Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Then I'd certainly be a damned fool to feel any other way, wouldn't I?
I would just like to say gently caress Cam and gently caress me for being dumb enough to draft my team's QB. Still, best league I was in this year, you guys always bring it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

Cervixalot posted:

Sorry, I pm'd drunk nerds and forgot to post in the thread. Same compensation rules as last year

Can you post those rules?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Mikey Purp posted:

Can you post those rules?

Yeah, I think they are earlier in the thread somewhere - I'm traveling today or else I would post. Will post later

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Ah no worries, here it is:

Winner: 7 Boxes of Beer

2nd Place: 3 Boxes of Beer

3rd Place: 1 Box of Beer

4th Place: 1 Box of Beer

Highest Regular Season Point Total: 1 Box of Beer

Winner of the Loser's Bracket: 2 Boxes of Beer

2nd place Loser's Bracket: 1 box of beer

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

GG Blasting Tapes, I really thought I had you for a little bit. Who would have thought that benching AB84, my last remaining stud, for Tyler Lockett was the key to victory?

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
No doubt, I was pretty worried early when Montgomery and Tyreek scored right off the bat, thank God for Shady being Shady. It all came down to that last game and as Witten started to rack up the receptions I wondered if I had a chance. Well done.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Also, I'd vote to change the payout to 6/3/2/1 so that there's incentive to try to win the 3rd/4th place game.

dphi fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Dec 19, 2016

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

As someone who is playing for 3rd or 4th place, I approve of this message.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
I was under the impression 3rd/4th were decided this week in the championship bracket?

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
It's the same prize for either though, the way it is now

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Great idea -I think 6 boxes is a huge enough haul for the first place team, that the difference between 7 and 6 is worth adding intrigue/competitiveness to the 3rd/4th place game. More beer love being spread is a good thing.

Let me know if anyone has any major objections with that approach:

1st Place: 6 boxes
2nd Place: 3 boxes
3rd Place: 2 boxes
4th Place: 1 box

Highest PF: 1 box

Loser's Bracket Winner: 2 boxes
Loser's bracket runner-up: 1 box

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Did we figure out if MIA team Romo's Broken Neck Pilsner is participating in the BIFing or not? That may also factor into prize calculations.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Mikey Purp posted:

Did we figure out if MIA team Romo's Broken Neck Pilsner is participating in the BIFing or not? That may also factor into prize calculations.

I expect he will be, as he replied to my requests and began setting a lineup from that point forward. Everybody sent a box last year, so hopefully that trend continues!

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Cervixalot posted:

Great idea -I think 6 boxes is a huge enough haul for the first place team, that the difference between 7 and 6 is worth adding intrigue/competitiveness to the 3rd/4th place game. More beer love being spread is a good thing.

Let me know if anyone has any major objections with that approach:

1st Place: 6 boxes
2nd Place: 3 boxes
3rd Place: 2 boxes
4th Place: 1 box

Highest PF: 1 box

Loser's Bracket Winner: 2 boxes
Loser's bracket runner-up: 1 box

I'm confused about the "loser's bracket" thing- are we talking about the "Consolation Ladder" or the "Winner's Consolation Ladder"? The consolation ladder doesn't seem to consolidate down to a single championship game.

Also is it only regular-season points, or is it points scored in general?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I'm confused about the "loser's bracket" thing- are we talking about the "Consolation Ladder" or the "Winner's Consolation Ladder"? The consolation ladder doesn't seem to consolidate down to a single championship game.

Also is it only regular-season points, or is it points scored in general?

Regular season points, which is how we've handled it the last two seasons, if I'm not mistaken.

Theconsolation ladder is the loser's bracket, so no teams that made the playoffs are eligible. Looks like I messed up by not re-seeding correctly last week, so I went ahead and fixed the schedule, sorry about that guys - I don't think it changed anyone's ultimate outcome, luckily.

Basically, for Week 2 I pitted the 4 winners from week 1 of the consolation bracket against each other (top seed vs low seed), and the 4 losers from week 1 against one another. Winning teams from each set of 4 will face one another in week 3.

The Loser's bracket championship is this week - Malcolm in the Mitchell Steele vs. Gold for Watt Ales You, since they are the only teams to win their week 1 and 2 matchups in the bracket. Make sense?

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Cervixalot posted:

Regular season points, which is how we've handled it the last two seasons, if I'm not mistaken.

Theconsolation ladder is the loser's bracket, so no teams that made the playoffs are eligible. Looks like I messed up by not re-seeding correctly last week, so I went ahead and fixed the schedule, sorry about that guys - I don't think it changed anyone's ultimate outcome, luckily.

Basically, for Week 2 I pitted the 4 winners from week 1 of the consolation bracket against each other (top seed vs low seed), and the 4 losers from week 1 against one another. Winning teams from each set of 4 will face one another in week 3.

The Loser's bracket championship is this week - Malcolm in the Mitchell Steele vs. Gold for Watt Ales You, since they are the only teams to win their week 1 and 2 matchups in the bracket. Make sense?

Yeah, that all sounds about right to me.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
I'm getting jack poo poo this year, but I'm excited to send out some new Rhode Island locally brewed beerskis to someone in 2017.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Well, a extra box of beer rests on Terrence West and Denver's D in the loser's bracket. I am not confident.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Retemnav posted:

Well, a extra box of beer rests on Terrence West and Denver's D in the loser's bracket. I am not confident.

Sorry! Good game
Winning those two boxes turns around my whole fantasy season from "borderline pathetic" to "pretty good"

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
I was getting a bit nervous about Matt Prater and the possibility of him going off tonight. Nice match Miller High Life.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Thank you Zeke and Shady for carrying my team to a championship victory. My new year's resolution to drink less is not off to a great start.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Good game! I thought I had a chance if Ebron didn't do much, but Dallas held true and gave up yards to the TE. I would have been a reluctant champion if I managed to win due to Dallas sitting Dak and/or Zeke during Week 16, so I'm glad they played and it was a fair match.

