Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
I sat through a 3 hour Kirby vacuum seminar one time.

I had just moved to a new state and needed a job, and this was advertised as a warehouse position. I hadn't actually ever heard of kirby at the time, and it was this huge secret of what everyone was there for, and it ended up being one of the most scummy things I've ever witnessed. After about 20 minutes of refusing to answer any questions and telling everyone he "Worked for Rupert Murdoch, a Billionaire. Who has billions of dollars. And owns a company that owns his company. He has billions you know. Because he is such a good businessman. I'm his representative here today" he dramatically reveals the Kirby signage. To the shock of most of the people who had no idea what the gently caress that was, six people got up and stormed straight out.

The guy launches into a 15 minute speech basically saying. "See? Those people are so close minded they won't even consider an opportunity. They immediately give up. Are you going to give up like that? Because you will get nowhere in life if you just throw up your hands and walk out at every opportunity"

over the next hour more people kept leaving, each time the guy yelling after them snide remarks, he even picked a couple unhappy looking people and berated them for not being enthusiastic (They ended up staying to the end)

He did the baking soda trick where some random rear end vacuum picks up none of the baking soda, but the Kirby just sucks it all up, impressing most of the remaining people. By the end of it he had a few 18-20 year olds convincing themselves this was the greatest business opportunity of a life time while the guy is "See? See how this opportunity is so great? People refuse to listen to the information.

He called each of the 25 people after the seminar and would berate you over the phone making you say "Yes, I want Opportunity" or "I don't need opportunities in life" at that point I just hung up on him and after googling the company had to convince my friend to not show up the next day because even though they promise

1) A company car
2) appointments set up for you so that you are just demonstrating for people already interested (Because so many people want the vacuums we need salesmen!!)

They just loaded you up in a dirty van and would drop you out in random neighborhoods all over the city every day. Holding these seminars weekly to find new rubes to carry around vacuums.

Edit: Also for everyone just saying "Tell them to go away, how hard is that, god :smug:" the guy was teaching people with role-play and literally advised people to stick their foots in doors, or fake emergencies or whatever they had to to actually get into a house, because "once you are in the house you are almost guaranteed to get through your sales pitch."

Fat Shat Sings fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jul 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

GRANNYS PEACH TEA posted:

:bahgawd: This hyar is a castle doctrine state meanin if yew stick yore foot in mah door ahma shoot it off. I swear mister officer I was feelin threatened for mah lahf he coulda kilt me with that vacuum.

Like seriously though, remember the way the rape gang from A Clockwork Orange used to trick people into letting them into their houses? We should use that strategy to sell vacuum cleaners in a town full of gun-toting rednecks, there's absolutely nothing that could go wrong.

Like that guy cares, he is one level up on the pyramid, since his job is to recruit all of the salesmen and send them out to sell his vacuums. This branch wasn't like some of the other peoples in this thread apparently, since other posters mentioned they got X amount of dollars per $3000 Kirby. This guy offered $10/hr "with options for commission once you've proven your dedication" so he was just Min/Maxing the door to door system, sending an army out under orders to almost break and enter to sell vacuums that he was taking all of the commissions on.

• Locked thread