Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
forge
Feb 26, 2006
Voice and Chat Here

https://www.albiononline.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl21oPOawM8 Latest Albion Video
https://albiononline.com/?ref=8SK35AUB9A USE THIS REFERRAL TO SIGN UP

Albion Online is a full loot PvP MMO which has undergone many changes. Most of the things you might read about in the past threads are either outdated or no longer hold true. For the first few weeks of each beta test you will find some of the best griefing in existence. In the past betas beyond this point the tryhards out skill the casuals and slowly forced players and fun out of the game. WIth the latest beta the tryhards area is separate from the casual and rep areas. It's hard to say how this will play out.

With the Royal Islands there are no GvG areas currently. This means it's a carebear wonderland for us to grief. Resources go up to T7 in these areas and anything above T4-T5 is yellow (pvp no loot drops), and T6-T7 red (full loot). The reputation system applies to these areas. The Outlands are the lawless areas which are considered black. This is full loot pvp all the time and no reputation is applied to these areas. GvG and other things happen in this area. Also known as the tryhards area. Resources in this area range from T5-T8 with lowest being T3 in small areas. The Outlands are bigger than the King and Queen islands combined. So this means there are now more black zones than any other type in the game.

Albion Online uses Fame and Learning Points as a way to skill up. This is basically a mixture of grinding (fame) like in WoW and time spent (LP) like in Eve. This means that you can be logged out and still make gains in the game without having to play. You also get the option to grind if that is your bread and butter. Unlike past betas where people will likely complain about how many hours you need to grind, things changed. You now get the option to use full LP to unlock any skill rather than having to grind 20% of the bar as fame. Another change as of late last beta after most goons quit was the unlock of tiers. In previous betas if you had equipped T7 armor, you needed to kill T7 mobs to exp. This is no longer the case and if you want to kill a million foxes you can do so. This opens up the entire game as to where you can choose to skill up. Before we were left to only a few heavily contested areas. I will not speak of the skill tree below. If you want information about that you should ask. Things continue to change and there is no point talking it in this post.

Albion Online consists of gathering resources, crafting, PvE, PvP, and GvG. You can spend many hours just gathering resources and transporting those to town if that's your thing. PvP can be done solo, this not just about a massive ball of death. Oatmeal became quite famous last beta killing many decent players 1vs2, 1vs3, and even some 1vs4 and mounts. The game is played best while in small groups, larger groups show up as red dots on the map. I do not know if this is currently still the case in the Royal Islands. No one will show up in the black areas no matter the size of PvP party in the Outlands. I expect the griefing to be spectacular with the addition of artifact weapons and armor with special skills during this beta. Add in the fact that most people will not understand how the reputation system works at first, we should expect many tears to be collected. In the past we have played as Space Violence and Girl Scout Cookies. There is no current plan for what shape or name the guild will take on at this time. It is likely that we will live on the Royal Islands and kill players using oddities of the rep system until something else takes shape.

Going red in albion means you are going to click the shield and drop all your rep and become hostile.

Understanding how rep works

When you are positive rep you can enter any area in the game. When you are negative rep you can still enter every area except cities. As denoted in the picture above. You lose access to all green and yellow cities when you are -250. You lose access to all red cities when you are -5,000. Thus you are banished to black areas. The docks in the royal islands are considered black and there will be a marketplace added there very soon. This will allow you to still get gear and get equipped in those areas.

I think we killed about 15 people while I was on last night and my rep at the lowest point was -110. The reason here is that if you kill other red players you actually get positive reputation. So you can work off the negative rep killing other reds. When you are -1 or lower rep you no longer get +rep for gathering or killing mobs. Not that you would want it because as soon as you flag you drop to -1 and suspicious.

Daily reputation recovery while "Suspicious" 300
Daily reputation recovery while "Infamous" 300
Daily reputation recovery while "Villainous"600
Daily reputation recovery while "Nefarious" 900
Daily reputation recovery while "Dreaded" 1200

The above are the daily passive rep you gain automatically to help work off bad rep. So if you are villainous you gain +600 rep a day until you are infamous. The system is now set up this way so that if you get "bad" rep you won't be exiled to black for more a week like previously. So at most

Flagging for PvP will reduce your reputation to -1 (Suspicious)

As discussed above as soon as you flag up you go to -1. You gain one rep every five minutes. This means if you flag up you are flagged for 5 minutes because it will take you at least 5 minutes to get 1 rep point to put you back at 0, at which point you can unflag as a hostile. You can kill a red if you can't wait five minutes.

