Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Heroes wasn't so bad after accounting for the whack-rear end physics, the only hazard being bottomless pits and all those Eggman's robots.

Which is to say, no, I do not like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Dabir posted:

My memory of that Heroes is that it's the first one where the camera is rarely if ever a problem.

I distinctly remember the boss camera being very fickle

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

hatty posted:

the replacement songs aren't bad but I hav no idea what they were thinking with the instrumentation.

I've heard claims that the replacement tracks in Origins are from an even earlier beta build than the one that got leaked a few years back, which could explain that.

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

Was it true the GC version of Sonic Heroes was way less glitchy than the others or am I making that up? Either way, I played it so much I mostly adapted to any weirdness.

4 playthroughs was still bullshit tho

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Mumbling posted:

Was it true the GC version of Sonic Heroes was way less glitchy than the others or am I making that up? Either way, I played it so much I mostly adapted to any weirdness.

That’s the version I own and don’t recall having any major issues not related to the actual gameplay so I’d say yes

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Mumbling posted:

Yes, the PC version was based on an earlier build and has a bunch more glitches that speedrunners love. PS2 version might have been the same, I don't know.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The only thing I still remember about actually playing Heroes is one of the team dark missions that ends with you running up the inside of a big cylindrical silo as it fills with lava or whatever, and there's a point where every time I'd do the homing attack it'd lock onto something 90 degrees from where I was facing and fling the character directly towards the camera and to their death, every single time

ouuuuuurgh gently caress now I'm mad just thinking about this part

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Mumbling posted:

Yeah, the Gamecube was the primary development system with the others being ports of the gamecube version (and also the gamecube version having more bugfixes that they got in while they were working on the ports to the other systems). The gamecube was the system that they were most familiar with due to SADX/SA2. And because they devved on it all their shaders and stuff were designed around the gamecube architecture.

The XBox and PC version were moderately buggy and a noticeable downgrade from the gamecube in terms of both graphics and glitches. The PS2 version was an absolute clusterfuck on both fronts. (And there's the PS3 version, which is a semi-emulated semi-ported version of the PS2 version, because not all PS3 had backwards compatibility and it wasn't powerful enough to straight emulate PS2, so what happens is it emulates some of it and directly translates system calls of the others, and you basically end up with the PS2 version but with even more glitches.)

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
wooow look at all those eggman's robots

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

WEE-WEE-WE-W-W-W-WEE-WEE-W

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

wooow look at all those eggman's robots

whow, my head's spinning!

e:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hotDifSf6rE

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Feels good

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

i'm sad no one has mentioned poo poo ROCK YEAH yet

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Level UP!!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Let’s show that creep the REAL SUPER POWER OF TEAMWORK!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

IHOP is doing a Sonic The Hedgehog promotion before they do a Dragon Quest one. Crazy.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Larryb posted:

Let’s show that creep the REAL SUPER POWER OF TEAMWORK!

Hell yeah

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

IHOP is doing a Sonic The Hedgehog promotion before they do a Dragon Quest one. Crazy.

international house of puff puff

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

I can respect getting all emblems in Heroes.

I cannot fathom all A Ranks in Heroes.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Chieves posted:

I can respect getting all emblems in Heroes.

I cannot fathom all A Ranks in Heroes.

Most A ranks in Heroes are pretty easy, since for most of them it just boils down to “can you beat the stage without dying”.

I mean, not that it’s not nothing, since you still have to figure out how to not die. But beyond that it’s not like it requires strict timing or learning fast routes etc.

The team bosses are hosed though. Straight up rng of either a long back and forth, or one team randomly kills itself in the first 10 seconds.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I'm at the sonic symphony with the fam I hope they play "green hill zone."

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

I’m so god drat salty that tour is skipping Denver

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6Gx7OTn6H0

https://sonicthehedgehog.com/yearofshadow/

:getin:

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
They are actually calling it the year of Shadow, holy poo poo.

edit: wait hold the loving phone, the site mentions Sonic: All-stars being the reason he modified his bike, which means to certain kind of nerd, Danica Patrick, Wreck-it-Ralf, and Simon from the Yogscast are all cannon to Sonic now.

Ash Rose fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Apr 9, 2024

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

All Hail Shadow

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

That one comic about shadow customizing the bike just cause he really likes it is canon

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The games section of the site has the Generations remake and…Superstars which he’s not even in unless I missed a DLC announcement outside of Sonic’s Shadow Fursuit.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Pants Donkey posted:

The games section of the site has the Generations remake and…Superstars which he’s not even in unless I missed a DLC announcement outside of Sonic’s Shadow Fursuit.

Nope, that was it

Also the former still doesn’t have a release date besides late 2024 yet does it?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1777445296600920086

America will fall in love with Mephiles the way they did with Thanos.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

MJeff posted:

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1777445296600920086

America will fall in love with Mephiles the way they did with Thanos.

loving finally, the second chance Silver deserves.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

This therefore implies they’re going to keep making movies after the third one (and as long as they stay decent enough I’ve got no problem with that)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I wonder if they recast Robotnik or if they just keep throwing big sacks'a money at Jim.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

MJeff posted:

I wonder if they recast Robotnik or if they just keep throwing big sacks'a money at Jim.

Carrey’s coming back for 3 at least

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

So hyped for the Chaotix movie

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

countdown to zavok

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Looking forward to Sonic the Hedgehog (2036).

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The children of America will adore Espio like they do Black Panther.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm starting the "Cast Zendaya as Princess Elise." campaign right now.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

MJeff posted:

I'm starting the "Cast Zendaya as Sally Acorn" campaign right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Broke: they’re remaking Sonic Heroes

Woke: as a movie