Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Blue Star posted:

No. And they were never oppressed to begin with. Irish, Italians, etc. have always been considered white.

There's documented cases of lynchings of italians in the east at least.

Oh, you're a dumbass, okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Blue Star posted:

Oh boo hoo hoo. Little white boy can't handle reality. What else is new?

Also I'm a trans woman. A white trans woman. Deal with it.

You're either bad at lying or a supremely bitter person with your manosphere-grade arguments about women's looks.

(P.S.: If you're going to whine about this please reread by putting "As a trans woman I think" in front)

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Blue Star posted:

I'm not going to doxx myself for your benefit. I dont really care if you think I'm lying about being trans or not. I'm a semi-regular poster in the e/n trans thread (though not very well liked, admittedly) and I've posted about being trans for, like, years at this point.

Edited to add: what does this have to do with the thread topic?

That was a rhetorical statement.

Also the bitter nonsense carries over a broad variety of subjects to a degree where you seem to have no awareness, self or otherwise. I guess it's a small relief that at least you're not a /pol/-addled trans woman.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Blue Star posted:

How about all of human history? The Egyptians didn't use slaves to build the pyramids; they were built by free workers who were paid a wage for their labor. Chattel slavery really got started with the Greeks and the Romans, especially the Romans. This started a trend that culminated in the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade. The Chinese didn't do that. The Egyptians didn't do that. The Muslims didn't do that. The Indians didn't do that.

As for gender binary, again, go do some research. Other cultures had gender non-conformity and acceptance of homosexuality. White people didn't. I'm a white trans women, and the reason why that's relevant is because we are a relatively knew phenomenon: trans people of color pioneered this poo poo, and were there from the very beginning. They were the first. Same goes for gay and lesbian rights: it was always people of color who were fighting for it. White LGBT appropriated these things. White people invented pederasty, though.

The abrahamic religions don't come from white people, the gender binary was significantly more porous in Europe before they took over. Egypt had slaves, just not to build the pyramids, gauls had, at most, household slavery (there's none of the slave pens you find in Rome before conquest but hints from native irish and welsh law they might have had some degree of it prior, except most of it was codified well after roman influence was a thing), and rome -> chattel slavery as a trend is stupidly linear, slavery (rather than just serfdom) dropped in the middle east and Europe past the fall of Rome, and only really kicked back in full gear around the time of the crusades for the muslim world, and with the settling of macaronesia in western Europe (despite efforts by both sides to at least ban the purchase of slaves of their own religion, which turned north Africa into a massive grey market for slavery for both catholic Europe (Spain and Italy esp) and the Arab/Persian/Turkish muslim heartlands since nobody really gave a poo poo what happens in Algiers).

One of the most powerful muslim states in east Africa was a massive center of the slave trade.

Also the first documented dedicated gay rights activist in Europe is an almost forgotten Hungarian author who was probably trans based on writings, and that was well before the US lgbt movement. The oldest mentions of trans we know include roman and greek authors with things that are very clearly dysphoria. You're still dumb.

Agnosticnixie fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Jul 28, 2016

• Locked thread