You can no longer unflag for PvP while Suspicious

The biggest change is that you will show flagged in green zones but cannot attack other players.

Flag up and come kill tons of idiots with us on the Royal Islands. It's now a sea of blue because of the rep system.

Please enjoy some pictures from the past betas. There was a huge portion of great things which went on over the past betas. Sadly I can't find links or images of them all. Here are only a few of what I could gather on short notice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5bXhgRWHRg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOur7xu3j6o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBKLZjqK6Z0

Voice and Chat Here

forge fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Aug 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Still more feature complete than star citizen.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Looks that way. Me and Blazing are going to see how the rep system can be used to kill peons. At worst it looks like all that is needed is a alt to trade gear to your bad rep character. Not counting any weird stuff with spells that can be done. Which I would count on being there.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
that didn't take long.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
All of your info is still pretty much wrong btw. The game has changed since 2015, for better or worse is up to people to decide. But it doesn't take any time at all to get T6-7, and GvG defense is now open world. They also used our suggestion (hi round table) to lock specific areas into US, EU, RUS/Anzac. This means the territories can only ever be attacked for example during US prime.

But yeah this game is horrible.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

Whats a picture about some other game have to do with AO?

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Games obviously horrible, obviously.

What about the rest of that stuff you posted. Did you even read the OP? If you did you would know that stuff changed.

You actually posted another previous post, then edited that poo poo onto the bottom. Got it!

forge fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jul 26, 2016

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I'm pretty sure they imploded and the name is still around because what's great will be great forever. Last I heard they had a mass exodus and were now poo poo.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
After logging in to the testtesttest server I must say I really like the changes. Keep in mind that this poo poo could all be ruined by horrible other stuff.. but here are some interesting changes..

.2 .3 armor/weapons are gone and so are the mats.
Each item is broken in a boots catagory that you get to T4 in. Then you branch out to whatever type you want. None are .2 .3 anymore. If you want to wear heavy boots you just spec right into heavy. Wish I could show a picture of this. But its a huge change.
Start with enough LP to instantly get T5 in a weapon of choice.
All items for example ice staffs take T6 mats to make a T6. If you want the 1h its T6 mats, 2h with pryo T6, nothing special.
Mats are now just Cloth, Iron, Leather, Wood, Stone T1 to T8.
In the poo poo newb areas of no GVG you can get up to T7 mats. So unless you want to contest lawless GvG tryhard you basically have almost the best gear. Let me give you a example of the difference in stats between T7 and T8 bow for example.. T7 434dmg, T8 474dmg. That's as big of a gear gap you will now ever have between living in poo poo areas and tryhard zones.
Zones are completely redone and look all new.

The fact that I can get almost the best armor and gank people without having to go to GvG areas looks pretty good currently.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Even though the game is probably not poo poo anymore.. I enjoyed this.. LOL

forge
Feb 26, 2006

Ruggan posted:

what the gently caress is the bird doing in their banner image? are there even birds in the game? besides the livestock which don't count

What I found hilarious was the facial expression. It looks like she's about to get ganked by someone hiding behind a tree.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

iminers posted:

Im looking forward to trying to attack a enemy npc..and then my character just walks to the nearest tree and starts chopping it.. :(

lol

Also Kimsemus they removed meteor from the game, so time to come play again your op was a success.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I'm pretty sure that's the Star Citizen thread you're talking about.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
So I just learned that .2 .3 .whatever items are now just hidden and not on the destiny board with no explanation of what's needed to make them. I think I'll just delete this thread as a solution.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
this game is so clearly poo poo, but nms is poo poo.. i mean minecraft in space.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
swords have ae now... swords literally RUINING ALBION ONLINE...

also mobs drop materials so its not a clusterfuck trying to find ore anymore.. nuts.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

Lobus posted:

Is the crafting any good in this game? Has anything changed since they are in the final beta now?

With the introduction of biomes you can only find specific materials in certain ones. This means that you will have trade routes in the game where there will be demand for resources which cannot be found in regions. So go crazy making money just muling stone from place to another.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

forge
Feb 26, 2006
10 day Albion forecast upgraded to Cautiously Optimistic..

forge
Feb 26, 2006
lol check your email.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
If your going to start playing this morning make your way to Kings Muster. We'll be gathering there, get in discord for more instructions for locations. Also don't go out and kill anyone yet. There are "reasons" for this.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
HAX

forge
Feb 26, 2006
It was upgraded to cautiously optimistic.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

Haroshia posted:

How can you loot people if there's no incentive to go into PvP zones?

