Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I've found a couple of fixes out there, but it'll take a couple of days for me to find the disk and try them out. If anyone else wants to play guinea pig, here ya go:

http://www.ea117dcfanfavorites.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=5234

http://forum.bf1942.sk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1813 (similar or the same as the first)

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-1942/How-to-Play-Battlefield-1942-Online-Today-Where-to-Download-for/td-p/4550403

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

battlefield 2 or gently caress off

B-17 carpet bombing with a wingful of bros and maybe a jeep too

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

My understanding is that the main problem is that one of the files specifically directs the game to find servers at a gamespy address...naturally that's gone, so that file needs to be replaced by one that links to a functioning site. The various fixes I've found seem to replace that file.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

The official servers were on gamespy, which is dead. There are third-party servers running, though.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Excellent.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Do we have to grab and install all of the expansions from the 1942 mods site?

I downloaded them but haven't installed yet. Got sunk in a Japanese destroyer like three times playing vanilla. :getin:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I've just been joining online servers normally. Haven't tried any kind of LAN thing or anything, just standard multiplayer.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

:wtc: Are you on the ISS?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Lazy Reservist posted:

Is anyone else installing Desert Combat?

Wait, where's this at? I loved DC.

Also, that 1942mods site has one called Battlefield:1982 Interstate

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I am so bad at infantry in bf1942 it's not even funny. I'm so bad in fighters that it is funny.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I loving love stealing the B-17. Apparently they keep spawning, a couple of times we (Axis) had two of them up. :dong:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I've had good luck with the Simple USA (there's more to it than that) server.

• Locked thread