Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
March will be the last wipe until December of this year when they decide to redo everything again and announce another series of wipes that'll go through 2019.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forge
Feb 26, 2006

2DCAT posted:

March will be the last wipe until the economy collapses on release in June this year when they decide to redo everything again and announce another series of wipes that'll go through 2019.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

If they decide to wipe again they are pretty much dooming their own game.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
the game is already doomed and trash

who is leading the next goonventure into this game? i'm in

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live

2DCAT posted:

March will be the last wipe until December of this year when they decide to redo everything again and announce another series of wipes that'll go through 2019.

hosed up if true

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

the game is already doomed and trash

who is leading the next goonventure into this game? i'm in

forge wanna act like he's not gonna start grinding out that guild island on day 1 but he's gonna be grinding out that guild island on day 1

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Suxpool posted:

forge wanna act like he's not gonna start grinding out that guild island on day 1 but he's gonna be grinding out that guild island on day 1

this is my dilemma, i always build the island after vowing to just buy gear off the auction house and actually enjoy the game.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

Suxpool posted:

hosed up if true

I'll be playing Worlds Adrift for sure.. You know an actual sandbox game.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

forge posted:

World's Adrift looks fun, but is their 5v5 system good?

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

forge posted:

quit playin bruh

forge
Feb 26, 2006

2DCAT posted:

World's Adrift looks fun, but is their 5v5 system good?

It's MLG PRO gamer with twitch 3.0 integration and banana keyboard bluetooth 5.2 ready

They also happened to fix the gun aim for alpha 6.0 so now I'm going to be the scourge of the sky.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

forge posted:

It's MLG PRO gamer with twitch 3.0 integration and banana keyboard bluetooth 5.2 ready

They also happened to fix the gun aim for alpha 6.0 so now I'm going to be the scourge of the sky.

Did they fix how easy it was to steal someone's ship?

forge
Feb 26, 2006
They fixed how easy it is to kill people so in proxy that. If someone isn't close to their ship all you need to do is kill them now if they are on yours. Also you can't refine ship parts now so you have to shoot them with a cannon, gun, or explosive.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
UFCK OFF TO THE WORLDS ADRIFT THREAD THIS IS FOR TRUE ALBIONHEADS

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

ufck you

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

forge posted:

I need to find a key to play... Or is the game something like Frog Factions 2 and I need to grind a billion skeltals in Albion before the actual sandbox, Worlds Adrift, unlocks.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I totally gave a key to blazing zero but he sux and didn't play with me.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
made a worlds adrift acct and applied for the playtest like a good little bitch

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

forge posted:

I totally gave a key to blazing zero but he sux and didn't play with me.

i did play! stop bullying me!

the game needs people and it isnt good until they are there

SamEyeAm
Jun 6, 2013

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
https://albiononline.com/en/news/march-update-galahad

So July 17, 2017 is official launch... for now.
4.5 months

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Wow... every time I poop I also need to wipe so I kinda get it

The release may be the poop to end them all

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Ruggan posted:

Wow... every time I poop I also need to wipe so I kinda get it

The release may be the poop to end them all

it's the poop that happens when you die, the final relaxation of the bowels

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

cant wait to see you all @ launch!!

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
Same friends. All other games are also bad and I've never played worlds adrift. Maybe someday someone will make a reason to game on the internet. Until then I'll just buy everything that comes out just incase.

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010

SamEyeAm posted:

4.5 months

Just kidding, we're not pleased with the state of our core gameplay elements. PVE still doesn't feel impactful, and PVP isn't where we want it to be. We're going to have postpone release for another six months while we reinvent our game again. Enjoy our M.Night Shyamalan game design strategy. Shocking twists abound!

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
i mean i get why y'all mad but i don't see any better options atm

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

Suxpool posted:

i mean i get why y'all mad but i don't see any better options atm

same

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

lol

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I'll be online

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

SamEyeAm posted:

4.5 months

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010

Ruggan posted:

I'll be online

I'd like to be. Still concerned this game is going to suck.

PsychicToaster fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Mar 3, 2017

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

We'll Al Bi On...online?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Hey I didn't spend money to not ride my explorer horse at every opportunity. Gonna get that poo poo stolen day 1

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Having to choose between WA 6.0 or AO double final beta.delta next week. I think I'm going to stick with WA. Not that building the entire guild island by myself again doesn't seem really appealing. Each beta has less goons. So if I look at all of the players from all the previous betas. I predict 2 goons will play this one.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

forge posted:

Having to choose between WA 6.0 or AO double final beta.delta next week. I think I'm going to stick with WA. Not that building the entire guild island by myself again doesn't seem really appealing. Each beta has less goons. So if I look at all of the players from all the previous betas. I predict 2 goons will play this one.

be a lot cooler if you played albion

Cyber Sandwich
Nov 16, 2011

Now, Digital!
I don't know how I feel about the thread's stance of hopeless resignation towards the game. Possibly some mixture of slightly sad but still amused. Though, I was honestly expecting Albion to be something like Torchlight II the MMO when I first read the website last year.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I already gave them my money years ago so when they do finally decide to release this I'll give it a go. Lol if they actually release in July.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

Cyber Sandwich posted:

I don't know how I feel about the thread's stance of hopeless resignation towards the game. Possibly some mixture of slightly sad but still amused. Though, I was honestly expecting Albion to be something like Torchlight II the MMO when I first read the website last year.

If you had access to the round table I'm sure you would change your mind. For example they are currently polling members about adding in gear drops to mobs. Where as there have been eactly 2393200 forum posts about better ways to have meaningful PvE while ALSO adding gear drops. Like I don't know rare named gear from boss mobs which is super rare. Instead they are debating the finer points of adding in craft spec trash to PvE to "fix it". Secret TIP adding crafting trash spec to PvE won't fix that.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Double secret tip.. Some of us played alpha and betas where this gear already dropped and was removed because it broke the crafting economy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGNiXGX2nLU

Posted today:
The gathering, refining and crafting values are really and absolutely total placeholders. You can fully ignore them for now.

forge fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Mar 3, 2017

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

forge posted:

If you had access to the round table I'm sure you would change your mind. For example they are currently polling members about adding in gear drops to mobs. Where as there have been eactly 2393200 forum posts about better ways to have meaningful PvE while ALSO adding gear drops. Like I don't know rare named gear from boss mobs which is super rare. Instead they are debating the finer points of adding in craft spec trash to PvE to "fix it". Secret TIP adding crafting trash spec to PvE won't fix that.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

They've always been hampered by an inability to make consistent gameplay design decisions and accurately analyze the impact, both proactively and reactively.

• Locked thread