Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

gobbagool posted:

Or any other slaves, anywhere, ever, before the unique historical evil of slavery in North America. I also understand that before the North American invasion, no native peoples had ever been forced off their land, anywhere, ever. I bet you have some facts about the so called holocaust that you would love to share with us too, so please don't hold back!

immediately freaking out about how everyone but you is educated wrong is definitely the wrong way to gain an audience for your views. im not gonna go back and read your previous posts but i can assume they are really bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

gobbagool posted:

And who better to judge what's a really bad post

the bold academic technique of substantiating your arguments through shitposting

"transatlantic slavery is NBD because you're a cvck, nerdling"

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Elias_Maluco posted:

There was plenty of slavery everywhere in the world before XVI century, including in Africa. Are you people are seriously disputing that?

no, i think it's the one guy saying that. same dude is also banging the table and yelling that everyone is educated wrongly in the manner of Gene Ray

the more reasonable interpretation is that transatlantic chattel slavery was notably worse than slavery as practiced elsewhere in human history. surprising nobody, white supremacists really love alternate historiography that tries to diminish the transatlantic slave trade

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
wow i've never triggered anyone so hard in four posts. you must be a big old loser to hate me so bad even though i've never posted at you before afaik

anyway just screaming and crying about the marxist conspiracy in education doesn't actually convince anyone that you're right, calm down and try again

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Luminous Obscurity posted:

TBH white culture sounds like a good idea. They should give it a shot.

no please, the world can't stand yet another show about people looking to buy a tiny house

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Elias_Maluco posted:

Curiously, the very own ideals of freedom, equality and racionality that drive us into condemning white-people for racism sexism and etc are part of the "white culture"

when did white people invent freedom?

also i have that goober guy on ignore but how many of his recent posts did he call me out in

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Pantsuit posted:

Also I don't think anybody is claiming that only whites practice slavery, apart from that one troll, but wasn't transactlantic slavery unique simply for its epic scale and brutality? It was the biggest forced migration in human history after all.

aside from the scale and brutality ,the biggest problem with early modern transatlantic chattel slavery is that it dehumanized slaves to a never before seen degree and reduced them to the status of livestock / a commodity rather than "a person who i can tell to do things but still a person with (some) rights and feelings and stuff" and was based largely along racial lines rather than class lines. the majority of african slaves of this era were bought and worked to death like disposable, replacable parts on caribbean/south american sugar plantations. comparatively north america got a much smaller proportion of slaves and there wasn't an economic incentive to work them literally until they dropped dead in the cane fields. you have to go back to rome to find another example of the death of slaves being one of the terms of their enslavement

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
itt goons argue about hipsters for seven+ pages

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
no thanks nordic food is hot dog poo poo

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3194h-akJX0

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Wild Horses posted:

thats basically like the tribesmen from some jungle do when dumb gently caress backpackers come rolling: feed them some tapir balls raw like its a delicacy

yeah i'm sure sweden just cans novelty horrible food as a big practical joke on the rest of the world uh huh

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Wild Horses posted:

its eaten in a special way you thick bastard, it needs preparation. It's like eating salted cod like it is, instead of preparing it for its delicious, tender meat

yeah, unlike most foods it is eaten outdoors, so the horrible rancid smell does not haunt your kitchen like a malevolent ghost

me, personally, i prefer foods to smell good, and not, bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
if the high point of your national cusine is "basically fish stew and winter vegetables" then it and I have a problem

• Locked thread