Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Sonic Heroes would absolutely be the Sonic Avengers movie and you can play around with Neo Metal Sonic's transformation ability to recast Eggman as someone else if Carrey doesn't want to return

Wonder if that means we'll see/hear anything about the Chaotix or Rouge in the Knuckles series, even as a throwaway line about detectives and jewel thieves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Amy (and by association Metal Sonic)’s introduction could probably be a whole movie in and of itself if you lean into the time travel aspect from CD

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Larryb posted:

Amy (and by association Metal Sonic)’s introduction could probably be a whole movie in and of itself if you lean into the time travel aspect from CD

Mash up You Can Do Anything and Sonic Boom or feature both to solve the soundtrack discourse.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of, I will be shocked if Live & Learn is not featured either during the final battle and/or the closing credits of Sonic 3

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Sonic orchestra trip report:

The first half before the intermission where they played some medleys was pretty cool, but my sonic-addled son lost his mind when the four-piece band came out. The little guy was about to vibrate out of his skin for the Live and Learn encore. Would recommend if you can swing it and are a sonic maniac.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Why is nobody talking about the fact that they made shadow’s bike real

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
All hail shadow

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

what the hell changed behind the scenes that Sega is now perfectly comfortable slapping the Shadow the Hedgehog game’s logo on a motorcycle? it’s also in the Sonic x Shadow generations logo. Not complaining, because it owns, but im just really confused.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

We are now far enough away from Shadow the Hedgehog (the game) that any ironic enjoyment of it has become unironic enjoyment of it, as it is the trend with all things.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I also wonder if that means the Shadow portion of Generations will bring back the vehicles from STH and 06 (I kind of hope not honestly unless they’re completely optional or something)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shadow will get a cool new motorcycle that transforms into power armor he can wear so he can be a Kamen Rider.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

That weird cyberspace level in Frontiers where Sonic has to shift gears to accelerate would suddenly make a lot more sense if that was a framework for motorcycle gameplay

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

True, if they were handled well I suppose vehicles could work

Speaking of, I’m curious when we’re finally going to get more info on the remake and if anything regarding the main campaign is going to change (I’m hoping at the very least they make the Time Eater fight less annoying, even just making the rings more visible would go a long way in that regard)

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Augus posted:

what the hell changed behind the scenes that Sega is now perfectly comfortable slapping the Shadow the Hedgehog game’s logo on a motorcycle? it’s also in the Sonic x Shadow generations logo. Not complaining, because it owns, but im just really confused.

It's also on the Shadow LEGO set released at the start of the year, which surprised me at the time. I guess Sega has just decided to adopt it as Shadow's logo

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Edit: Nevermind

Larryb fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Apr 12, 2024

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Will the second part be called & Knuckles?

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

They sure didn’t mention that at CinemaCon when they apparently screened the first trailer today

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Larryb posted:

I don't know how true this is, but apparently there's big problems with Sonic 3.

They're really behind schedule and it looks as if marketing commitments are going to force them to split it into two movies so they have something to put out on time. The next part will include some of the content already made as well as all new content yet to be created. When both parts are put together, it will play out like one big long story.

Sonic 3 & Amy

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, I’m not entirely convinced of this myself (especially since as far as I can tell it just seems to stem from internet gossip so far) but it would certainly be ironic if another project called Sonic 3 wound up getting split into two parts

Larryb fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Apr 11, 2024

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Larryb posted:

I don't know how true this is, but apparently there's big problems with Sonic 3.

They're really behind schedule and it looks as if marketing commitments are going to force them to split it into two movies so they have something to put out on time. The next part will include some of the content already made as well as all new content yet to be created. When both parts are put together, it will play out like one big long story.

Where did you hear about this

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I heard the second part will be printed on a special kind of disc you can attach the disc of the first half to to produce a double layered disc that will scan as the complete movie

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Larryb posted:

this literally sounds like someone making a sonic 3 joke

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Willo567 posted:

Where did you hear about this

Like I said, internet gossip. Pay it no mind unless an actual source can be found

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Fedule posted:

I heard the second part will be printed on a special kind of disc you can attach the disc of the first half to to produce a double layered disc that will scan as the complete movie

Attaching it to the second movie will insert Shadow in all scenes.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

Attaching it to the second movie will insert Shadow in all scenes.
Attaching it to the first will generate one of billions of random Sonic movies

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Imagine the universe we got Ugly Shadow.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Pretty sure if they stuck with the original design the first movie would have been the only movie (I believe someone here who worked on the film confirmed the existence of an Ugly Tails as well)

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Remember, there’s also an ugly baby Sonic, just sitting on a harddrive waiting to be unleashed :ohdear:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

You knuckleheads, that is so obviously a joke about Sonic 3 the game it's unreal.

"The movie is behind schedule so they're going to split it in two and release the second half later" is not a thing that will ever happen to a 90 minute kids movie.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

You knuckleheads, that is so obviously a joke about Sonic 3 the game it's unreal.

"The movie is behind schedule so they're going to split it in two and release the second half later" is not a thing that will ever happen to a 90 minute kids movie.

The poster I got it from later confirmed it was indeed a Sonic 3 joke, yes (kind of ashamed I fell for that in retrospect)

Pants Donkey posted:

Remember, there’s also an ugly baby Sonic, just sitting on a harddrive waiting to be unleashed :ohdear:

Release the Ugly Cut you cowards

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Was gonna say they can’t be that behind schedule if they just wrapped filming not long ago, but I guess if the ARK/space in general is involved there’s probably a good amount of post-production to be done

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

You knuckleheads

heh

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

If you wiggle the second movie a bit Knuckles turns purple.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

If you attach the third movie's disk to the first and second movies, that's how you unlock the Ugly Cut, which is all three movies played back-to-back with the original character designs intact

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Get Blue Spheres: The Movie

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1779964962997194922

Multiple sources are confirming it :toot:

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

Hell yeahhhh

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yup:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/keanu-reeves-joins-sonic-3-shadow-1235874487/

I actually wouldn’t have minded Hayden to be honest but this is good too

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

keanu is going to make an amazing shadow

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

So Shadow is going to John Wick his way through G.U.N. Agents because they shot Maria, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

that owns