Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

LegoPirateNinja posted:

i do not let my daughter watch sophia the first

Right??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Applewhite posted:

Also just a heads up but Sophia the First is garbage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8deOkPLcyas

I'm off to join ISIS. Who wants in?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

bitmap posted:

I think I just realised my dad is probably ashamed of me

Probably

This show is proof that being overly appeasing to everyone is the death of comedy. Everyone on this show is hosed up somehow, but it is OK and not at all funny

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
My daughters are really enjoying Voltron: Legendary Defender. I can't wait to find out what adventures Bolin, Red Mako, Blue Mako, Black Mako and Edward (from Cowboy Bebop) get into next.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
the creator of Stephen Universe is a pedophile so of course it's a hit in TVIV.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Jose Oquendo posted:

the creator of Stephen Universe is a pedophile so of course it's a hit in TVIV.

haha what

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
The gently caress is sophia the 1st.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Applewhite posted:

My daughters are really enjoying Voltron: Legendary Defender. I can't wait to find out what adventures Bolin, Red Mako, Blue Mako, Black Mako and Edward (from Cowboy Bebop) get into next.

How did they like Watership Down?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Yolomon Wayne posted:

How did they like Watership Down?

Kids like fuzzy animals right? Hey kids, I got you a bunny movie from Blockbuster.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Applewhite posted:

Ed is in that? OMG my kid is gonna poo poo her pants when she finds out!

I'll clean it up during the credits.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Kids like fuzzy animals right? Hey kids, I got you a bunny movie from Blockbuster.

And you know the creators were fully well aware this would happen at some point.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

bitmap posted:

haha what

A reference to her rumored Ed, Edd, and Eddy fanart which, if true, does point to some disturbing predilections.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I actually got a co-worker to watch that by saying "It's a lovely animated film for kids about a family of bunnies and the grand adventure they have."

After she saw it and decided to talk to me then quit. So I helped improve the morale of the team because we all hated her.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
I want to return to the days where invader zim filled this niche

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Applewhite posted:

A reference to her rumored Ed, Edd, and Eddy fanart which, if true, does point to some disturbing predilections.

well whaddaya know

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

now demystify the dog dick thing for me

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

bitmap posted:

now demystify the dog dick thing for me

I can see why you'd think I could but you're on your own there, sorry.

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
I was going to post about the Ed Edd and Eddy thing but someone beat me to it plus I think it's probably more noteworthy if a cartoonist doesn't have Twisted Sex Brain

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Wank posted:

Just imagine the show that this girl created, it is literally that.

I don't mind watching the show when my kid is. It's nice that there is something that has strong female characters. Goons probably latch onto it because it was made by someone that is a "peer" so has references they get and think it's for them.

I think its funny some people don't immediately feel something is off-putting about this person

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

ElGroucho posted:

I think its funny some people don't immediately feel something is off-putting about this person

For me it's the breasts

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Bug Bill Murray posted:

I'm not really sure what Stephen Universe is or what it's about. Pretty sure it's a children's show though

It's not for kids. Kids don't really seem to like the show very much.

It's for broken teens and fat, confused 20 somethings on the tumblr

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Cthulu Carl posted:

I actually got a co-worker to watch that by saying "It's a lovely animated film for kids about a family of bunnies and the grand adventure they have."

After she saw it and decided to talk to me then quit. So I helped improve the morale of the team because we all hated her.

She probably killed herself.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
God created EVEN Universe, not STEVEN Universe...

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

ElGroucho posted:

*Draws Jewishly*

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Its verry important the lgbt have some representation in the media and this show is what they feel best represents them

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Uncle Wemus posted:

Its verry important the lgbt have some representation in the media and this show is what they feel best represents them

Boring, preachy, self important and up it's own rear end aren't really what they should be striving for

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
I said it on some other thread, but I would rather let my kid watch an HBO sexy, gay drama than this sad-sack nonsense

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
My son can be gay if he feels the need to be, but he better not be a goddamed wiener kid about it

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Serious Frolicking posted:

a weakness of mine is that i am turned off of things i otherwise enjoyed by their fandoms. sherlock, for example. it wasn't a great show, but i liked it well enough until i found out about the dog dick stuff. can't bear to finish it now.

never seen this show, though. i am pretty sure only genderless blobs with neon hair would even consider it.

i too unironically let fandoms define me

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
the only half way legitimate reason to watch a childrens cartoon is drugs and even then you should try something marginally less pathetic like jefferson airplane and a 3 hour fractal youtube when youre huffing nitrous in your underwear

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Lastgirl posted:

i too unironically let fandoms define me

I think your AV already makes that statement redundant

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Booblord Zagats posted:

I think your AV already makes that statement redundant

:yeah:

those disney sitcoms are more of a crime against humanity than dumb cartoons

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Uncle Wemus posted:

that's so loving depressing jesus christ

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Lastgirl posted:

:yeah:

those disney sitcoms are more of a crime against humanity than dumb cartoons

I don't let my kid watch the Disney channel anymore, because its all rear end in a top hat kids calling adults morons. And the comedy loving SUUUUUUCKS

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Wank posted:

Just imagine the show that this girl created, it is literally that.

I don't mind watching the show when my kid is. It's nice that there is something that has strong female characters. Goons probably latch onto it because it was made by someone that is a "peer" so has references they get and think it's for them.

so what are this thing's pronouns, triggers, headmates, and kinships? just so i can get an idea of how much i have in common with it

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Fans of all media are scum who talk to me about poo poo I hate

But none are worse than the fans of something awful

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Uncle Wemus posted:

what the gently caress. its a childrens cartoon. at least adventure time is enjoyable when im high as fuuuuuuuuccckkk

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Have you read the novelization?

I think it's called Stephen's Universe in a nutshell

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

ElGroucho posted:

I don't let my kid watch the Disney channel anymore, because its all rear end in a top hat kids calling adults morons. And the comedy loving SUUUUUUCKS

right? there's so many of these generic shows with canned cornball actors and actresses that always sound like they're exerting themselves just to get a wheezy forced laugh out of you

we went from Phil of the Future to that~ :chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Bug Bill Murray posted:

I know literally nothing about it and am curious why it's so popular. That's all.

Kids will essentially watch anything, no matter how awful it is. See: basically every show on Nickelodeon.

I have a 10 year old, AMA about the lovely shows he likes.

• Locked thread