Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
This is going to be my best post ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

forge posted:

Whats a picture about some other game have to do with AO?

Isn't he running one of the mega guilds in AO, or did he step down?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
My first serious post: I'm out this round, but if goons report favorably, I'll probably check it out come launch. I just can't do a 4th launch, followed by inevitable disappoint. Much like Tommy Wiseau, it would tear me apart.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
i missed this thread; i'm glad its back to peak shitposting.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Eonwe posted:

is the game less poo poo

:eyepop:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Pixelslol posted:

they paid cdew to play it... feels like such a strange choice lol

I had no idea who that was, so I looked at twitter. I noticed the Albion posts use the #Sponsored hastag, because #EthicsInVideoGameStreaming.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Nice guild name. :toot:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Blazing Zero posted:

press f, blazing husky 2010-2016

Respecks

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

BadLlama posted:

Pretty sure he got forumed banned from that but then got game banned with the email change while preparing to sell his account.

Also Korn is loving dumb.

I thought this is what happened too

Also, glad to hear you guys are having fun. Will have to check it out again when I get some free time.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Unfunny Poster posted:

Only 3 more years for them to fix the broken invuln timer exploit.

I thought this was explained as a 'cool' feature.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Unfunny Poster posted:

The game will be dead 3 months after release because they're literally letting select players have special powers and permissions.

When has that ever worked out well?

Wait, what?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
Lol

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
Didn't other companies get fined or something for employing "volunteers" and not paying them?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm glad of it

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
I asked MurphyBot what albion online would look like if it were fun. To think of what could have been...

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

I learned something about a magical artifact called the whore froth staff

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
I, for one, am still hoping for a jesus patch to come in and save everything. All of the fun goons played this game, and I think its more likely that this game gets a jesus patch than it is a new, fun game comes out in which all the fun goods flock to. :(

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Percelus posted:

will albion leave beta before closing shop :iiam:

I didn't l know what this meant and then I saw on the interwebs "beta deep into 2017"

LOL

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Percelus posted:

trust chris roberts

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

It's not all bad news. What's old is new again, and we have more skeltal grinds to look forward to! :peanut:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

forge posted:

Basically you should stop playing AO when the first people get to T6. Simple rule of thumb. Up until then it's fun. I haven't logged in for something like a 2 weeks now? I can't even bring myself to do so. What a waste this game is.. so what's fun to play currently and what games are coming up soon?

I'll agree; the beginning stages (first week or two) of AO are unquestionably fun.

Sadly, no games are fun to play, all games are bad.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Lastgirl posted:

for you

the paywall just got 10 dollars higher

I tempted to start combining trump+chvrches into a single mega meme, just to see how high this paywall can go.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Blazing Zero posted:

if youre thirsty for arpg just play path of exile

:agreed:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

FireWhizzle posted:

It's like people don't remember that UO was 99% farming and killing farmers for farmed stuff.

Then the farmers left because the only objective was to kill farmers for farmed stuff.

You know the rest of the story

What UO lacked was a gem grind through repetitive skeltal grinding. It's what makes me so optimistic about this game.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

BadLlama posted:

A big problem also might just be they are in perpetual beta and not many people, minus the autistic, like to throw away all their time spent with a wipe.

A perpetual beta wouldn't hamper a game with fun dynamics imo. What kills AO is that it's a needless grind with no payoff. The first two weeks are fun as hell. Then it feels like you're forced to grind skeltals for years on end (unless something major changed in the last testing period). If a game offered fun dynamics from the start of game until the end of game, people wouldn't care about wipes and say "welp, I don't feel like forcing myself to grind through yet another beta; i'm out guys!" The game lacks fun; it's going to be hard to fix that, without first acknowledging it. And no, adding gems back into the game isn't the answer to the 'fun' question.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Blazing Zero posted:

are we still pretending to care about what happens next

I care about the status of gems

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
Well... this game is at least still better than whatever star citizen is vOv

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

forge posted:

HEY LOOK I SEE A KIMSEMUS NAME RUN THE OTHER WAY. I can't even imagine how pvp will even happen now. As it was the one dude in baka made it so we could completely avoid people. Now you'll just be chasing a name on the side of the screen. "We'll I still see the name so he's this way somewhere".

On the flip side you don't have to channel the mount. The scales must be balanced.

Thankfully, SI is pretty good at balancing.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

FireWhizzle posted:

Sorry guys, that isn't really the joke - I was just kidding!

Haha!

Idgi, pls explain

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
imo, SI should be removed from the game.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
My first act once I get on the board of directors is going to be pushing for more gems and skeletal grinding. It's what the shareholders want.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

forge posted:

After the weekend meeting with the Devs I am 80% less triggered. Some interesting things on the horizon.

Double Ultimate Final Beta ETA somewhere around Jan-March?

World changes will make griefing probability go through the roof in some areas. If you plan to play the game for the first or second week of the next beta it's likely to produce many tears, ours included for playing another beta.

Nothing else I can report atm.

Yes, but will you please tell me if gems have finally been upgraded to their fullest potential? It's the reason that I and 99% of other players left.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

forge posted:

I'm gonna go suggest they make a new version of gems for 2dcat.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
The only thing I remember about Vanguard saga of heroes is an NPC called gemrunner.* Brad mcquad knew what was up and what the masses wanted.

*this is an actual true statement about my memory of the game.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

forge posted:

Brad's new game Pantheon will have 12 distinct levels of gemology for you 2DCAT.

mods, change my name to double b. diamond, tia.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

CubicalSucrose posted:

But how many skeletons did you have to grind to cast portal?

Secondly, are there gems in Shards Online, and if yes, how many types of gems are there for me to farm?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
The art style has never been a problem. It's always been good in my eyes. The problem arises when the devs ignore simple math, leading towards huge power discrepancies. That and not enough gems and skeltals.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

pixaal posted:

Tablet support is just awkward, I have a laptop if I really want to game while pooping, but I really don't. If I tried to PvP in this while pooping I'd end up not pooping. If I was crafting I could just AFK craft it on my desktop while I poop and browse the forums on my tablet.

My fetish is literally skeltal grinding while pooping. Pls don't kink shame, tia

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

BadLlama posted:

At some point in time, everything gets wiped.

is this a cryptic reference to Korn finally being fired due to being more useless than a hanging turd?

2DCAT fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jan 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

forge posted:

:paging: dodgin

As Albion Online keeps growing, we are always on the lookout for talented people to strengthen the team and improve our game even more. Join us and make your mark in Albion!

For example, we are currently looking for a Twitch Host to build our Albion Online streaming channel. If you are fluent in English, have an entertaining on-screen personality and a passion for Albion Online, this job is for you!

Your tasks:

stream on the official Albion Online channel for multiple hours a day
present Albion Online in the best possible light to our existing community and interested players, for example by showing current events (GvGs, ZvZ clashes…)
reach out to players and streamers to participate in segments you develop - comment on current developments in the meta of the game
Your profile:

impeccable skills in spoken English (native speakers preferred)
an entertaining on-screen personality - a positive “can do”-attitude
technical expertise to set-up channel and equipment to your needs
the ability to lead through several hours of streaming by yourself or with guests
community-building skills
a passion for MMORPGs, especially Sandbox MMORPGs
preferably willing to work in-house in Berlin, Germany.

I'm just glad that the emphasized that all applications should be good at maths.

• Locked thread