(Just don't talk to me about Fat Rob getting 4 TDs vultured at the goal line)

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Sorry for the delay folks, but here are your winners for the 2016 season - congrats all, and thanks for another great year!

I'll get the shipping and logistics coordinated in the next couple of weeks, so please hold off on assembling your boxes in the meantime. We typically give a pretty generous period for shipping, since unfortunately the fantasy season ends during brutal cold weather for certain parts of the country, and nobody likes frozen beer!

1st Place: 6 boxes - dphi
2nd Place: 3 boxes - Zam
3rd Place: 2 boxes - Avenged
4th Place: 1 box - Mikey Purp

Highest Regular Season PF: 1 box - Cervixalot

Loser's Bracket Winner: 2 boxes - Drunk Nerds
Loser's bracket runner-up: 1 box - Retemnav

Let me know if I got anyone's SA name wrong.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Also wanted to extend a thank you to everyone for joining this league, and continuing to make this a super competitive, fun league each season.

Let me know if you have any thoughts on ways we can work to improve the league - whether revisiting the playoff picture, adding new incentives or prizes, or changing up the format somehow.

I hope everyone plans on returning for season 4 next year!

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Time to coordinate shipping details! All current league members, please read the below request, and fill out the forms as directed:

Everyone needs to fill out this form:
https://goo.gl/forms/PD4X9RqYUaFZNae72

Only dphi, Zam, Avenged, Drunk Nerds, Retemnav, Cervixalot and Mikey Purp - need to fill out this form:
https://goo.gl/forms/ASO12Ma90X8y2Eez2

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Got the email -- responded!

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Hey guys, thanks for filling these out! Just need the last 2 league members to fill out the form and we're all set.

5436 and Jota - please fill out this form ASAP: https://goo.gl/forms/PD4X9RqYUaFZNae72

I will send a follow-up email and PM to confirm.

Once I get those replies, I'll get the shippers matched, contact info sent out and we should be good to get rolling with these boxes!

Edit: Thanks Jota! 5436, hit me up!

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jan 23, 2017

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

OK, I have everyone's info. I should have shipping assignments compiled and posted/sent out in the next 48 hours. Once assignments go out, please keep me in the loop once boxes have been shipped/received so I don't have to hound everyone.

I highly encourage posting of your beer hauls in this thread!

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

OK, took a first pass at the shipping list, with an attempt to pair people from different areas of the country together. At least one of you indicated that you trade regularly with some other leaguemates, so let me know if there are any other similar instances on here that I can correct:

cervixalot -> dphi
Mikey Purp ->dphi
Baldrash -> Drunk Nerds
broom -> dphi
Retemnav -> Zam
railroad terror -> dphi
Drunk Nerds -> Zam
dphi -> Retemnav
spacejung -> dphi
hatfulofhollow -> cervixalot
Avenged -> Zam
umop apisdn -> Drunk Nerds
Catfish Noodlin -> Avenged
Zam -> Mikey Purp
Jota -> Avenged
5436 -> dphi

With a total of:
Cervixalot 1 box
Mikey Purp 1 box
Retemnav 1 box
Drunk Nerds 2 boxes
dphi 6 boxes
Avenged 2 boxes
Zam 3 boxes

Look OK to everyone?

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
Works for me. I still owe Jota a box anyway so this works out well.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
I don't know if I'm ready to receive this much beer at once but I do look forward to seeing what people send. If anyone's shipping from Chicago, I wouldn't be mad at getting some Straight Jacket :)

Also, here's my untappd if people want to look it over first - https://untappd.com/user/dphi/

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Looks good to me. Weather in Colorado is supposed to be pretty nice for the next few weeks, so I may end up being able to get my beer shipped sooner rather than later, but I am thinking about tracking down a brewery release or two for the box, so we shall see. I don't reliably update my Untappd, but here it is in case it helps you out at all, Zam.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Dphi, if it's all the same to you, I'll wait several weeks until the weather is consistently above freezing level before sending you some Ocean State beerskis.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Wait as long as you need to, would be better to get boxes spaced out anyway

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
If someone is still packing my box, I LOVE ipa, but I'm happy to experience anything new that someone else likes.

Should I have been given a shipping address for Zam? Because I haven't received any info, or else I missed it. Zam or 'vixalot, please pm me an address (and a preferences list, if it exists). I have been in Washington for a month, and I desperately want to share this Top Cutter IPA with someone

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
I was thinking Cerv sent out shipping info last year - I was waiting on it, anyway. I also need your shipping deets, Zam, if you want to send them directly.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Yeah so did shipping info get sent out already? I can't recall if I had dphi's info and lost it, or what.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I don't think shipping info was sent yet.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Sorry guys, i will send everything out tonight.

In the midst of busy season, work travel and interviewing for new jobs. My bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Shipping assignments have all been sent to the emails you provided to me in the survey. Please let me know if you did not yet receive - I provided Forums username, contact email, shipping address and any beer preference notes that were included.

Please coordinate with your recipient to ensure the timing of your send matches their schedule, and please do your best to select beer that they do not have access to in their local region. Seekabrew.com has a good chart to reference.

Each box should contain at least $50 worth of beer - and can be a mix of bombers/large format and individual cans/bottles. Growlers are cool as well, but take care in shipping. I recommend against shipping 4 or 6 packs - please try and deliver a good variety of different beers for your recipient to try. Mix-a-six can be a good option, and some bottle shops will let you break up packs.

• Locked thread