Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

nessin posted:

Has there been an announcement that they plan to do another wipe? I thought the whole big thing now was there were no more wipes.

BadLlama posted:

There will be another wipe in 3-4 months when they go live. Finding information about it was a pain in the rear end but its on the forums.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/4vofpn/we_are_the_albion_online_team_ask_us_anything/

"At the end of the current final beta phase, which is expected to last 3-4 months, there will be one final wipe, after that, the game will be released."

Which probably means like March-May 2017.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

I encountered this chap out in the snowy lands of Albion, putting in some work.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

This roam is brought to you by the classic ?T3_FRAGMENT_RED_F1?

Edit: Fine cloth harvesting.

Edit 2: Death and taxes.

CubicalSucrose fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Aug 6, 2016

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Blazing Zero posted:

friends im all about bandwagoning to hate on si, but if this player mod abuse was happening, wouldnt there be more than hearsay?

feels like someone would type up some threadnaughts on reddit with screenshots or something idk

nvm, its clearly a massive coverup and bercilak is plotting to drive up sales by having whales ban each other and making them rebuy

Doesn't SI censor the reddit? I wouldn't think that's the most reliable source for seeing evidence of SI doing things poorly.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

What are the denizens of the tablet RPG community doing while waiting for the final beta to end?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

forge posted:

Brad's new game Pantheon will have 12 distinct levels of gemology for you 2DCAT.

It's unclear to me if Black Diamond is actually better than Double R. Diamond. Does the Black Infinity bonus really outweight 2-3 Red Diamond Pool shares & a $500k rank bonus? I realize there's a higher Dream Car Allowance, but that's only $60k / year if you're maxing it exactly, and who is going to be able to do such a thing?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

PsychicToaster posted:

Christ, another beta? Really?

Been playing Shards Online instead. They've fixed the input lag and overall lag from months ago and it is now a perfectly playable early access game. It's well on the way to being the UO successor people wanted. Community has grown a lot too.

I spent all night finding macroers, opening portals on top of them, and sending them to my bind point in a dungeon to gently caress up their macroing. It was pretty drat funny. Felt like a real sandbox, not the "have fun with the game's permission" style gameplay of AO. The fun doubled when I figured out that opening another portal would teleport the macroer to wherever I was, because they would be standing in the exact place my portal opens to and all it takes to go through one is to be touching it.

So I began porting them outside of the guard zone and murdering them.

But how many skeletons did you have to grind to cast portal?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

What's the latest over/under on a release date? 2019?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Albion Online: Unfortunately, there's still not quite anything better

• Locked thread