Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

bald gnome error posted:

once i was in the hospital w/food poisoning, so bad i was puking up bile and delirious and just sobbing nonstop, and of course making GBS threads liquid hell

right as i started to get back to a state where i could lie still without wanting to die forever, still in the hospital in the same sweated-through gown, i started my period

my crazy girlfriend at the time had accompanied me. right about this moment, she decided that it would be really hot to try and gently caress me in a hospital bed.

it was not hot. we did not gently caress

I was taken into hospital in March with appendicitis and I had my period. Now I'm due to have it taken out on Friday and I'm gonna have my period then. Just one of the things no one tells you about when you're longing to finally start at age 13.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
can't afford to go to the hospital

I'm gonna die of heart failure soon

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Ein cooler Typ posted:

can't afford to go to the hospital

I'm gonna die of heart failure soon

Of other makes you feel any better, friend, I probably can't afford this myself,, despite having insurance.

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer

feedmegin posted:

When I was 13 I had a groinal hernia and phimosis and I went into the hospital and they put me under general anaesthetic and chopped half my dick off then sliced into me just above my testicles welp that's my story.

I had scrotal hernias on both sides, one about a year after the other, when I was in my teens. I guess puberty triggered something in me that wanted me to have really huge balls, it just did it in a roundabout way? Thankfully they were both fixed and I have a normal scrote now.

I broke my collarbone sledding when I was 16.

I nearly cut my left middle finger off above the third knuckle with an electric hedge trimmer a few years ago. They sewed it back together and then wrapped it too tightly in gauze, so after I unwrapped it my entire finger was damaged and took longer to heal. That was the absolute WORST pain I've ever felt. Never do heavy damage to the tips of your fingers, it's like a hotline straight to your pain center. I felt so dumb when I realized that I just needed to ice it and it immediately felt better, though.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Just complain louder and louder and when they ask you to rate your pain on a scale of 1 to 10 say "7 or 8". They'll probably eventually give you dilaudid.

I have really high tolerance too like all drugs (I have to take higher than normal amounts of my prescriptions, and when I had my wisdom teeth out I woke up half way through even though I had the legal limit of anesthesia) and that is what I did, but the night nurse in the ICU was afraid that she was going to kill me if she gave me 1 mg of dilaudid instead of 0.5 mgs even though 1 mg is completely reasonable. I spent the whole night in some of the most intense pain I've ever experienced which was also keeping me from sleeping, the night ICU nurses solution to this was to try "breathing exercises", I was pretty pissed. Thankfully the day ICU nurse wasn't terrible and managed my pain really well and got it under control with a combo of the higher dose of dilaudid and oxy a few hours later, needless to say I didn't stop breathing and was fine.

I get that they have to be careful with powerful drugs like dilaudid, but come on was being closely monitored and they could intervene if anything went wrong, I felt like the night nurse was torturing me.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

You wanna talk torture, how about this hospital food, amirite! :grin:

jk, I'm in terrible pain right now. Send more drugs

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Page 3 still no Enfield?

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
I've had both lungs collapse within a month of each other.... A little bit after that I picked up smoking because I'm hosed anyway lol

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I would like to thank this time to thank The Lord for not making me sickly and weak like so many of you. People should only be hospitalized for whatever is about to kill them so that they may die hopped up on pain killers as God intended or giving birth while hopped up on pain killers, as God also intended

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

feedmegin posted:

When I was 13 I had a groinal hernia and phimosis and I went into the hospital and they put me under general anaesthetic and chopped half my dick off then sliced into me just above my testicles welp that's my story.

ya ther r a lot of jews on the forums

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Booblord Zagats posted:

I would like to thank this time to thank The Lord for not making me sickly and weak like so many of you. People should only be hospitalized for whatever is about to kill them so that they may die hopped up on pain killers as God intended or giving birth while hopped up on pain killers, as God also intended

Yes, but tbf, though, there is no God, so...

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I spent 4 days puking with no food and barely any water the entire time and I went to the accute care and I was so dehydrated my piss was orange. Turns out my bike duct was completely plugged for days, I eventually got my gallbladder removed, but the first person I saw at the hospital thought I had Hep C and that my liver had failed lol

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
I was born with Pyloric stenosis so when I was born I would not hold food down and had to be operated on. The doctor bragged to my parents about how the surgery was in the state of the art at the time and that the incision scar would never exceed an inch or so. Its now 26 years later and my scar is like 4 inches wide across my abdomen, one side of the scar seems to be attached to my muscle so I suspect this is why it continued to grow with me.

When I was 6 I got hit by a car that was driven by a guy who was speeding in a school zone. While I didn't have any injuries other than road rash I complained that I was tired immediately after so I was kept for a couple days for observation. I actually enjoyed the hospital quite a bit; they had kick rear end ice cream and I got to watch Edward Scissorhands!

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Had my appendix removed, without it actually needing to be removed. I had gone in there in the middle of the night with abdominal pain and swelling, they pumped me full of morphine and waited till late the next morning to look at me again, at which point I was in enough pain that they just rushed me into surgery without doing an ultrasound. Turns out my entire abdominal tract plus connective tissue was inflamed, except for the appendix. They removed it anyway seeing as they were already in there. Then I had to stay in for a few days to be pumped full of antibiotics to fix the actual problem. The only part that really sucked was when I needed a catheter because I was so swollen I couldn't pee. It took like two nursing students and finally an actual nurse to get it in, so at least I got my dillz touched by three girls.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
The most recent was maybe two years or so ago. hosed up my left knee, checked in to ER as workman's comp, got it wrapped, went right back to work after.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Watching hospital t.v.

