Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
White culture is self-hating and privilege-checjing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
There was plenty of slavery everywhere in the world before XVI century, including in Africa. Are you people are seriously disputing that?

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
As I understand, "white culture" is basically the same as "western culture". And today its everywhere around the globe, for good or bad. Its so omnipresent that is really sometimes hard to see.

Curiously, the very own ideals of freedom, equality and racionality that drive us into condemning white-people for racism sexism and etc are part of the "white culture"

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

wateroverfire posted:

Virtually any public or private bureaucracy for starters. Compare to same in latin america and prepare to ROFL.

This raises an interesting question: is latin america part of the "white culture"? Being that it was colonized by white people and, to this day, in most places the government and institutions are mostly ruled by white people

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

wateroverfire posted:

Latin American cultures are very different from anything you could call white culture. If they were included the term would have no meaning.

The elites here in Brazil would disagree, they consider themselves pretty white and western

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
One thing is for certain: there nothing whiter than this kind of public self blaming and self bashing

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Jerry Cotton posted:

Counterpoint:

What the hell is this thing? Looks like Im not white enough to get it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

SedanChair posted:

Where are you seeing this? It seems like you've conjured it out of your own imaginings.

Besides, only the most pathetic and unaccomplished of whites would hang their hat on "white culture" as a whole. Forget your culture, what have you done personally?

Here and everywhere.

And Im not even white

• Locked thread