Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live
i think i'm gonna go warbow again on Tootboots. just feels good.

Kimsemus posted:

SI is MEAN and AO is BAD! :argh::argh::argh:

you got a real bum rap but it's at least half your own fault for trying to participate with the AO community. that said,

Kimsemus posted:

Excited for those big PVP battles? :wooper:

Good news! They don't exist. The game has baked in mechanics that will ENSURE a solo or small handful of players can quite easily wipe your entire zerg out with virtually no effort whatsoever. The game actually PUNISHES you for having more than an arbitrary handful of friends in the same area through various mechanics.

so i guess that ENSURES a small group of goons could wipe out a zerg? sounds fun

Kimsemus posted:

Excited about defending guild territory? :wooper:

Too loving bad, you pleb! Because of the way territory defense works, guilds will only EVER send their a-team of their 5 best players into the pre-determined MOBA battles, as a loss means you could lose hundreds of hours of guild work! If you're lucky, you'll be slaving away funneling resources to players better than you. Quit your dreams of greatness now friends, GvG is only for the most hardcore and dedicated of poopsockers.

i was in 3 or 4 big guilds who were serious about GvG after GSC evaporated. none of them had this stupid pyramid scheme notion that the guild as a whole needed to fund the top guys for GvG. this was a flawed idea from the beginning. there's no reason GvGers can't poopsock their own gear.

Kimsemus posted:

But there are no character classes! You are what you wear!

Yeah, okay. If the grind for using ONE weapon and ONE type of armor doesn't make you want to kill yourself, it's a minor miracle. You're going to be spending a massive amount of time to cross train, and you're cockblocked by any mistake you make early because of Learning Points, the arbitrary timegate system has implemented to extend the grind even further.

this is how every single MMO works. it takes a long time to completely max out your character within one specialized role. it takes an extra long time to crosstrain. you sound like a real dummy.

Kimsemus posted:

B-b-b-b-b but mah territory control!

Yeah, unless you're a part of one of the major poopsock powerblocs (goons aren't FYI), you won't be owning poo poo. Oh, but don't forget, the best resources in the game are ONLY in the zones where you can own that said territory. Enjoy getting kited and bowed to death by one of the blatantly overpowered weapon combos in the game while desperately trying to gather that half stack of ore you need, which you'll just drop and lose anyway on death.

no point playing if you're not in one of the prestigious elite albion all-star guilds i guess. let's pack it up and go home. since we're all a bunch of loving idiots i guess we'll just settle for worst best.

Kimsemus posted:

But losing gear on death is awesome and gives me a reason to PVP!

Sure is! Except in a game where death could mean the loss of a significant amount of time and reasons, there also isn't any kind of anti-cheat whatsoever, which results in a coming together of known cheaters from other games coming to AO and just absolutely exploiting on and wrecking you

the best part is right after this you recommend people play Eve instead. also i pvped a bunch more than almost everyone else in this last beta and i didn't see anything that looked like cheating ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
yeah we're gonna need to pull some eve online spy in the trading guild so we can ambush their big caravan poo poo

that'll be so tight

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
honestly, game's fun as hell if you like squadding up with goons and griefing clueless dudes on the road and taking their poo poo

if you DON'T like that idk why you play video games you nerd

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
paging redwine/spooky/toaster come play albion online w/ us

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
a different consistency of poo poo

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

Zephyrine posted:

Does this all still apply? I need a new goon MMO.

the majority of it does not apply. kimsemus has won the title of bitterest goon; albion online division

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

Chomp8645 posted:

Out of curiosity I looked up what kind of difference premium membership makes over a F2P account and holy lmao are you kidding me?

They may as well just hang a sign on the door that says "gently caress off non-subscribers!!!"

yeah there's no point at all playing this game without premium

but if you play regularly it's extremely managable to maintain premium status with ingame currency

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

Chomp8645 posted:

I'm a little skeptical of this because what is their business model if it's not difficult for the whole playerbase to just silver buy their premium time?

e: oh wait they are just going to ramp up the cost once the population boom slows aren't they?

it's easy to maintain premium with ingame currency if you play albion regularly

much like i believe it was easy to maintain an EVE subscription with ingame currency

the vast majority of people still chose to pay 15$ a month to play EVE

much like i believe the majority of people will choose to buy gold from SI monthly to maintain their premium rather than spend their hard-earned ingame silver

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
what guild is this and how do i join

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
so we had a running gank squad for probably about 8 hours tonight. we wrecked so many people, and got wrecked so many times.

this is a fun game

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
i need to get in on that. that second one is badass, just HELLO CLAW DELIVERY FOR YOU MA'AM

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
kimsemus you should try to send them an apology email in an effort to get unbanned because this game is really pretty fun

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

Dr. Remulak posted:

Hopped on this cause I'm bored and don't have the time to sink into a real MMO anymore. Is there a goon guild running right now or does this game just stink?

some of a, some of b

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

I got banned for saying "[Baka] is the best guild in the game!"

because apparently that is recruiting for a guild.

they should have banned you twice for contributing to people talking in general

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
turns out motherfuckers love to talk poo poo

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
idk who 2 trust nemore

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

Chomp8645 posted:

Ah, adding semi-mandatory PvE elements into a PvP focused game. The eternal lure of bad devs everywhere.

you can't have an mmo, even a half-assed one, without pve grind to keep everybody occupied and give a value to the gear used in said pvp

JUST CAN'T DO IT

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
sounds dumb as poo poo do you get a sword

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
right?

