Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

franzkafka posted:

This is right (and the reason behind the parenthetical after the thread title).

However, look at the "inroads" that Trump has made with the LGBTQ community! He said "LGBTQ" a few times at the convention. He got applause for saying that he would protect them from terrorism during his tirade to a room full of the basiest dogmatics at the convention.

I guess what I'm saying is that he has been reaching out and it hasn't hurt him yet in the way you would expect. I have this theory that it is because the gays aren't perceived to be brown...

Trump brought a governor who championed a discriminate-against-the-gays bill in his state on for VP, and pledged to nominate the gay-hatingest judges he can find. Promising to kick out Arabs is not "reaching out" to the LGBT community, that's why it hasn't hurt him with his base. And also why he's not making any LGBT "inroads", Trump is losing LGBT people by similar margins as hispanics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread