Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
All Africa is black or tawny. Asia chiefly tawny. America (exclusive of the new Comers) wholly so. And in Europe, the Spaniards, Italians, French, Russians and Swedes, are generally of what we call a swarthy Complexion; as are the Germans also, the Saxons only excepted, who with the English, make the principal Body of White People on the Face of the Earth. - Benjamin Franklin

There you have it, in the words of a holy Founder; White Culture is English (and north west German) culture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Samog posted:

moses, pharaoh, they know none of it
That's good, as there is no evidence the people of Israel were enslaved by the Egyptians.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Blue Star posted:

White people invented pederasty, though.
No, that was Greeks.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Pantsuit posted:

Yeah I get you. I see them bringing up the Arab slave trade/Barbary pirates enslaving 3 million Europeans (and honestly i wonder how much truth their are to these claims) in order to downplay it as well. I normally bring up the fact that white Europeans aren't suffering oppression from Barbary pirates as a consequence of slavery, whereas black people are still suffering oppression under whites as a consequence of their enslavement. I think they don't really give a poo poo, though.
The people enslaved by Arab slave traders ended up assimilated into North African/Middle Eastern states, where they today live much worse lives than the Europeans who didn't get taken, being oppressed/bombed/shot by both local groups, or the same by outside powers.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Ze Pollack posted:

as opposed to the definitely cohesive and meaningful term that encompasses South Africa, Spain, Germany, and Serbia.
South Africa is black.

Elias_Maluco posted:

The elites here in Brazil would disagree, they consider themselves pretty white and western
Well, they'd get bananas thrown at them here in Europe, so their opinions on their whiteness is clearly wrong.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Kopijeger posted:

Which raises an obvious question: What is Black Culture? And, for that matter, what is "Brown", "Yellow" or even "Red" culture?
Black culture is the culture you get when white people oppress Africans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

HorseLord posted:

Now white supremacy has wrapped around to American whites being racially impure and therefore degenerate. Lovely.
That has been conventional wisdom for decades outside America.

• Locked thread