Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

awesome-express posted:

Sauna
Mämmi
Simo Häyhä

:henget:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Oh hey did I miss food chat? Doesn't matter because this is White Culture dot a v i:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjwrZ1-WjsI&t=236s

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Elias_Maluco posted:

One thing is for certain: there nothing whiter than this kind of public self blaming and self bashing

Counterpoint:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Elias_Maluco posted:

What the hell is this thing? Looks like Im not white enough to get it

Sausage mug. Only 6:50.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ah yes he's 50% human and 50% human.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Since race in the sense it is being discussed in this thread is 100% a social construct, you can only be one race in any given situation.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Crowsbeak posted:

Please gas chamber this thread.

Move it to GBS, I just noticed it wasn't already there.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SedanChair posted:

Really, I cannot show enough appreciation for all the racists who deny my identity. I really skated by for my whole life without truly understanding what it is to be targeted by bigots: I was always just an onlooker watching the targeting of others. Because I looked like Fred Savage.

Now I really get it. I have these warring impulses within me: to disengage completely, to just hurl abuse at everyone, to try and politely answer everyone. It's really tiring. You can never win with these sons of bitches.

I'm really sorry to hear that. If I looked like Fred Savage and identified as a goon, I don't know what I'd do.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

an skeleton posted:

gently caress white pride but really gently caress any pride that is based off of genetic heritage imo

I like milk though.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Consider my life hacked.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

an skeleton posted:

No.

edit: Obviously you need to define bad, define black pride, etc. for the answer to be precise.

Oh but you don't need to define pride?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

an skeleton posted:

Yeah I mean you probably need to define all of the terms. Assuming pride is just "positive feelings towards the accomplishments of" then there is nothing wrong with it.

I call that feeling the "I like how", not pride.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

an skeleton posted:

Actually, yeah, great point. What the gently caress is pride

Well in my culture it means thinking you're better than someone else.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

an skeleton posted:

please dont be mean. this is debate and discussion

Debate, Discussion & A Nice Wank

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

In a thread obsessed about identity, people seem to be quite happy to ignore that identities have their own semantic universes attached to them. Isn't is quite obvious that when a white guy is talking about how pride based on ethnicity is a bad concept, his meaning is quite different from the similar language used when talking about black pride? The two have different experiences and different frames of reference, so pretending that just because they use the same words, they are conveying the same meaning, means that you are either profoundly ignorant, or arguing in bad faith.

This doesn't really hold water.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Schizotek posted:

"Work ethic" is an invention by the laziest group of people on the planet to justify their own collective wealth and privilege and to con the people who actually work into not trying to improve their lot in life at the expense of the gravy train. This group is, coincidentally, also ground zero for the generic unthinking reactionary politics that's responsible for more racial and religious violence than the Klan and every terrorist group on the planet could ever hope to achieve by way of impulsive apathetic endorsement.

Valuing hard work is a great thing in a rural agrarian society where the amount of work done directly affects the physical well-being of both individuals and the community as a whole.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Brainiac Five posted:

Someone should have told the medieval peasants who ended up declaring a third of the year holidays this.

I have no idea what you're trying to say here.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Brainiac Five posted:

If peasants in an extremely agrarian society valued hard work, why did they push continuously for more time off?

If you think their "time off" did not include doing quite a bit of necessary work, you're very ignorant.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Brainiac Five posted:

Why were they valuing holidays and festivals instead of valuing hard work? Like, your argument is based around values, so you arguing on something other than the level of values is ridiculous.

I didn't even know I'd made an argument. I'm merely stating facts here.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

You suck.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Schizotek posted:

Rural agrarian society where most of the work benefits the community instead of some sort of landlord hasn't existed in Western society in a meaningful way in over five hundred loving years.

Having a landlord who literally steals 90% of what you work for makes working hard all the more important now doesn't it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Anyway, 500 years isn't exactly a long time.

• Locked thread