Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Luminous Obscurity posted:

TBH white culture sounds like a good idea. They should give it a shot.

no please, the world can't stand yet another show about people looking to buy a tiny house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Brainiac Five posted:

screeching about cvckoldry counters your pitiful attempts to veil your racism

Sure, I'll make sure to continue to not do those very things because I'd hate to miss you, blue star, and PTD sharing your wisdom herein

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
As I understand, "white culture" is basically the same as "western culture". And today its everywhere around the globe, for good or bad. Its so omnipresent that is really sometimes hard to see.

Curiously, the very own ideals of freedom, equality and racionality that drive us into condemning white-people for racism sexism and etc are part of the "white culture"

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

gobbagool posted:

Sure, I'll make sure to continue to not do those very things because I'd hate to miss you, blue star, and PTD sharing your wisdom herein

This is gibberish. Go back to calling people educated stupid.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Elias_Maluco posted:

As I understand, "white culture" is basically the same as "western culture". And today its everywhere around the globe, for good or bad. Its so omnipresent that is really sometimes hard to see.

Curiously, the very own ideals of freedom, equality and racionality that drive us into condemning white-people for racism sexism and etc are part of the "white culture"

Only whites believe in those things? Wow.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Brainiac Five posted:

This is gibberish. Go back to calling people educated stupid.

Ok so you and BS are both trolls or clever bots. Doesn't explain PTD though

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Elias_Maluco posted:

when did white people invent freedom?

also i have that goober guy on ignore but how many of his recent posts did he call me out in

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

gobbagool posted:

Elias, exhibit A for your viewing pleasure. I'm pretty sure he's a troll, but watch Popular Thug Drink fall in line because he wants sooooooo badly for it to be true

Oh boo hoo hoo. Little white boy can't handle reality. What else is new?

Also I'm a trans woman. A white trans woman. Deal with it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

gobbagool posted:

Also, I'm hardly saying that everyone but me is uneducated, only the peculiar brand of d&d alt-history leftists that see everything through the lens of "amerikka bad" and think that slavery didn't exist before it did in NA. Its dumb, ahistorical, and not supported by fact.

Possibly people are aware that slavery, as a concept, did exist a long time ago, but are simply suspicious of people who like to point that out because it is, with remarkable preponderance, used as an apologetic?

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Blue Star posted:

Oh boo hoo hoo. Little white boy can't handle reality. What else is new?

Also I'm a trans woman. A white trans woman. Deal with it.

You're either bad at lying or a supremely bitter person with your manosphere-grade arguments about women's looks.

(P.S.: If you're going to whine about this please reread by putting "As a trans woman I think" in front)

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Agnosticnixie posted:

You're either bad at lying or a supremely bitter person with your manosphere-grade arguments about women's looks.

(P.S.: If you're going to whine about this please reread by putting "As a trans woman I think" in front)

I'm not going to doxx myself for your benefit. I dont really care if you think I'm lying about being trans or not. I'm a semi-regular poster in the e/n trans thread (though not very well liked, admittedly) and I've posted about being trans for, like, years at this point.

Edited to add: what does this have to do with the thread topic?

Blue Star fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jul 28, 2016

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Blue Star posted:

I'm not going to doxx myself for your benefit. I dont really care if you think I'm lying about being trans or not. I'm a semi-regular poster in the e/n trans thread (though not very well liked, admittedly) and I've posted about being trans for, like, years at this point.

It's really hard for me to imagine that you're not well liked, what with your agreeable nature, and charming personality!

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

OwlFancier posted:

Possibly people are aware that slavery, as a concept, did exist a long time ago, but are simply suspicious of people who like to point that out because it is, with remarkable preponderance, used as an apologetic?

Possibly, though none of those people are posting in this thread

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

gobbagool posted:

It's really hard for me to imagine that you're not well liked, what with your agreeable nature, and charming personality!

Don't talk to yourself.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Blue Star posted:

Edited to add: what does this have to do with the thread topic?

That was a rhetorical statement.

Also the bitter nonsense carries over a broad variety of subjects to a degree where you seem to have no awareness, self or otherwise. I guess it's a small relief that at least you're not a /pol/-addled trans woman.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Luminous Obscurity posted:

TBH white culture sounds like a good idea. They should give it a shot.

Way to appropriate an Indian man's joke you imperialist.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

on point

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

white culture is racism baiting for SA probates

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Brainiac Five posted:

Only whites believe in those things? Wow.

Believe is the wrong word. Own is more apt. Without his consent, you ain't getting it.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

gobbagool posted:

I think is maybe the bottom, the self-appointed conservative culture warrior too dumb to realize he's arguing with a really transparent mock-leftist troll in a thread about white supremacy.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Well this went to gas chamber level fast. Also this is white culture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiyLtMPuWRA

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
stoicism i think? not the philosophy. seems like a white people thing. it's how i was raised

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
This is white culture, OP.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
What is culture?

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SunAndSpring posted:

[citation needed]

How about all of human history? The Egyptians didn't use slaves to build the pyramids; they were built by free workers who were paid a wage for their labor. Chattel slavery really got started with the Greeks and the Romans, especially the Romans. This started a trend that culminated in the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade. The Chinese didn't do that. The Egyptians didn't do that. The Muslims didn't do that. The Indians didn't do that.

