Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
A girl I used to work with had a Kirby salesman give her and her husband the spiel, and they bought the vacuum. The guy said he'd start billing their card but it never happened so they got it for free.

My grandma used to buy anything that anyone at her church was selling. When she died, there was a Rainbow and all it's attachments still boxed up in one of her closets. I threw it on eBay and got $2900, which is crazy.

I've gone through like 3 Dysons, and they do lose suction over time, despite what the ads day. Now I just use my grandma's old Electrolux canister vacuum, because that thing can still suck the drywall off the studs. You have to buy the bags online, but you get like 200 bags for 10 bucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I put my schlong in a vacuum once and dont understand the appeal. Never did it again. Didn't even boner.

You have to have the boner first, then stick it in the hose. You're not using the rotating bristle head, are you?

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
A few years ago two young (like 19ish) girls came to my house in the middle of nowhere and asked if I wanted to buy some magazine subscriptions. I told them I didn't have any cash and they said they'd get a bonus if we'd all drive to the ATM together and that's when I noticed they didn't have a car and looking back on it I think they were going to kill me.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Skeleton Ape posted:

Dysons are creaky lightweight plastic turds that cost $500 and break in 2 years. But they're expensive so they must be good

Agreed. They do work really well in the beginning, and the attachments are all really handy instead of just one of two, so it's easy to get sold on them at first. When I bought my first one I also bought one for my mom and sister each. My mom and I have soured on them by now, but my sister is still hooked. She recently bought one of the ball ones and when I noticed it she said "look how easy it turns!" and then proceeded to nearly pull her arm out of socket trying to make it turn under the sofa like in the commercial.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Henry's gonna aspirate something if he's not careful.

• Locked thread