Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Neat, Sonic Generations 2

Jsor posted:

It looks like it has a more serious tone than recent Sonic games.

oh.

Sonic Mania looks absolutely great, though :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

man nurse posted:

My scrub rear end can't get more than two of the emeralds, these special stages are hard.

same. the first one was deceptively easy to me. i'm also poo poo at finding the rings for them, too. I found rings in only Emerald Hill and Chemical Plant, I may have found one in Studiopololis or whatever, but i can't remember

same with the blueball mini-game i make the dumbest loving decisions during them :downs:

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Oxyclean posted:

Also, is it just me or are speed shoes kind of rare? I think the first I found was on a replay. Also, there's speed shoe music rather then sped up level music, game is ruined.

I found a pair in FBZ that was behind a gate, and I think that was it. Has anyone else noticed that the invincibility boxes are in places where it goes to waste? A lot of the ones I've found like in FBZ and PBZ have all been with platforming challenges, with barely any enemies. So either placement is weird or I'm going through levels weridly, probably the second.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

Special stage 5 can eat a bag of dicks

Are there any bonus rings in Metallic Madness and Titan Monarch Zone?

I'm earnestly wondering if what level you get the rings on changes anything (I doubt it). I tried that loving stage like 8 times from Hydrocity onward, and couldn't do it, went to Green Hill Zone to try again and did it first try without changing anything about how I approach the stage :catstare:

There are bonus rings in MM and I think TMZ, but I couldn't find how to reach them

PenguinKnight fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Aug 18, 2017