This Baltimore D.A. is going off on the judge and outcome of the Freddie Gray stuff.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Moon Atari posted:

The only part that really sucked was when I needed a catheter because I was so swollen I couldn't pee. It took like two nursing students and finally an actual nurse to get it in, so at least I got my dillz touched by three girls.

This is my fetish

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

Moon Atari posted:

Had my appendix removed, without it actually needing to be removed. I had gone in there in the middle of the night with abdominal pain and swelling, they pumped me full of morphine and waited till late the next morning to look at me again, at which point I was in enough pain that they just rushed me into surgery without doing an ultrasound. Turns out my entire abdominal tract plus connective tissue was inflamed, except for the appendix. They removed it anyway seeing as they were already in there. Then I had to stay in for a few days to be pumped full of antibiotics to fix the actual problem. The only part that really sucked was when I needed a catheter because I was so swollen I couldn't pee. It took like two nursing students and finally an actual nurse to get it in, so at least I got my dillz touched by three girls.

what kind of swelling, etc/

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

The Bananana posted:

This is my fetish

I don't know if this helps, but my mum (who is also a nurse) was watching and kept giving the students advice and encouragement.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Moon Atari posted:

I don't know if this helps, but my mum (who is also a nurse) was watching and kept giving the students advice and encouragement.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
Cops broke into my house and tackled me threw me in a van and drove me to the hospital. Ended up stuck in psych ward for over a month. It was about as bad as I could imagine prison would be with no tv internet or entertainment of any kind. No going outside and the food was the blandest trash possible. When they finally let me out I didn't even get a certificate saying I was sane.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Dr. Josef Mengele posted:

Cops broke into my house and tackled me threw me in a van and drove me to the hospital. Ended up stuck in psych ward for over a month. It was about as bad as I could imagine prison would be with no tv internet or entertainment of any kind. No going outside and the food was the blandest trash possible. When they finally let me out I didn't even get a certificate saying I was sane.

Well, are you sane? :raise:

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

feedmegin posted:

wow how tiny is your dick that your foreskin made up half of it?

(i had this exact same situation when i was 5 except they only took my foreskin)

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

The Bananana posted:

Well, are you sane? :raise:

it appears he isnt a donkey brained retard

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ohnonotme
Jul 23, 2007
Yay!
Was taken to hospital after being shot by two gunmen yesterday while taking mass (I am a priest) - did not survive and was declared DOA.
Also had a twisted hernia when I was a kid - the scar was tiny apparently but it grew as I grew, so now it's about 5" long with big Frankenstein looking stitches.
It's pretty pale though, after nearly 40 years. I have to shave my pubes to really show it.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

jackyl posted:

never because I'm healthy and not broken

If you never had to go to the hospital you probably didn't do a lot of fun stuff.

Illusive Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004
RIP John McCain feel better xoxo 💋 🙏
Taco Defender
catheters make me want to die. I had a suprapubic catheter for a month in 2013.

when the doc tried to take it out the tube was kinked up so the balloon wouldn't deflate so he tries yanking it and my pelvis looked like an alien was about to burst out. also it hurt a lot and I have nightmares now

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Trip report: being unconscious kinda owns. It's like time travel. You close your eyes, and when you open them up its been like an hour or two.

Hot take: maybe death is just like this?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

The Bananana posted:

Yes, but tbf, though, there is no God, so...

There is, but he just thinks you're gross and sad so he avoids you

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Booblord Zagats posted:

There is, but he just thinks you're gross and sad so he avoids you

Are we talking about God, or my dad?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

The Bananana posted:

Are we talking about God, or my dad?

Maybe God is your dad? Does he have a beard, wear a robe and not really do much but claim to be involved in everything?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

i was phosphorized once

Enfield alt-account spotted

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

The Bananana posted:

Trip report: being unconscious kinda owns. It's like time travel. You close your eyes, and when you open them up its been like an hour or two.

Careful with that. When I woke up from anesthesia, I got surprise manscaped.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Two lots of pyelonephritis have sent me to hospital for a few days each time this year. Probably would've bankrupted me if I was American.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Who the hell refers to a disease occurrence as a "lot"? What kind of weird British colony are you from?

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Cool things you can do in the hospital:

-Lay there in the blankets!

-Watch The Price is Right!

-Hear the entire ward's electronics beeping, alarming, and so on!

-Have your family be bored the gently caress out of their mind though they love you!

-Wish someone would close your goddamn door!

It's truly a vacation.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Are you allowed to play Gameboy DS in the hospital if your mom brings it to you?

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Dely Apple posted:

lol I don't get why this is so hard. I've gotten up still hooked up to everything just to close the door without the nurse knowing because gently caress the noise outside of my room, I'm trying to sleep assholes.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

notZaar posted:

Are you allowed to play Gameboy DS in the hospital if your mom brings it to you?

Hell yeah. That Link to the Past game they remade for it was pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Dely Apple posted:

Cool things you can do in the hospital:

-Lay there in the blankets!

-Watch The Price is Right!

-Hear the entire ward's electronics beeping, alarming, and so on!

-Have your family be bored the gently caress out of their mind though they love you!

It's truly a vacation.

I did all these things

• Locked thread