Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I want this game to pull itself out of the nosedive into the shitheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I would offer to join in on this with you guys but I'm going to be "busy" for the next few weeks.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I reinstalled :smith:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blazing Zero posted:

hello, si shill blazing reporting in

buy this game: its good

Hi shill Blazing,

This is consumer Unfunny Poster.

You still owe me $30.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blazing Zero posted:

file your refund right here *points to dilz*

That's one small pickle.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What's the dumb discord info for the Goon group in this?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The ganking tonight, while fun, was a disaster as Blazing led us to a dead end and we got separated from Forge for a whole FIFTEEN SECONDS. :argh:

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Aug 6, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It was still good fun. The grinding to get T4 gear is pretty awful and if you're newly joining just find a buddy to help make it less poo poo because god drat.

And some people think it should be more grindy :negative:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The real ballbuster at the moment is grinding and like we were saying last night the real test is how viable small groups can survive and do meaningful stuff in the later game. Last beta I played basically made it seem impossible which iirc caused Girl Scout Cookies to collapse entirely.

Edit - Oh and the issue with being in what I think was the black zone without a home set seemed to be an oversight by SI that can be relatively fixed easily. Just make a ferry to the starter zones (one way only) or the option to respawn there.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Aug 6, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eonwe posted:

game good or game bad

Tentatively good but that could just be the optimism speaking.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

being punished for pvping in a pvp game is pretty bad tbh

Hey, I wanted to bug you about something yesterday and I got given a "Globby was last seen in this channel on X date, his last message was 'gently caress you'." message :colbert:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Who is that? What game did he supposedly ruin?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
F

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Seriously what kind of awful developer kills a players dog? Imagine what he'd do to a precious video game we take very seriously. :stare:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tbh I hope Crowfall is fun too tho.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ruggan posted:

Last night was a ton of fun. I'd run around as a gank squad every night, honestly

I think that's the best thing to do.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kimsemus posted:

EVE a good game.

:laffo:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blazing Zero posted:

please stop white knighting si

please stop black knighting si

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Some of us (Forge, Blazing & myself) ended up joining BAKA because they are basically doing what we were trying to do in red zones but in the black zones and it is a lot of fun.

Plus it gets pubbies mad.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Only 3 more years for them to fix the broken invuln timer exploit.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

2DCAT posted:

I thought this was explained as a 'cool' feature.

I heard it was needed to make the PVPers "git gud"

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well there's in-game player mods who have been known to ban/mute your account because you disturbed their precious safespace.

And by disturbed they mean you played the game and PVP'd them.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ruggan posted:

When did that happen? Recently?

Ask the BAKA guys, they've had issues with that.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The game will be dead 3 months after release because they're literally letting select players have special powers and permissions.

When has that ever worked out well?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
According to what I've heard people in RT get like player mod roles and can mute/probate people. Which, according to some other people, has resulted in those same guys abusing that power etc.

If you want to kill a community for your game, that's a pretty sure fire way.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

Clementine

lol

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

2DCAT posted:

Didn't other companies get fined or something for employing "volunteers" and not paying them?

Not sure. I know EVE does the whole "player volunteers" thing but its solely as forum mods and the in-game stuff is limited heavily. Like all the volunteers can do is go in a ship to a battle that is ultra tanky (more so than everything else) and get screenshots for some post about the battle later on. They can't ban you from the forums, or from in-game chat, only GMs do that. The most they can do is remove a post for whatever reason it'd break the rules but even then people abuse it.

ecsdee

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blazing Zero posted:

friends im all about bandwagoning to hate on si, but if this player mod abuse was happening, wouldnt there be more than hearsay?

feels like someone would type up some threadnaughts on reddit with screenshots or something idk

nvm, its clearly a massive coverup and bercilak is plotting to drive up sales by having whales ban each other and making them rebuy

That's a perfectly valid and reasonable viewpoint. I don't fully believe the stuff I was told, but I'm not shocked if that is what's happening. There's been plenty of previous games that show that doing what SI are doing with player mods is a dumb and bad idea and only screws up your community/playerbase.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I got banned for saying "[Baka] is the best guild in the game!"

because apparently that is recruiting for a guild.

Really?

:laffo:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rumor mill is that a dude got banned from Albion for doxxing another player.

:cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Who?

• Locked thread