Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
I like lots of stupid cartoons and video games but I draw the line at talking about that poo poo with other grown-rear end adults in public. I've got friends who will shout at the top of their lungs DID YOU SEE THE NEW STEVEN UNIVERSE and I'm on the other side of the table hissing at them to shut the gently caress up before I have to burn down the restaurant.

In conclusion, I think I'm too old for shows with 'fandoms'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
Super serious post: sometimes I think I'm the only person who loving loathes musical episodes of shows. No matter how much I love the show, if there's singing I want no part of it. I don't understand why everyone else seems to love them and it's become like this emperor's new clothes thing I can't escape.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
I had an incredible thought the other day while watching children's cartoon Steven Universe. It was an episode about codependent relationships and my first thought was 'man this is a pretty good lesson for kids', and then my second thought was 'man this is a really good lesson for thirty-year-old man-children who will settle for the first woman who throws a gently caress into them'.

In conclusion, it's good that grown-rear end men are watching cartoons aimed at little kids, because maybe those grown-rear end men can learn some lessons about socialization that they somehow avoided when they were young.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

max4me posted:

Whats funny with all this poo poo is that rockos modern life had great adult jokes and you dont see nearly this kinda poo poo with its fan. Hell now that I think about it invader zim had great dark humor, an annoying fan base but again not like with these shows.

I fully loving guarantee you that if Rocko was airing today, people would be shipping characters and giving them headcanons and otherkin and all that other poo poo that happens with every cartoon airing today.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Troposphere posted:

I identify very strongly with Patrick

I identify very strongly with Mr. Crabs whale daughter because I can't listen to her talking without hearing the Boss from MGS3, and the Boss was a true patriot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Maldoror posted:

steven also fuses with his girl friend and basically makes a trans

The zipper on those jeans is fighting a losing battle.

• Locked thread