Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soral
May 30, 2009

i got an achievement in pc cart racing game zero gear for playing in an online game with only military officers that only 0.52% of players have gotten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

Popular Human posted:

Double-posting to talk about what makes a "good" rare achievement. I think it definitely has to be some kind of action, something insanely tough within the game that requires practice. It can't just be a "collect every single widget in the game" trophy, even though lots of those are super rare (hello, Last of Us). It also has to be something concrete that isn't glitchy. Lots of games with "beat the game w/out killing anyone" trophies are like that - I legitimately beat Dishonored using only non-lethal poo poo, but because someone fell down a set of stairs and got eaten by a mutant rat somewhere that I didn't notice, I didn't get the trophy. Lastly, it can't be multiplayer-based: not because I'm biased against multiplayer, but every super-rare multiplayer trophy just ends up with people meeting online to 'boost' the trophy, so instead of people actually playing the game there's a meaningful contingent of people just grinding trophies and not having fun.

i'm more impressed by people beating dark souls on ng+++ to get the achievement for collecting every weapon than i am with somebody who beat desus ex or whatever using only the knockout gun instead of the otherwise identical murder pistol. but ok dude.

Soral
May 30, 2009

there's still time left to complete your metal gear july goals

• Locked thread