Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Why, vixen, have you again set the gods by the ears in the pride and haughtiness of your heart?

GRANNYS PEACH TEA posted:

:bahgawd: This hyar is a castle doctrine state meanin if yew stick yore foot in mah door ahma shoot it off. I swear mister officer I was feelin threatened for mah lahf he coulda kilt me with that vacuum.

Counterpoint: When I was housesitting for my brother in Tacoma, someone knocked on the door and ducked to the side where I couldn't see him through the peephole. I was expecting a package from Amazon that day so I figured the mailman had knocked and left it on the welcome mat. Imagine my surprise when I opened the door and some scrawny guy with meth scars all over his face forces himself in the crack of the door, turns to the parking lot and yells "I got one!" then steps in ranting a thousand words a minute about how it was my lucky day. Did I drop away from the door and grab my purse/gun? You bet. Even after I chased him out at gunpoint, he and his driver/supervisor stood outside banging on the door and yelling until I called the cops. Not sure how true it is, but the officer who chased them off told me that the people who get hired are either naive kids or unemployable druggies and felons, and they get plenty of calls for door to door salespeople stealing, a decent amount for intimidating or beating up elderly people, and an occasional rape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread