Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
if this takes off count me in, I never played 42

I'd also be down with Vietnam, the first one I played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
someone else download that and tell me if its legit

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
865mb

:eyepop:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i have to take my cat to the vet but this apparently says how to set up a server or whatver

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-1942/How-to-Play-Battlefield-1942-Online-Today-Where-to-Download-for/td-p/4550403

edit: oh its already posted oh well :shrug:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Pesticide20 posted:

Are you guys setting up up actual online servers or just doing LAN over a VPN like Tunngle? Trying to decide if I want to join in and if I'll have to buy the game or just find the :filez:

suboptimal posted:

Apparently the game is free and you can download a copy from here: http://1942mods.com/

Put hundreds of hours into BF4 and I still wish there was an offline single-player or LAN with bots a la 1942. poo poo owned.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
ambient temperature 420 Kelvin

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

VikingSkull posted:

the MIC needs to develop a PPC

nah an elemental suit would be fine but lets not derail this thread with NERD poo poo

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
seriously though I need to download the patch to skip the gamespy poo poo but someone post a server they're on so people can join at some point maybe IDK.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
whats discord and gently caress it

if people want to read gip and join i personally dont see the problem. a lot of the people i find myself talking to on other channels other than the forums from GIP arent even mil so who gives a gently caress

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i learned from discord that i'm a niggerfaggot

edit: i'm just quoting what i was called plz dont ban me it was N4A that said it dad please done take the belt off

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jul 29, 2016

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
its just like 4 gip dudes atm

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
it really wasnt n4a ok i'd feel bad

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Goddamnit, give me instructions to get in on the fuckoing discord thing

click the link and type your name dude its like the easiest thing

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I did, I'm in, how are we "servering" now?

Some generic active, non-punkbuster server that is online and empty (there seem to be enough), or are we doing something dedicateD?

slow down ace we're working on the actually playing the game part

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
idk why anyone would pick anything other than PLANET FUN

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
planet fun is strictly planet pg

also you can have 8 people waiting for a game and when you find one 3 join so theres that lesson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
PLANET FUN is all anyone needs tbqh. A whole planet devoted to fun.

• Locked thread