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

Blazing Zero posted:

i hear tootboots globby has some connects with some real chill bros

psh forge poo poo on that idea because he couldn't bare leaving behind yellow zones and i'm the bad guy?

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

squirrelzipper posted:

Man I just want a PvP MMO that isn't EVE.

yeah man exactly

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
rip asheron's call

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
this game is fun as hell in the short term. you'll definitely get 30$ worth of fun out of it if you wanna jump in for the next "final" beta

just expect that 90% of everyone will stop playing after a month

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
that's part of it but i'm not convinced that's the whole problem

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

eonwe posted:

the only thing that stops me from playing a lot is how loving boring the maps are and how they are basically DOTA maps with lanes to gank people. generally there isn't avoiding people in a zone. You either go through people or just not at all

maps are a lot different than they were a year and a half ago or whenever the last time you played was

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

Arcland posted:

Have they decided the tablet idea was bad yet?

yeah they gave up on that poo poo a good while ago

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
thanks for the mammaries

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

Verbose posted:

late to the party but is that job still open?

If they're paying for the move to Germany I'll do it, I'll stream, tweet, instagram, talk in wacky voices, whatever the gently caress they want

nah i think they're looking for local germans to do it in awful accented english because they haven't already alienated most of the world enough

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

2DCAT posted:

March will be the last wipe until December of this year when they decide to redo everything again and announce another series of wipes that'll go through 2019.

hosed up if true

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

the game is already doomed and trash

who is leading the next goonventure into this game? i'm in

forge wanna act like he's not gonna start grinding out that guild island on day 1 but he's gonna be grinding out that guild island on day 1

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

forge posted:

I'll be playing Worlds Adrift for sure.. You know an actual sandbox game.

quit playin bruh

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
UFCK OFF TO THE WORLDS ADRIFT THREAD THIS IS FOR TRUE ALBIONHEADS

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
made a worlds adrift acct and applied for the playtest like a good little bitch

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
i mean i get why y'all mad but i don't see any better options atm

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

forge posted:

Having to choose between WA 6.0 or AO double final beta.delta next week. I think I'm going to stick with WA. Not that building the entire guild island by myself again doesn't seem really appealing. Each beta has less goons. So if I look at all of the players from all the previous betas. I predict 2 goons will play this one.

be a lot cooler if you played albion

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
the devs consistently make awful choices but it's still a fun game

last beta we all could have had a lot more fun if certain people weren't so intent on sticking to their red zone haven cities

(the people who are trying to pvp don't hang out there guys)

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

he's from Crimson Imperium Reborn. i think we were allied up with them and Mostly Harmless back in the GSC Boneharbor days

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

forge posted:

Your solution is join my cool alliance and live in black so we can outnumber people 200 to 20. Aka living in black cities. The rate at which you lose gear and the length of time it takes to craft it, is substantially skewed. Thus unless you are almost always victorious in pvp you will slowly lose resources in a black city until you have nothing left. Most goons aren't the hardened pvp heros they think they are and we learned this over the past 14 betas that there are maybe 5 of us who can hack this.

you speak from ignorance my friend.

any medium size guild could keep 100 goon-tier shitbirds in all the free 5.2 gear they wanted to suicide with little to no effort. gear is very not hard to come by.

also why are you worried about outnumbering people more than you're worried about being able to get 20 guys together to do something? bc how long has it been since goons did that

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

forge posted:

Except no person wants to waste their entire day farming so others can just lose gear for no reason. This is why no one would have goons when there were 20+ of us, and why this will never happen.

except nobody has to devote any extra time to it. that's not how it works. you should try experiencing being in a guild that isn't run by yourself.

i easily firesold or donated thousands of 5.2 mats just from farming them for the fame to be able to get to higher tiers, and i wasn't exactly a dedicated gatherer.

you're really just convinced that the way you wanna play the game is the only way the game can be played. oatmeal made a mint from market manipulation. i made a mint from selling gathered materials. i could easily have never gathered once and been completely self-sufficient off selling pvp loot. i could easily have supported 10 casual goon types by myself in full 5.2 gear without even noticing it was missing.

gathering your own resources and crafting your own gear is not the only way this game can be played no matter how hard it gets your dick to be totally self-sufficient.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
everybody ain't gotta be robinson crusoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

Keegers posted:

I joined kds this last beta and it was awful. They had 2 guild vs guild teams and they had tryouts to join but it was pretty much a circle jerk for the officers as even if you did better than the person currently on the team they chose them because "experience". Anyways they should make more pleb content as camping zones so your 5 superstars can arrive to do the meaningful PvP isn't exactly fun.

not a lot of difference from a subcap fleet camping a system for 4 hours while dreadnaughts grind down POSes

• Locked thread