Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
White people don't really have any culture. Everything was stolen from people with actual culture. Music, food, technology, everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Banjo music was stolen from Africans, though. Yep, even hillbilly bluegrass music isn't white, but black. Even country music was stolen by whites, not just rock and roll.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

BigRed0427 posted:

Another question I just realized. Has anyone found examples of weird anti Irish, Italian, some other group of white people that is still discriminated in back woods parts of the US today?

No. And they were never oppressed to begin with. Irish, Italians, etc. have always been considered white.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Also, when I say that whites stole all of their culture, I'm talking about ALL OF IT, not just white American culture. This goes back centuries. The Greeks and Romans stole poo poo from the Egyptians. Philosophy, architecture, technology, everything. All through history. The Renaissance was started by stealing poo poo from Muslims. All those Italian paintings that everyone likes? Stolen. All that music? Stolen.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

gobbagool posted:

Correct. All non 'white' cultures were originalist in nature, and have never interacted with any other cultures. All cultural appropriation is a unique (white!) American evil, sort of like how this works;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCcvexAXEjM

the punchline is:

I started giving quizzes to my juniors and seniors. I gave them a ten-question American history test… just to see where they are. The vast majority of my students - I’m talking nine out of ten, in every single class, for seven consecutive years – they have no idea that slavery existed anywhere in the world before the United States. Moses, Pharaoh, they know none of it. They’re 100% convinced that slavery is a uniquely American invention… How do you give an adequate view of history and culture to kids when that’s what they think of their own country – that America invented slavery? That’s all they know.

tldr; evil didn't exist before white americans

Slavery didn't originate with America, but it did originate with white people. So did cultural appropriation, homophobia, and the gender binary.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
gobbagool, facts are facts. White people are responsible for pretty much all of slavery, going back thousands of years. Look up the ancient Greeks and Romans, they all owned slaves. Slavery in Egypt was virtually unknown. Same for Mesopotamia, India, China, etc. Sub-Saharan African slavery and Native American slavery are also inventions by white historians. There's a very clear causal relationship between the slavery practiced by ancient whites and that practiced by whites in the 1600s-1800s.

White people also invented sexism and homophobia, too. Other races had more fluid concepts of gender and sexuality. It was white people who decided that everyone has to fit into a certain hole and that certain forms of consensual sex are wrong. Racism, sexism, homophobia, patriarchy, slavery: whites did all of it. All of it

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

gobbagool posted:

Elias, exhibit A for your viewing pleasure. I'm pretty sure he's a troll, but watch Popular Thug Drink fall in line because he wants sooooooo badly for it to be true

Oh boo hoo hoo. Little white boy can't handle reality. What else is new?

Also I'm a trans woman. A white trans woman. Deal with it.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Agnosticnixie posted:

You're either bad at lying or a supremely bitter person with your manosphere-grade arguments about women's looks.

(P.S.: If you're going to whine about this please reread by putting "As a trans woman I think" in front)

I'm not going to doxx myself for your benefit. I dont really care if you think I'm lying about being trans or not. I'm a semi-regular poster in the e/n trans thread (though not very well liked, admittedly) and I've posted about being trans for, like, years at this point.

Edited to add: what does this have to do with the thread topic?

Blue Star fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jul 28, 2016

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SunAndSpring posted:

[citation needed]

How about all of human history? The Egyptians didn't use slaves to build the pyramids; they were built by free workers who were paid a wage for their labor. Chattel slavery really got started with the Greeks and the Romans, especially the Romans. This started a trend that culminated in the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade. The Chinese didn't do that. The Egyptians didn't do that. The Muslims didn't do that. The Indians didn't do that.

As for gender binary, again, go do some research. Other cultures had gender non-conformity and acceptance of homosexuality. White people didn't. I'm a white trans women, and the reason why that's relevant is because we are a relatively knew phenomenon: trans people of color pioneered this poo poo, and were there from the very beginning. They were the first. Same goes for gay and lesbian rights: it was always people of color who were fighting for it. White LGBT appropriated these things. White people invented pederasty, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Crowsbeak posted:

I love how people say they are against racism but then try to cling to ideas like "biracial".

Race is a biological reality. White people really are biologically different from other races. And white people really do have fundamentally inferior qualities that are innate, congenital, and immutable.

:)

• Locked thread