Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010
Hello goons. Anyone playing this game again, or is it dead like it was halfway through last beta?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010
Hiya Forge! I might come back in here pretty soon. My Overwatch kick is slowly wearing off.

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010

Blazing Zero posted:

youll find that forge, tootboots AND oatmeal still play this exceptional game

Fantastic. I'll be seeing you guys on. Not sure if I should hop in now or wait for release.

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010
Now I remember why I gave up on this poo poo. Heh.

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010

Holy poo poo someone without an accent doing the voiceover?! Glad to see my money went somewhere special.

New environment looks great though. It's nice to see some new variations on weapons and armor through artifacts as well. I think despite their terrible habit of prolonging the game's release, their retarded design team that does weird poo poo(mostly Korn) for no particular reason at all, this game will be pretty good when it's finally out. Hopefully the lengthy time in alpha and beta didn't kill this on release though.

PsychicToaster fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Sep 24, 2016

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010
Christ, another beta? Really?

Been playing Shards Online instead. They've fixed the input lag and overall lag from months ago and it is now a perfectly playable early access game. It's well on the way to being the UO successor people wanted. Community has grown a lot too.

I spent all night finding macroers, opening portals on top of them, and sending them to my bind point in a dungeon to gently caress up their macroing. It was pretty drat funny. Felt like a real sandbox, not the "have fun with the game's permission" style gameplay of AO. The fun doubled when I figured out that opening another portal would teleport the macroer to wherever I was, because they would be standing in the exact place my portal opens to and all it takes to go through one is to be touching it.

So I began porting them outside of the guard zone and murdering them.

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010
The UI is temporary. The game is being optimized next patch which should be out sometime during the last week of December, along with some other updates. Far more playable now, although this week the servers might be getting DDOS'd. Fix is in the works.

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

albion is really good sandbox wise but there are a couple of minor flaws that have a major adverse impact on the game, if those are fixed this game will be tons of fun.

Such as being released before 2068. Seriously, the game was fun for awhile, but after all the incompetence the developers have displayed over their 5 year development and testing phase does not lead me to believe they'll be any more capable of maintaining the game in the future than they are developing it. They've wasted countless man-hours and currency redesigning their game almost from the ground up. They clearly lack a defined plan of action, which has been evident over the last year or two of testing. The "final beta, just kidding" poo poo leads me to believe that Bercilak is taking game development advice from M. Night Shyamalan, only the bad twists aren't really twists, they're just someone coming along to blast an airhorn in your face whenever you get too comfortable.

Shards has yet to show whether it'll be a crapshoot or not, but at the very least they're not constantly telling their players "it's almost done! 3 months of testing and then release!" and they instead work toward fixing things before delivering too much new content. A lot has changed, a lot has yet to change, but given how long it took for the game to go from nearly unplayable to delivering more content than any other pre-release game I've ever played(Less than six months), I am willing to bet it'll do just fine.

PsychicToaster fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Dec 16, 2016

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010

SamEyeAm posted:

https://albiononline.com/en/news/march-update-galahad

So July 17, 2017 is official launch... for now.
4.5 months

Just kidding, we're not pleased with the state of our core gameplay elements. PVE still doesn't feel impactful, and PVP isn't where we want it to be. We're going to have postpone release for another six months while we reinvent our game again. Enjoy our M.Night Shyamalan game design strategy. Shocking twists abound!

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010

Ruggan posted:

I'll be online

I'd like to be. Still concerned this game is going to suck.

PsychicToaster fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Mar 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010

forge posted:

Interacting with the WA devs has been a breath of fresh air. They at least have a goal in mind and are quickly working towards it. But here we are in AO redesigning the redesign of the redesign. I have zero faith this will release, and if it does it will be released in whatever redesign phase they are currently in regardless of whether or not it accurately reflects their design goals.

We're really living in a pie chart world here.

What is WA?

• Locked thread