Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Has anyone said "sour cream" or "yogurt" yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
^^^^^^^^
Case in point

Immortan posted:

The whiteness is the best part of you though, no?

Other people's obsession with SedanChair's ethnicity never ceases to bewilder me. How pathetic is your life that you're devoting so much energy towards "exposing" it?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Immortan posted:

lol what. people talk about it in every subforum,

Where, exactly? Like, which threads specifically has people discussing that SedanChair isn't actually half-black?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Immortan posted:

If you look white, would it be fair to say that your white genes were dominant genes and your black genes were recessive genes? Does this mimic the colonial era in your opinion?

Your really desperate for any validation of white superiority, aren't you?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Immortan posted:

No, its a moral position to expose self hating whites posing as blacks. its one of the more sinister aspects of white privilege

So where else is it being done, again? I mean, if it's in every subforum you should be able to give me, say, five examples really easily, right?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Brainiac Five posted:

50 years ago you'd be saying blacks just don't want to move into your redlined suburb. 100 years ago you'd be saying segregation benefits both races. 150 years ago, you'd be cheering on the Mississippi Black Codes. The words change, but the meaning behind them remains the same.

He's about five posts away from saying harassing a black person is for their own good. Maybe less.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
drat, I knew I overshot my guess.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Immortan posted:

White people posing as blacks minimizes the black experience more than any white supremacist could dream of.

And how do you know he isn't bi-racial, again? Is it because you just really don't want him to be?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Puistokemisti posted:

SedanChair said himself that he passes as white to other white people in this very thread. :shrug:

But that doesn't make him not bi-racial. You realize that, right?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

an skeleton posted:

gently caress white pride but really gently caress any pride that is based off of genetic heritage imo

Yeah, how dare minorities feel any kind of positive emotion like pride!

Now tell us how "actually all lives matter".

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

steinrokkan posted:

pride is a mortal sin

Sin is a lie.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

an skeleton posted:

How did you derive that from what I said?

I've done this whole song and dance so many times I tend to just jump to the endgame to save a lot of time.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

So were you lying when you said this:

an skeleton posted:

gently caress white pride but really gently caress any pride that is based off of genetic heritage imo

Or are you lying now?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

an skeleton posted:

I was being hyperbolic, not lying. I don't think black pride per se is bad, and is quite defensible or useful to have, but in the end I think we have to move past all forms of racial pride. Just my opinion, ese.

Why should we move away from it? What's the problem with ethnic pride that it needs to be stamped out of society forever?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

an skeleton posted:

I definitely don't think it needs to be "stamped out".

Then why should people with ethnic pride go gently caress themselves?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

an skeleton posted:

i didnt say that

an skeleton posted:

gently caress any pride that is based off of genetic heritage imo

Just because it's not on the current page doesn't mean it didn't happen. Posts you made don't just disappear into the aether, you know.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Why do you think you know how to spend people's "idea dollars" better than they do? And yes, you obviously do believe that, otherwise you wouldn't have a problem with it.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

an skeleton posted:

lmao, keep telling people what they believe I guess..?

And yet in the exact same post you say:

quote:

in my view, i dont think "racial pride" is the optimal way to do it

what exactly is the issue

So why don't you believe it is the optimal way to do "it" (whatever "it" might be)?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

an skeleton posted:

Uh, are you implying you think "racial pride" is the best way to improve society?

I'm asking you to explain why you think you know better than people with racial pride.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

an skeleton posted:

I'd prefer to ask you why you think racial pride is a concept worth defending.

I'm shocked, shocked I say, that you would prefer to dodge an uncomfortable question.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

an skeleton posted:

Not dodging, I don't know how to answer. I'm not saying no one should feel pride ever in things they identify with. I'm saying that I don't believe it needs to be a promulgated force in society.

And why do you believe that? Why shouldn't parents teach their children to be proud of who they are?

Edit:

That's six too many
VVVVVVV

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jul 31, 2016

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Immortan posted:

Black Power movement is a racist ideology according to SPLC, dumbass.

I searched "Black Power" on their website and what came up most were White Power groups. Weird, huh?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Crowsbeak posted:

I love how people say they are against racism but then try to cling to ideas like "biracial".

I don't think you know what racism actually is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Gibbis Fourthmeal posted:

I love how people are for multiculturalism but then try to put down American culture.

Are you saying only white people are American?

• Locked thread