Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

My girlfriend has a big family and a few of them are into numerous MLM's. They're the type of people who do well at them since they're willing to prey on their own family in order to make dozens of dollars. Early in our relationship my girlfriend was constantly broke after visiting her sister, aunt, or cousin, but we always had lots of spices, soap, and plastic dishes.

Eventually I realized that I didn't really have to be that nice to her family, and just started telling them "No." when they started their spiels, and my girlfriend got better at blaming me for not doing things her family wanted her to do. This has slowly extended to me just telling people "No." and asserting myself in all kinds of situations where you aren't really expected to.

Anyway, I knew a guy who briefly did door-to-door vacuum sales. His favorite part was talking to old people and getting to have cigarette breaks if he finished his route or whatever early. He eventually quit and was unemployed for a while and just chatted with his older neighbors and smoked cigarettes all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread