Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avenged
Jun 9, 2005

I'm here thinking Carolina defense and FOZZY WHITTAKER can get me 25 points.

Beer League is ridiculousness.

ISO running back FT garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
It's hilarious how barren the WW is RB-wise in a 16-team league with big benches.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Then I'd certainly be a damned fool to feel any other way, wouldn't I?
Did not think I would be starting Darren Sproles in TYOOL 2016.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

dphi posted:

It's hilarious how barren the WW is RB-wise in a 16-team league with big benches.

Hey, I'm looking to move CJ Anderson or Melvin Gordon for a comparable WR... make me an offer.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
lol, benched tevin coleman cause of all that BS sickle cell high altitude bullshit, kill me please

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

dphi posted:

This is why we entertain ourselves with "kicker hockey"

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Joe Flacco is not elite. He is, in fact, bad.

Baldrash
Oct 26, 2005
I'm pretty sure he was never actually elite and his contract is probably the biggest scam in the league.

Of course, Shady clearly being hurt didn't help things for you, either.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Yeah I new it would be a down week with Zeke out and shady questionable but got a glimmer of hope from the Giants D.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I should have known better than to play two Chicago players against Green Bay.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Anyone who's looking to acquire some receivers, come see me. I got plenty to spare. Interested in RBs. Yards Chewing Company

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
I'm willing to move Chris Thompson

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

I'm looking to acquire a TE - hit me up. I'm Jai Alaiyi

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
I need to shake things up on my team. Anyone interested in trading for AB84?

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

I'm sickened by how much I have to cheer for Bradford tomorrow night.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
My kicker misses a FG and gets an XP blocked and I lose by 4 points. Fantasy football.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Don't forget the part about where you lost to Trevor Siemian @ QB and to a Mark Ingram who scored negative points ;)

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Honestly it was closer than I thought it would be. Ingram getting benched was surprising, too bad it didn't pay off for Cadet. I was super close to swapping Hogan in for Humphries on Sunday morning too but I vowed not to make last minute changes like that long ago.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Yeah, I was getting frustrated with Hogan which is why I dropped him but I also figured, if he was gonna go off, it was gonna be against his former team (who I'm unfortunately a fan of). Hogan's role this year reminds me of Kenny Stills in years past -- a deep threat capable of big games but very inconsistent.

I swapped out Powell for John brown @ the last second --- didn't end up making too much of a difference, luckily.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Who's Romo's Broken Neck Pilsner and why did they quit a few weeks back?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

dphi posted:

Who's Romo's Broken Neck Pilsner and why did they quit a few weeks back?

I'll send them an email to see what's up, that's not cool.

I had one of those stars aligning weeks where my entire team just went bonkers - sorry AlexSmith Checkdown Stout...

Which means next week my entire team is going to die most likely.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Cervixalot posted:

I'll send them an email to see what's up, that's not cool.

I had one of those stars aligning weeks where my entire team just went bonkers - sorry AlexSmith Checkdown Stout...

Which means next week my entire team is going to die most likely.

It was pretty impressive. Technically you defeated me on Thursday.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
Can we talk about Jai Ajayi getting 160+ this week?

Jesus.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

So I emailed Romo's Broken Neck Pilsner (forums user 5436) via ESPN, and I haven't heard a peep. I'm getting worried that they may have checked out, gonna try to hit them up once directly to their email account and let you know what I hear.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

What do we do about it if he has dipped out? Auto-set his lineup every week? Also does this mean he is going to ditch out on sending a box too?

Also while we're on the subject, how does the beer trade thing go? Is it only the winner and the runner-up who get boxes, or is it all play-off teams get 1 and the super bowl people get more, or what?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Mikey Purp posted:

What do we do about it if he has dipped out? Auto-set his lineup every week? Also does this mean he is going to ditch out on sending a box too?

Also while we're on the subject, how does the beer trade thing go? Is it only the winner and the runner-up who get boxes, or is it all play-off teams get 1 and the super bowl people get more, or what?

I would suggest we either let it play out in order to make it equitable from this point forward (so the teams who already got a win against a bogus lineup don't get an advantage), or do a commish auto-setup to match top points projected going forward. Open to discussion on this.

If he goes dark completely, we'll have to remove a box from the total (probably at the expense of the league winner, unfortunately), but hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Just realized I didn't send a PM to him, I'll try that avenue as well.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Also, Trade Deadline is next Wednesday! Send out your trade offers!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
This league, man:

- 2 games separate first place from 14th place
- 14th place is 4-5
- In the west, the 2nd and 3rd highest scoring teams are 6th and 7th place
- I was in 14th place. I then won 3 straight games, rocketing me all the way up to... 13th place
- Six teams tied for best record
- Second highest scoring team in the whole league has a losing record

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Nov 11, 2016

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Mikey Purp posted:

I say leave the line-up as is since people have already gotten free wins against him.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

dphi posted:

I say leave the line-up as is since people have already gotten free wins against him.

Agreed, and this is speaking as someone who already got an auto-win out of him

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Thank you based Zeke

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Hop Puns was a few points away from the East division shutting out the West this week.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Come on gang. Last Minute Trades. Let's do em. Ty Montgomery? Chris Thompson?

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
Hyde Your Whalez. Your Kelley just scared the everloving poo poo out of me.

Good play this week dawg.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

So I dropped Jennings when NYG had basically the worst run game in the league, and it looked like he was mired in a lovely committee with Perkins.

Of course a week later he's a workhorse back.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

So I have a couple of questions:

1. Are playoff teams based on divisional standings, or purely record based? Seems like the site is basing it on records right now, but I wasn't sure if that is intentional or not.
2. How are prize boxes distributed? All to the winner, BIF for playoff teams with more to the winner, or what?
3. Anyone want to trade me a RB in exchange for a WR or two? Whoops, nevermind.

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Nov 22, 2016

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
This was the payout last year:

umop apisdn - 6 boxes (1st place)
Mikey Purp - 4 boxes (2nd place + highest season point total)
Retemnav - 1 box (3rd place)
Catfish Noodlin - 1 box (Loser's bracket winner)

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

^^^ pretty sure that was year 1, I didn't play in this league last year.

But the fact remains that that year was with 12 teams. Now that we've got 16, do the 1st and 2nd place prizes just get padded, or do those extra boxes go somewhere else?

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Oops, copied that from the front page of last year's page without reading. Here was the payout from last year:

Winner: 7 Boxes of Beer
Jota (Yard's Chewing Company)

2nd Place: 3 Boxes of Beer
Avenged (Ben Roethlislager)

3rd Place: 1 Box of Beer
Cervixalot (Daisy Cutler)

4th Place: 1 Box of Beer
Tubestank (Pick Six Pack)

Highest Regular Season Point Total: 1 Box of Beer
Cervixalot (Daisy Cutler)

Winner of the Loser's Bracket: 2 Boxes of Beer
Hatful of Hollow (Throwing Bud Lites at Santa)

Second Place Loser's Bracket: 1 Box of Beer
Baldrash (z-Flat Natty Lite)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

So it looks like the way we had it set up for the top 4 teams from each division (record, PF as the tie-breaker) making the playoffs last year, but no byes for the first place teams last year ( I don't think we were happy with this setup).

I'm going to look to see if there's a conceivable way in which we can figure out how to give the top teams byes.

• Locked thread