As for gender binary, again, go do some research. Other cultures had gender non-conformity and acceptance of homosexuality. White people didn't. I'm a white trans women, and the reason why that's relevant is because we are a relatively knew phenomenon: trans people of color pioneered this poo poo, and were there from the very beginning. They were the first. Same goes for gay and lesbian rights: it was always people of color who were fighting for it. White LGBT appropriated these things. White people invented pederasty, though.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Blue Star posted:

White people invented pederasty, though.
No, that was Greeks.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Blue Star posted:

How about all of human history? The Egyptians didn't use slaves to build the pyramids; they were built by free workers who were paid a wage for their labor. Chattel slavery really got started with the Greeks and the Romans, especially the Romans. This started a trend that culminated in the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade. The Chinese didn't do that. The Egyptians didn't do that. The Muslims didn't do that. The Indians didn't do that.

As for gender binary, again, go do some research. Other cultures had gender non-conformity and acceptance of homosexuality. White people didn't. I'm a white trans women, and the reason why that's relevant is because we are a relatively knew phenomenon: trans people of color pioneered this poo poo, and were there from the very beginning. They were the first. Same goes for gay and lesbian rights: it was always people of color who were fighting for it. White LGBT appropriated these things. White people invented pederasty, though.

Man, the gender binary was a big thing in Southwest Asia after the Abrahamic religions kicked off, possibly even before then. Also, China had slaves, it was forced labor that built the Great Wall. Also Japan had a slave class before contact with the Portuguese, most of Africa had some form of household slavery prior to the Trans-Atlantic Trade, the Northwest Coast natives had slavery pre-contact, and it was brutal stuff, and the Aztecs also had slavery, again pre-contact. Your sources are wrong and you're wrong.

KiteAuraan fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Jul 28, 2016

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Blue Star posted:

The abrahamic religions don't come from white people, the gender binary was significantly more porous in Europe before they took over. Egypt had slaves, just not to build the pyramids, gauls had, at most, household slavery (there's none of the slave pens you find in Rome before conquest but hints from native irish and welsh law they might have had some degree of it prior, except most of it was codified well after roman influence was a thing), and rome -> chattel slavery as a trend is stupidly linear, slavery (rather than just serfdom) dropped in the middle east and Europe past the fall of Rome, and only really kicked back in full gear around the time of the crusades for the muslim world, and with the settling of macaronesia in western Europe (despite efforts by both sides to at least ban the purchase of slaves of their own religion, which turned north Africa into a massive grey market for slavery for both catholic Europe (Spain and Italy esp) and the Arab/Persian/Turkish muslim heartlands since nobody really gave a poo poo what happens in Algiers).

One of the most powerful muslim states in east Africa was a massive center of the slave trade.

Also the first documented dedicated gay rights activist in Europe is an almost forgotten Hungarian author who was probably trans based on writings, and that was well before the US lgbt movement. The oldest mentions of trans we know include roman and greek authors with things that are very clearly dysphoria. You're still dumb.

Agnosticnixie fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Jul 28, 2016

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
lol, Blue Star's posting history is a treasure trove.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Anyway, white culture, what about hot rods, rat rods and crap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yisBosYO8J8

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

White culture is white people posting on the internet about how much they hate white people.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Blue Star posted:

Fake critical theory versions of history bore and annoy me. They also put you in the position of advancing a narrative more idiotic than "Killing Lincoln" by Bill O'Reilly's ghostwriter.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Blue Star posted:

Banjo music was stolen from Africans, though. Yep, even hillbilly bluegrass music isn't white, but black. Even country music was stolen by whites, not just rock and roll.

Music is theft. -- Pierre-Joseph Cobain

byob historian fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Jul 28, 2016

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

Music is theft.

No music ever happened in Europe before the discovery of the Americas.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

steinrokkan posted:

No music ever happened in Europe before the discovery of the Americas.
im sorry whats that? i cant hear you

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Fister Roboto posted:

White culture is white people posting on the internet about how much they hate white people.

White culture is adult age doughy men throwing tantrums because someone mentioned triggering.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
If slavery only "got started" by "white people" (whatever that may mean as a transhistorical concept), one may wonder at the references to slavery in e.g. the code of Ur-Nammu — slaves that had exchange value and were flogged for talking back and were chased down when they ran away.

KiteAuraan posted:

Your sources are wrong and you're wrong.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

One word OP: singer-songwriter

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
White Culture is the cultural heritage associated with white people. It is hard to nail down because 'white people' is a nebulous grouping at best as it fluctuated and adds and drops members seemingly at random. Do you count Scandinavians? The Irish? Britain? Because of this a strict definition is almost impossible to make so you're better off talking about smaller, but similar, groupings of 'white people' like nationality, or even region specific cultural differences like comparing the American Deep South to the peoples living around and near the Rocky Mountain Range. I hope this helps you, and everyone else posting in this thread, OP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Blue Star posted:

Saying things you would like to be true does, in fact, not make them true. Even Wikipedia has dozens upon dozens of sources citing chattel slavery being a thing right across the world as a product of agriculture.

On your second point, the ancient Greeks were famously fabulous, by your definition white, and pederasty? Invented by white people? Even if it were true that the first bit of man-boy sodomy was conducted by a pasty looking blonde-haired-blue-eyed peado-honky there is absolutely no way for you to know that. Either you are trolling, or you have taken white apologism to breathtaking new heights.

• Locked thread