Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
One day I couldn't breathe and had crushing chest pains. Now, you would think I would get immediate medical attention, but instead I waited 18 hours and then went to the ER. They took my pulse, which was 250 beats per minute, and then gave me adenosine to return my heart to a normal rhythm. Adenosine normally causes a feeling of impending doom when it's injected, but I already had that so I didn't notice much in the way of psychiatric effects, it just made my ability to breath go from minimal to nil for about 15 seconds. I was diagnosed with Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome, which normally is diagnosed in childhood, and let go the next day with a prescription for metoprolol. They ablated the accessory electrical pathway a few months later and I haven't had any problems since then.

Also every time I've ever had a seizure in public. People just don't loving believe you when you tell them it happens all the time and you'd rather not pay for an ambulance, the loving cunts, they should have to pay for it if they're so goddamn worried about me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Zzulu posted:

you pay for ambulances?

Yeah it's like $100 a mile, this country is fuckin gay, we should sell a couple of our nukes and set up a NHS.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

They usually just fix you up, you say "I can't pay", they say "Don't worry about it" and then they lower your credit rating.

At least this is my understanding, I've always been able to pay... After a cash gift from my rich-ish dad.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

notZaar posted:

Holy poo poo dude. How many years of your life do you think you lost by revving your heart to the end of the red zone for 18 hours? My guess is 10.

I asked them that and they told me based on the test results probably none.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Just complain louder and louder and when they ask you to rate your pain on a scale of 1 to 10 say "7 or 8". They'll probably eventually give you dilaudid.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

William Stoner posted:

Yes, I have once. It extended my remission period significantly.

I really wish it was regulated and I could get it through a pharmacy with quality control and all that. I didn't even have a recreational dose (3.5g) I had 1g. I barely felt like I was tripping, but it helped a lot.

They're trivially easy to grow, you know. It's even legal to grow them in some states as long as it's for "educational purposes" and you "don't" harvest them.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

William Stoner posted:

I've never head about the educational purposes piece.

Maybe it was some other lame justification I heard, I just know it's a million times easier to do it and not get caught than it is to do with pot. Also it's fun and makes you feel like a wizard or something.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Oh yeah, when I had my first major seizure that I knew about* (since I was like 3) around the age of 19 or 20, I broke my nose. In the ER they gave me morphine, which didn't work, so they gave me a double dose, which didn't work, so they gave me another, which didn't work, so they gave me dilaudid, which didn't work, so they gave me a double dose, which didn't work, and so on several more times. I was wide awake and surly. The anti-inflammatory they gave me worked the best. My physician dad later told me he'd never seen anything like it and that it would have been a fatal OD for anyone else outside of a hospital setting. So morphine and dilaudid don't work on me for whatever reason. For some reason hydrocodone and oxycodone work fine (with quadruple doses at least), though. Go figure.

William Stoner posted:

I can't imagine how microdosing would work based on the extreme tolerance a person builds.

It would function only as a placebo, like normal doses of smart drugs.

*I had one when I was 12 and then when I was 13, but nobody saw and I didn't hurt myself so I had no idea.

Nigmaetcetera fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jul 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Better head back to your new home away from home.

• Locked thread