Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

:sickos:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
that is inspired casting

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I’m stunned I didn’t think of this sooner. Perfect in every way.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

People keep asking me if I'm searching for the drat fourth Chaos Emerald, and I'm thinking... yeah, I'm searching for the drat fourth Chaos emerald.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Maria will be changed to a dog person in the movie

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Pants Donkey posted:

Maria will be changed to a dog person in the movie

Reminder that Korone (anime dog vtuber) did a collab with Sonic Frontiers

She was also a voice in the Japanese dub of Sonic 2 (Although no one seems to know where though - possibly as a background voice at some point)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The prophecy......has been fulfilled.....

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Not quite, we still need Vin Diesel, Buscemi, and Devito

Larryb fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Apr 16, 2024

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I just heard Willem Dafoe and Brian Cranston as potential Geralds and as much as I would like it to just be Jim Carrey in old guy make-up, either of those would be incredible.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Y’know, I figured it had to be someone big for how long they were waiting to announce it and how secretive they were being (having him not speak in the CinemaCon trailer)….but I did not see that coming lmao :hellyeah:

MJeff posted:

I just heard Willem Dafoe and Brian Cranston as potential Geralds and as much as I would like it to just be Jim Carrey in old guy make-up, either of those would be incredible.

Personally I’m hoping it’ll be Christopher Lloyd

The Maroon Hawk fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Apr 16, 2024

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
god drat the sonic movie guys just knock it out of the park every single time. makes me believe the “ugly sonic was a psyop” rumors

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Willem Dafoe would be perfect. He can deliver just as much energy as Carrey, but more menacing

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

https://x.com/irloadingscreen/status/1780066028900249932?s=46

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/scrimblocrimbo/status/1780087738340925637

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
incredible

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Amazing

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

This is exactly the kind of posting I was hoping for after the news.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Y’know, I figured it had to be someone big for how long they were waiting to announce it and how secretive they were being (having him not speak in the CinemaCon trailer)….but I did not see that coming lmao :hellyeah:

Personally I’m hoping it’ll be Christopher Lloyd

Nah, he’s already been cast in another role:

https://sonic.fandom.com/wiki/Pachacamac_(Paramount)

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Oh poo poo, I had no idea

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

quote:

I don't know how true this is, but apparently there's big problems with Sonic 3.

They're really behind schedule and it looks as if marketing commitments are going to force them to split it into two movies so they have something to put out on time. The next part will include some of the content already made as well as all new content yet to be created. When both parts are put together, it will play out like one big long story.
You joke but I think they already did this joke with the Knuckles streaming series.

They’re releasing Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Automata 10 Pack posted:

You joke but I think they already did this joke with the Knuckles streaming series.

They’re releasing Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

Only this time the Knuckles portion happens first (also the idea of an ancient echidna warlord working in a bowling alley sounds fun to me)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Knuckles & Sonic 3

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Featuring Shadow from the John Wick series

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Mark Hamill could also make a decent Gerald come to think of it but I figure if he was playing a role in the movie we probably would have heard about it by now

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

New zone for Sonic Dream Team:

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1780627289337917522?t=I976eUOQeLERVUO9KYzElA&s=19

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nice, do we have any idea what time the new update is dropping?

I still feel like that with a couple gameplay tweaks/additions and maybe some extra content Dream Team would have made a perfectly serviceable console title honestly

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

It’s out now (only half the zone is available though so it looks like this’ll be a multi part release)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Apr 17, 2024

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also a look at the cast for the Knuckles series:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=dAr5FRCguOA

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
lol so apparently the Knuckles series is, by screentime, mostly about Wade Whipple. Which, you know, probably makes some monetary/scheduling sense to the suits since it's still Idris Elba as Knuckles, but lmao, it really is "& Knuckles"

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

What are Ken Penders thoughts on the knuckles series

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

TBH in the right hands, a long-suffering everyman having to deal with the antics of a self-important cartoon video game animal warrior guy sounds pretty entertaining. I mean that's basically half the first movie and it was alright.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

New TailsTube:

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1783526388001308856

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

sonic robo blast 2 kart (now called Dr. Robotnik's Ring Racers) got a full release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvAJCrdhrrQ
https://www.kartkrew.org/

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I was just thinking of putting that on my Deck, so now's as good a time as any then!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Dr. Robotnik's Ridge Racer Machine

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

sonic robo blast 2 kart (now called Dr. Robotnik's Ring Racers) got a full release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvAJCrdhrrQ
https://www.kartkrew.org/
This from what I understand is basically a sequel, and apparently there's a lengthy forced tutorial and you're required to play (or win?) a Grand Prix before you can play multiplayer or use mods.

I heard it's also more gimmicky then SRB2K, my friends who are big fans of SRB2K do not seem to like Ring Racers much at all for these reasons combined.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The tutorial is longer than it should be but unlocking online took me about 30 minutes, and they have passwords to skip the tutorial and online unlock. I think they realize that this is clumsy for getting people to pick up and play so they'll likely change it. I wouldn't call it overly gimmicky, there are just three new big mechanics for people to build maps around. A boost system with rings (they don't work like Mario Kart coins), a spin dash for rough terrain, slopes, and the start of each race, and a trick system. My only real complaint so far is that the item button has like 3 actions tied to it.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

The tutorial isn't the worst thing in the world but suffers from being a bit overbearing and wordy, spending too long on certain explanations like springs while not even going over some basic mechanics like parrying projectiles. It doesn't help that it's mandatory without using a code, which leaves a poor first impression for someone who just wants to go in and play the game especially if you're coming from SRB2K which you can just launch and go from the start.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

What I've heard from the people who played Kart 1.0 is that this has some problems. I haven't tried it so I don't know how much of this stuff has made it into the final release, but controversial additions included a system where you jostle for position at the start of the race instead of being lined up on a fixed grid, some really long hitstop every time your kart gets hit, and a new type of ultra punishing damage called 'tumble' that makes your kart bounce around through the air uncontrollably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

I will say that once you get past the annoyances, it is actually a very fun game. It's more complicated than SRB2K and while the game throws a lot of new mechanics at you it flows pretty well once you've digested it all. The biggest change between the two games is that you can now pick up rings during a match, which you can burn to give yourself some extra speed to overtake other racers and drive up super steep hills. The race startup sequence is actually pretty close to Sonic Riders, where you have free control of your character during the countdown and want to try to cross the starting line at 0, with a pretty massive time penalty if you cross too early. The courses are pretty neat, with an aesthetic inspired by the Adventure games. I actually do recommend playing it if you can get past some early game problems