Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Yeah, that added endurance contest (no really, that's basically what it is when you get down to brass tacks) is just painful. Once again, OG handled it better! By simply allowing Aqua to be a pilot with everyone else in Steel Dragons for a few stages before Hugo returns. No throwing her into a Dragoon for about 10 minutes only for Hugo to show up with Cerberus/Garmreid after weathering several waves of Jovian units, OG just lets her be a part of the team and learn from the other pilots as part of the natural flow of her character arc.

On a related topic, whoever designed and greenlit MXP's bonus stage deserves to be punted into a collapsing supernova. End of discussion.

E: Update on previous page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Now that I think about it, it would have been appropriate to give her an MP Great instead of a Dragoon if you chose Garmreid, but what's done is done.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
You know what would be really neat if they ever do Zeorymer again? If Great Zeorymer showed up not as secret unit, but as a boss long after the finale of the show. You know, to keep things relevant beyond just "Oh, here's Omzack again 20 missions later, kill him again okay?"

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

On NG+ or something it could be an MP Eva. :unsmigghh:

Alacron posted:

You know what would be really neat if they ever do Zeorymer again? If Great Zeorymer showed up not as secret unit, but as a boss long after the finale of the show. You know, to keep things relevant beyond just "Oh, here's Omzack again 20 missions later, kill him again okay?"
Yeah it could be interesting. You could have Masaki split from Masato somehow and upload his personality into it or something.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
He does seem like the sort that would have a backup plan for his backup plan.

Grashbar
Aug 17, 2014
Zeorymer CAN actually be shot down in MXP. Nothing happens should that happen, it just gets a full HP refill with no fanfare. Its EN doesn't get replenished though, so once it runs low enough, he can just get ganged up and get repeatedly "shot down".

It's a bit amusing.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
Two extra bits today. After Elde kills Mitall at the end of mission 41, instead of simply laughing, they added something to her last line:

: Hah…hahahah… I think I'll help myself to your research data now - including his medicine's. And with this, my sweet AI1 will…

Next, over by mission 51, when Misato tells Hugo and Aqua about the murder and the connection between the Tsentr Project, Elde and NERV/SEELE, a new part was added after she signs off.

Unlike in the original game, Hugo was still very much dependent on his medicine even after getting Mitall's adjustments, so...

quote:

This news raises a question from Aqua: what will happen to Hugo's medicine now that Mitall's dead? Well, he still has a stash left and the adjustments Mitall gave him way back when made the medicine a whole lot more effective... though he still can't go without it. So who'll make more of the stuff when Hugo needs it? Well, he figures the guy kept data on the synthesizing process stored someway, so we'd need to get our hands on that.
And if Elde erased that data when she killed Mitall? Then that'd be a big problem. The amount of medicine Hugo's got left might be enough to last him through this but it'll be a tight squeeze. And when Aqua asks, he says that if he fully runs out of the stuff, his body'll seize up like it did before. And some time after that, the organic components of his will simply shut down - he'd die, in other words.

Aqua asks if we couldn't run some analysis on the medicine he has to figure out the ingredients and make it ourselves? If that was possible, Hugo'd have done it ages ago. It takes some very special ingredients to synthesize the thing - ingredients that only Mitall knew how to create. All signs point that we'd need to get back to Mitall's lab and try to find all that but we hardly have the time to do so now. Hugo says it'll be a race to see if whether us taking out the Medius or him running out of medicine will happen first.
Aqua doesn't like that and is about to tell him to get to Mitall's lab ASAP when the alarm sounds.

After this, the mission continues as normal.

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Feb 15, 2017

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Brunom1 posted:

Two extra bits today. After Elde kills Mitall at the end of mission 4 ...

I don't think it was mission 4

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Frickin' keyboard's dying on me... I meant 41!

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Mission 54, after Albero punches Elde's crazy rear end and makes her fall in line, he has something else for her to do before setting off:

: Elde Mitte… I need your skills one more time.
: Is that an order?
: It is… And how about you start by detailing the synthesizing process of Hugo’s medicine and where its ingredients are stored?
: How should I know—
: Don’t try to play me. I’m sure you would’ve taken that intel when you killed Zapato – just as a small card to play if need be.
: …

When he shows up during the big battle, Albero still says the same stuff and how he won't apologize for seeking his revenge and surviving to atone. In between all that, though, there's a new bit:

: That said, there’s something else that needs to be addressed: I’m sending you something.
: Ah? The Medius just transmitted some data…
: That’s… data on Zapato’s medicine?!
: It is, including the location of where he stored the materials needed to create it.
: So if you can make it through all this… if you can beat me and the Medius Locus, I wager you’d live a pretty long life.
: Another reason why I now need to go and defeat my enemy, is what you’re saying?
: That’s right.

After that, everything is the same up until the finale, where Hugo and Aqua's scene changes a wee bit after she says she'll be sticking with him:

: Yeah, I guess. And I’ll still need to deal with this pain-in-the-rear end body for a bit more, so I’d really appreciate your help.
: Oh, now what’s this? A rare display of humility from Mr. Hugo Medio?
: I didn’t say that.
: Hahah… well, alright. As always, looking forward to working with you again.
: Yeah… Same here.

And boom! That's everything that changes with MXP and I'm officially done!

I'll be sending this to the LP archive later, after giving it a look over, and then the thread'll be locked.

Special thanks to Caphi and punmaster Hokuto for the various times they gave me their valuable opinions, or listened to me rant about Izumi or Evangelion/RahXephon (seriously, it took me forever to figure out how it all tied together... to a point, not even the JP wiki folks are sure). And, of course, many thanks for everyone who read this over these past months.

Cheers! :toot:

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Feb 16, 2017

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Good work, Brunom. :)

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Congrats on all your hard work, Brunom!

May you no longer be haunted by Izumi's puns while you sleep at night.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

AradoBalanga posted:

Congrats on all your hard work, Brunom!

May you no longer be haunted by Izumi's puns while you sleep at night.
Yeah that would be a harsh pun-ishment.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
Congratulations!

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)
Congratulations!

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
Congratulations!

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Congratulations!

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
WAK WARK UGH

e: this is the closest crabsticks come to "congratulations"

Mister Olympus fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Feb 16, 2017

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Congratulations!

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Meus Parabens.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Congratulations!

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.
Congratulations, Brunom!

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

I can only really offer this in congratulations.

It seemed fitting, in the end.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Glückwünsche!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Congratulations!

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
Tops stuff as always, thanks for the time and effort you put into this. It's been a pleasure to read.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Congratulations!

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

They've planted corn everywhere.

Soiled Meat
Congraturations!

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
Congratulations!

Corponation
Apr 21, 2007

Fantastic.
Congratulations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
Congratulations!

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

:staredog:

Did I get tang'd overnight?

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Brunom1 posted:

Congratulations!

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!
Congratulations!

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Congratulations!

:v:

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
Congratulations!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Congratulations!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Brunom1 posted:

You did complete a game with Evangelion in it. It was only inevitable that this be the ending.

*cues up "Komm, Susser Todd"*

• Locked thread