you're in their turf.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

forge, get this man a seat on the round table, stat! hes got some real hum dingers that i think si never considered

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
well you see its good for 5 people to do everything because mobas

and furthermore

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Clearly the downfall is there is only a single race, humans.. Wonder what happened to the others?

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live

forge posted:

Your solution is join my cool alliance and live in black so we can outnumber people 200 to 20. Aka living in black cities. The rate at which you lose gear and the length of time it takes to craft it, is substantially skewed. Thus unless you are almost always victorious in pvp you will slowly lose resources in a black city until you have nothing left. Most goons aren't the hardened pvp heros they think they are and we learned this over the past 14 betas that there are maybe 5 of us who can hack this.

you speak from ignorance my friend.

any medium size guild could keep 100 goon-tier shitbirds in all the free 5.2 gear they wanted to suicide with little to no effort. gear is very not hard to come by.

also why are you worried about outnumbering people more than you're worried about being able to get 20 guys together to do something? bc how long has it been since goons did that

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

forge posted:

Clearly the downfall is there is only a single race, humans.. Wonder what happened to the others?

i want to be a crud

forge
Feb 26, 2006

Suxpool posted:

you speak from ignorance my friend.

any medium size guild could keep 100 goon-tier shitbirds in all the free 5.2 gear they wanted to suicide with little to no effort. gear is very not hard to come by.

also why are you worried about outnumbering people more than you're worried about being able to get 20 guys together to do something? bc how long has it been since goons did that

Except no person wants to waste their entire day farming so others can just lose gear for no reason. This is why no one would have goons when there were 20+ of us, and why this will never happen.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

are you saying that a video game what doubles as a full time job is a bad idea????

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

forge posted:

Except no person wants to waste their entire day farming so others can just lose gear for no reason. This is why no one would have goons when there were 20+ of us, and why this will never happen.

except nobody has to devote any extra time to it. that's not how it works. you should try experiencing being in a guild that isn't run by yourself.

i easily firesold or donated thousands of 5.2 mats just from farming them for the fame to be able to get to higher tiers, and i wasn't exactly a dedicated gatherer.

you're really just convinced that the way you wanna play the game is the only way the game can be played. oatmeal made a mint from market manipulation. i made a mint from selling gathered materials. i could easily have never gathered once and been completely self-sufficient off selling pvp loot. i could easily have supported 10 casual goon types by myself in full 5.2 gear without even noticing it was missing.

gathering your own resources and crafting your own gear is not the only way this game can be played no matter how hard it gets your dick to be totally self-sufficient.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I read this as everyone can be warren buffett.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
everybody ain't gotta be robinson crusoe

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
ya BAKA is pretty much gonna not do a guild island and buy all our gear off the AH and just have fun until we or the game dies this patch, i forsee that as the most fun outcome.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

I joined kds this last beta and it was awful. They had 2 guild vs guild teams and they had tryouts to join but it was pretty much a circle jerk for the officers as even if you did better than the person currently on the team they chose them because "experience". Anyways they should make more pleb content as camping zones so your 5 superstars can arrive to do the meaningful PvP isn't exactly fun.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

Keegers posted:

I joined kds this last beta and it was awful. They had 2 guild vs guild teams and they had tryouts to join but it was pretty much a circle jerk for the officers as even if you did better than the person currently on the team they chose them because "experience". Anyways they should make more pleb content as camping zones so your 5 superstars can arrive to do the meaningful PvP isn't exactly fun.

not a lot of difference from a subcap fleet camping a system for 4 hours while dreadnaughts grind down POSes

wraith_5_
Aug 25, 2003

Keegers posted:

Make your own 5 man with blackjack and hookers and go do hellgates.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

forge
Feb 26, 2006

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

ya BAKA is pretty much gonna not do a guild island and buy all our gear off the AH and just have fun until we or the game dies this patch, i forsee that as the most fun outcome.

Which of the lovely 2 towns will you be based out of? Also wtf is baka going to do because you can't camp anything now.. so really the only fun you can have is to roam.. and GL going up against EOS, Brazil, or MH zergs...

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

forge posted:

Which of the lovely 2 towns will you be based out of? Also wtf is baka going to do because you can't camp anything now.. so really the only fun you can have is to roam.. and GL going up against EOS, Brazil, or MH zergs...

lol - MH went back to being a mega-zerg guild? It's almost as if they learned nothing from AA...

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I remember when I would see Rook in BB last beta. You would see him in the fully obvious im baiting setup with the flail. He would wonder around and act like he was engaging. As soon as he could get a root off or someone was dumb enough to attack him at the edge of town.. 40-60 MH cockroaches would come out the woodwork.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

forge posted:

it might suck but we're planning on camping the routes from red zones to the black cities. we're gonna go to whichever city has the higher pop. if poo poo sucks we're gonna go back to red, take a gvg territory for the respawn point, and then pvp from there with complete disregard for our infamy.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
post the discord to baka again. If my plans work out and I play this go I'll probably join you. IF I'm lucky and we can destroy the system somehow hopefully I can be banned and then I can finally be rid of this lovely game.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

forge posted:

post the discord to baka again. If my plans work out and I play this go I'll probably join you. IF I'm lucky and we can destroy the system somehow hopefully I can be banned and then I can finally be rid of this lovely game.

https://www.joinbaka.com

JOIN BAKA (discord)

just a note i have no idea how many people are going to be playing or if anyone is going to lead it. it's going to be really casual probably.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

https://www.joinbaka.com

JOIN BAKA (discord)

just a note i have no idea how many people are going to be playing or if anyone is going to lead it. it's going to be really casual probably.

What are you talking about? Of course we've got someone leading it. You've already been voted our dear leader.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Now that Shards' map has become 25x bigger and has become a full on MMO, you guys should just go play that.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Now that Shards' map has become 25x bigger and has become a full on MMO, you guys should just go play that.

it just looks so boring :(

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Suxpool posted:

it just looks so boring :(

Grinding skeltals so the next day you can read how your farming did/didn't help the 5v5 moba that determines your territory doesn't?

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

bird food bathtub posted:

Grinding skeltals so the next day you can read how your farming did/didn't help the 5v5 moba that determines your territory doesn't?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lgsGwclscY

now show me a video of shards looking fun cuz nothing in the thread shows that

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Those people have to be the worse players ever.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

shards looks very bad and very dated for an upcoming game

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

forge posted:

Those people have to be the worst players ever.

maybe but if you look through that guy's videos it might also have something to do with Money Guild being ridiculously good at pvp because you'll find a lot like that one

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

shards looks very bad and very dated for an upcoming game

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I'm cautiously optimistic for Crowfall. Might be some good fun mans killing. Not paying for it yet cause screw these paid betas.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

All games are very bad.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

I'm cautiously optimistic for Crowfall. Might be some good fun mans killing. Not paying for it yet cause screw these paid betas.

If you didn't buy the $7500 castle you cant compete sorry.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Do you have a job? Yes?

THEN YOURE A PAID BETA

I just famed up killin a t6 goon, fellas

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
holy gently caress

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Ruggan posted:

We'll Al Bi On...online?

:woah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

BadLlama posted:

I already gave them my money years ago so when they do finally decide to release this I'll give it a go. Lol if they actually release in July.

:same: if I can remember my login at this point. Will likely play for a few minutes until my gear is stolen.

forge posted:

So far AO is a game about what not to do as Devs. I'm rather sure green knight is somewhere writing a book to chronicle this.

It's not the game I was hoping it would be and it's not the game I thought it would be. Basically the devs changed directions on every aspect of the game except the one that really mattered which was the gvg system.

Yeah, in light of that I wish it were possible to get a refund. But early access is early access. :shrug:
I mean there is a game failing, and then there is advertising an early access concept that becomes something exactly not like that.

forge posted:

Do those races even exist in the wild as mobs at this point?

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Mar 10, 2017

• Locked thread