Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments
I am shocked (not shocked) that someone is essentially making an analog to the time preference argument concerning black people in this thread.

Next you will suggest that All Lives Matter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments
* makes a statement of fact *

You're just, like, clinging to ideas maaaan

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments

Gibbis Fourthmeal posted:

I love how people are for multiculturalism but then try to put down American culture.

So today I have learned that multiculturalism implies that everything should be uncritically accepted, and that American and White are the same thing. I am curious what other fascinating revelations this thread will deliver! Oh hey I believe that people should be allowed to discuss African culture so obviously I believe that female genital mutilation is OK, or else I could not be a "multiculturalist."

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments

Crowsbeak posted:

Why shouldn't we try to eliminate the concept?

Ah the old "if we just stopped talking about it" tactic.

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments
There is also a difference between valuing the participation in socially necessary labor and the Protestant Work Ethic which is what people often refer to when mentioning work ethic in the US.

• Locked thread