Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
warcraft_boyfriend_99
Aug 12, 2007

by Pragmatica
Way back around 2002 or so, I used to sell Kirby vacuums. It honestly wasn't that bad a job if you weren't a total scumbag. I would pay $1000 for the vacuum (later 750 as I moved up the ladder) (sounds like they charge a bit more now or salespeople are just greedy) so anything I sold it above that was pretty much pure profit. Every 3 I sold a week would net a $250 bonus from my boss, so it actually worked out pretty well for a guy in the midwest. I ended up getting a free one at our xmas party the first year, and kept it all the way until 2014 when I got the Shark Navigator which no joke is probably the best vacuum on the planet for the money.

The next year wasn't so great for us though... mostly because my bosses wife had her kids kill him for the insurance money.

"CROWN POINT | The wife of murdered Merrillville businessman John Parker Jr. first tried lacing his food with an illicit drug. All he got was what he thought was food poisoning.
Judy Parker also tried to hire hit men, but they either got cold feet or simply took the money and ran.
Finally, the 40-year-old woman recruited two of her own children to kill their stepfather. She succeeded April 17, 2003, when her son, Daniel Lee Hicks, shot the 33-year-old Merrillville businessman in the back of the head in an ambush outside J&J Parker Industries, 8892 Louisiana St. in Merrillville, a corporate sales and service operator for Kirby Vacuum Corp., where he trained sales people."

https://mylifeofcrime.wordpress.com...ill-him-failed/

edit: There was a chain of command structure at Kirby that I just remembered. If you were absolute bottom of the barrel and had no crew working under you at all, I believe the vacuums cost like $1250 or something, I can't remember, so that was the price point those salesmen had to hit to make a successful sale.

warcraft_boyfriend_99 fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Jul 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread