Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Most of my rarest trophies are for Helldivers (my rarest is the one where you have to complete a level 7+ planet without being spotted, which was a lot easier before they nerfed the distraction beacon)

My rarest Steam achievement is the 'play Hatred for 60+ hours' one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Black August posted:

I engage in video games self-masochism

You are definitely going to have to leave.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Popular Human posted:

Double-posting to talk about what makes a "good" rare achievement. I think it definitely has to be some kind of action, something insanely tough within the game that requires practice. It can't just be a "collect every single widget in the game" trophy, even though lots of those are super rare (hello, Last of Us). It also has to be something concrete that isn't glitchy. Lots of games with "beat the game w/out killing anyone" trophies are like that - I legitimately beat Dishonored using only non-lethal poo poo, but because someone fell down a set of stairs and got eaten by a mutant rat somewhere that I didn't notice, I didn't get the trophy. Lastly, it can't be multiplayer-based: not because I'm biased against multiplayer, but every super-rare multiplayer trophy just ends up with people meeting online to 'boost' the trophy, so instead of people actually playing the game there's a meaningful contingent of people just grinding trophies and not having fun.

Multiplayer trophies/achievements can kiss my rear end.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

elf help book posted:

i won xbla banjo kazooie from playing 1 vs 100
I got all the achievements in that. Is there a site for tracking your rarest XBL cheevos?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

elf help book posted:

i got all the achievements in a xbla rocky and bullwinkle game, and the devs sent me a rocky and bullwinkle dvd as a reward

:worship:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training posted:

They should bring back 1 vs 100 that was a killer idea

It was a lot of fun. Sucks that it only lasted a handful of months.

• Locked thread