This will probably come as a shocker, but the same people who would have went into pvp zones.. Well they are. The people who never left the green last time probably may at least vendure this time into yellow/red because of the rep system. The rep system is a much better design for player retention and pushing people slowly to black. The non tryhard pvp players will probably play longer this beta since they won't be ground into dust as it's not possible with the current rep system.

I can't see how this is bad thing. If you want to die, just come to red. I almost died twice yesterday in red, and blazing and ruggan killed some idiot.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Me and Blazing just ruined some peoples rep.

Also people who don't know about blobs showing up on the map and setting up "traps" lol.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
You mean like eve.. ok right.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Game is cautiously good now...? There are still a few problems which need to be worked out.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

BadLlama posted:

The Rep system is loving stupid.

The reputation system is one change away from working very well. Whats stupid about it?

forge
Feb 26, 2006

BadLlama posted:

Being punished for killing mans when those mans don't lose anything at all? Whats the loving point?

The point of the rep system and rep lands is to give a area where peons don't get ground into dust by tryhards. The system that is currently working FOR us... because none of us can try hard. I would imagine the more people that can be carebears in the wonderland helps player retention.

Compared to last beta where you got to T4 and logged out forever, now you keep playing because you don't have to worry about your toe getting chopped the gently caress off because you stick it in a yellow/red zone.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

Zephyrine posted:

Forges rep is so high that bandits are blinded and then turned into dust from the sheer force of the rep hit they would take from simply pondering attacking him.

The rest of us get to Benny Hill it across the wasteland. Pockets filled to overflowing with exotic woods and stone.

Edit: No seriously. I saw him in town once. His rep icon was some Vatican relic. Like a cross made out of solid gold and encrusted with gems.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Now that the pvp rules have been relaxed, aka fixed. It's time to go red!

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I was asked to make this horrible post.. so I did.

Going red in albion means you are going to click the shield and drop all your rep and become hostile.

Understanding how rep works

When you are positive rep you can enter any area in the game. When you are negative rep you can still enter every area except cities. As denoted in the picture above. You lose access to all green and yellow cities when you are -250. You lose access to all red cities when you are -5,000. Thus you are banished to black areas. The docks in the royal islands are considered black and there will be a marketplace added there very soon. This will allow you to still get gear and get equipped in those areas.

I think we killed about 15 people while I was on last night and my rep at the lowest point was -110. The reason here is that if you kill other red players you actually get positive reputation. So you can work off the negative rep killing other reds. When you are -1 or lower rep you no longer get +rep for gathering or killing mobs. Not that you would want it because as soon as you flag you drop to -1 and suspicious.

Daily reputation recovery while "Suspicious" 300
Daily reputation recovery while "Infamous" 300
Daily reputation recovery while "Villainous"600
Daily reputation recovery while "Nefarious" 900
Daily reputation recovery while "Dreaded" 1200

The above are the daily passive rep you gain automatically to help work off bad rep. So if you are villainous you gain +600 rep a day until you are infamous. The system is now set up this way so that if you get "bad" rep you won't be exiled to black for more a week like previously. So at most

Flagging for PvP will reduce your reputation to -1 (Suspicious)

As discussed above as soon as you flag up you go to -1. You gain one rep every five minutes. This means if you flag up you are flagged for 5 minutes because it will take you at least 5 minutes to get 1 rep point to put you back at 0, at which point you can unflag as a hostile. You can kill a red if you can't wait five minutes.

You can no longer unflag for PvP while Suspicious

The biggest change is that you will show flagged in green zones but cannot attack other players.

Flag up and come kill tons of idiots with us on the Royal Islands. It's now a sea of blue because of the rep system.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
poo poo just got real..
https://albiononline.com/en/news/new-feature-killboard-1108

forge
Feb 26, 2006
lol @ https://albiononline.com/en/killboard/kill/461597

forge
Feb 26, 2006
The game still has some ups and downs that need to be worked out. But it's actually better now and I'm somewhat excited about release.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

FireWhizzle posted:

I for one am glad fun is being had. Keep having fun goons!

(I'm having a ton of fun not playing this, also)

cya at release

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Latest and greatest..
In structured fights (such as 5v5 GvG), while the power difference per tier is quite low at 9%, the effect on the outcome of the fight is often significant. Therefore, we are looking into making the top end item power curve flatter than it currently is - either globally, or just for 5v5 fights such as GvG and Hell Gates.

It took 3 years to listen, but they are..

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I have been camping a town for the last 3 days and killed well into the hundreds...

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Who actually talks in global to get banned by these shitstains?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forge
Feb 26, 2006
What community/playerbase?

• Locked thread